Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I used to do almost obsessively prior to surgery that don't do anymore:

Watch My 600 lbs life while eating dinner (seems sad and voyeuristic now), eat popcorn at the movies (want to/scared to/won't) Pinterest SciFi themes, research building a tiny home , drink seltzer Water.

What about you?

Lol OMG, I was hooked on My 600 lb Life also. It's too soon after my surgery to say if I'll give it up for good but not sure it will be the same now.

Yes - no buffets lol, what for a dessert plate of Protein and two cherry tomatoes! Ha ha. Eating out is not much of a destination anymore, neither is planning what to take to a potluck. food is still yummy, but just not at all the focus.

I think I could still peruse the plastic surgery shows, but I have no time to just waste lately. I gave up 90% of Facebook 2 years ago - waste of brain cells, does not enhance my life at all, not missed. I am too busy sewing or square dancing or just 'doing' things. Right now I am on a mission to purge my house of unwanted crap, the less I have to take care of the more time I will gain to have experiences.

After goal, all the sex and sizzle of rapid weight loss and comments are gone. Things get normal. My interests change and evolve over the years.

Things that I used to do.

• large amounts of alcohol and food at parties/holidays
  • laying around the house
  • Watching the food network and my 600 pound life
  • going to bariatric group
  • negative people in my life - Poof they are gone
  • people pleasing

Drinking alcohol daily in excess. The thought of drinking now leaves a nasty taste in my "mental" mouth. haha

Not to mention the" burn" in your reconstructed stomach, not kind to wounded gastric linings.

I used to spend HOURS thinking about what fast food I wanted for dinner.

I used to go to the grocery store and want to eat everything I saw.

I used to have trouble walking because of my knees.

And now things are all better? You. just have given a discouraged Bari-Pal a shot,of hope! Mush you 🐶huskies, on to the finish line !

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who was addicted to my 600 lb life. No longer watch that. I no longer obsess about what I’m going to eat for the next meal.

On 08/17/2018 at 10:43, skinnylife said:

After goal, all the sex and sizzle of rapid weight loss and comments are gone. Things get normal. My interests change and evolve over the years.

Things that I used to do.

• large amounts of alcohol and food at parties/holidays

• laying around the house

• Watching the food network and my 600 pound life

• going to bariatric group

• negative people in my life - Poof they are gone

• people pleasing

Wait there's sex and sizzle... Lol
I'm missing something

On 08/17/2018 at 10:11, Sosewsue61 said:

Yes - no buffets lol, what for a dessert plate of Protein and two cherry tomatoes! Ha ha. Eating out is not much of a destination anymore, neither is planning what to take to a potluck. food is still yummy, but just not at all the focus.

I think I could still peruse the plastic surgery shows, but I have no time to just waste lately. I gave up 90% of Facebook 2 years ago - waste of brain cells, does not enhance my life at all, not missed. I am too busy sewing or square dancing or just 'doing' things. Right now I am on a mission to purge my house of unwanted crap, the less I have to take care of the more time I will gain to have experiences.

I don't sew as much as I use to , but I have a bunch of projects to get done , school is approaching

On 08/17/2018 at 14:55, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who was addicted to my 600 lb life. No longer watch that. I no longer obsess about what I’m going to eat for the next meal.

Yeah and worse was I use to eat while they were eating in the show...