Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling somewhat lost 😒

Been struggling these last 2 weeks
To lose weight and I haven’t.
I noticed I’ve been eating not good
And a little more than I should due to
This stall and funk.

How can I get out of it? I feel like
I’m ruining everything I’ve done these
Last three months.

I hear you. I am six weeks post op and have stalled. Up 1.4 lbs from Sunday. Shouldn’t be weighing myself so much but I’ve been weighing every day. Sunday is usually my “weigh day”. Try to refocus and start over. You know what to do.

38 minutes ago, acuttita said:

Feeling somewhat lost 😒

Been struggling these last 2 weeks
To lose weight and I haven’t.
I noticed I’ve been eating not good
And a little more than I should due to
This stall and funk.

How can I get out of it? I feel like
I’m ruining everything I’ve done these
Last three months.

Stalls are going to happen, and if you are only tracking your weight, you are missing out on another important measurement, body fat. I've had so many times where I've gained weight and lost body fat. Don't worry about the short term. If you are not eating how you should... don't dwell on it and feel bad for not doing it right, just start doing it right. No one is perfect and no one is a failure until they give up. So, don't give up, change.

Unfortunately this whole WLS thing doesn't follow a set script. The pounds don't continue to fall off at a steady pace and you won't be happy every time you step on the scale. There will be stalls, I've experienced a few and there will be times when I step on the scale and the number wasn't what I expected. The truth is, if you stick to your eating plan, Proteins first, at least 64 ounces of Water, get your Vitamins and get some type of exercise you'll be good. Trust yourself and trust the program.

10 minutes ago, Danny Paul said:

Unfortunately this whole WLS thing doesn't follow a set script. The pounds don't continue to fall off at a steady pace and you won't be happy every time you step on the scale. There will be stalls, I've experienced a few and there will be times when I step on the scale and the number wasn't what I expected. The truth is, if you stick to your eating plan, Proteins first, at least 64 ounces of Water, get your Vitamins and get some type of exercise you'll be good. Trust yourself and trust the program.

This is really good, honest advice! I need to jot this down for when i hit stalls!

Honestly the best thing to do is trust the advice your surgeon, and nutritionist gave you. Only weigh once a week or else those numbers will hit harder. Try throwing in extra exercises. Maybe do a pouch reset.

The pouch reset is bs, just keep following the plan. Track your food and liquids, weight loss is not linear, this is a long haul and get your head wrapped around that and you will be fine. I stalled for 3 months, but dropped 2 sizes in clothing. Lord it was torture, but then 12 pounds came off, the body fat distribution changed too - my stomach fat finally started going going down - yay!

This journey will try your patience, but learn what works for you - you are the only one that can figure that out.

Take it from a daily weigher, the numbers mean far less than you think.
I’ve been sitting right around my goal for two-three weeks.
2 pounds away.
1 pound away.
2 pounds away.
1.5 pounds away.
On and on.
Day after day...and I’m doing everything right!
But I’ve been wearing my goal sizes for over a week.
Today the scale finally showed my goal weight, too.
If you follow the program, you get results.
The scale isn’t always the best indication.

You can put the scale away for a bit and live your life like an exact number doesn't define your worth
Most people don't know their exact FICO scores, IQs, insulin levels, Natural Gas meter readings , heart rate, poison control phone number or national deficit  and they can remain happy from day to day...

So much great advice here! I am a daily weighted, but only to satisfy my morbid curiosity. A number is a number. I go by feeling. I know when I’m eatin good and on point, my body practically sings with energy. When I eat things that are not so good for me, I feel sluggish. Even though I may stall when eating the good stuff, or lose a lb after a day of eating junk, I can feel the difference it has on me. See if you can focus more on that than the scale. Because damn that freaking scale is an evil bit*h.

Thank you everyone for all your advice and encouragement. It has definitely helped me. My coworkers measure me once a month and today was the day and to make me feel better they pushed me even more today. Came out that I have lost another 4.5 inches since surgery so it seems as if my loses right now are with my inches which prompted me to clean my closest tonight and I have one full bag and another closest still to go. I do have a habit of weighing myself daily so I’m going to try and stop because when i do that and the scale doesn’t move i get too much in my head

Sounds like you've got things under control Acuttita, good luck with your future l8sses.😛