Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and would like to introduce myself. I'm a 47yr old wife and a mom of 3 (27yrs, 10yrs & 9yrs) I'm addicted to food and an over eater. Nothing dark or sinister in my childhood to make me like this, just...I LOVE FOOD lol. So, I'm lurking around.

Welcome to the site. The community is very helpful and friendly! When do you expect to have surgery?

I'm scheduled to go this Tuesday August 21. The actual "this is happening" moment hit me last night lol

Welcome and good luck! I will be 1 week behind you. I am having bypass the 28th.

And then after you, I will have my bypass Septembe4 5th. Time keeps marching on for all of us!

Welcome to the site and congrats on your surgery. Hope it all went well and you are feeling ok!!!

Good luck to you as well @Chrisb428 !!!

Edited by J San

1 hour ago, J San said:

Welcome to the site and congrats on your surgery. Hope it all went well and you are feeling ok!!!

Good luck to you as well @Chrisb428 !!!

Thank you!!!

Hope you are doing well! Welcome!

Well @skm1971 it's a fantabulous Friday I sure hope it is good for you. I have a presurgical meeting with an amrsthesia person, a Dr Patel. Did you,know,Patel is as common as Smith or Jones,is here. Most common one in India.
My hospital, Ohio State University has a weird sequence of doing things . Apparently you meet with someone from Anesthesia to go over a final checklist 11 days before surgery. So I have an appointment at 11:45 to do that. I'll do it , I'll do it if. if it's part of the final countdown. September 5th , here I come!
So,how did,your own surgery go? A lot of people say the third day post- surgery can be rough. I sure hope yours goes smooth instead. I wish everybody could have uneventful ones, but this is the real world and things don't always work out that way. But I try to stay upbeat through it all.🍀🍀😛

Hi all...had surgery tuesday and got home thursday evening. Everything went well and the doctor even fixed a hiatal hernia that I didn't know I had. Surgery was about 2hrs long. I have 5 incisions and 1 is really sore because they worked it a lot. It feels like alcohol being poured on an open wound so, I'm taking my Percocet routinely. I had 1/4 cup pudding and 1/4 cup cream of wheats today and it's hard getting my Water in. It's after 8pm and I still need another 20 ounces to drink. I'm thinking I'll go with Protein Shakes tomorrow so I can get some nutrition with my liquids.