Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months Out

I can’t even begin to describe the changes in my life. I’m doing AMAZING. I feel incredible, I am running again, and I’ve finally mastered those effing kettle ball swings. I’m also down to a size 16. That’s right, a six-freaking-teen. I’m loving it!

My diet could probably use some tweaks. I’m averaging about 800 calories, and with the running I definitely need to kick this up a notch.

Still cranking out my Protein goals and fluid goals. I’m averaging 80g of protein and 90-100oz of straight Water (plus my 2 8oz Decaf coffee w/ premier protein!)

Additionally, I think my pouch is made of Iron. I still have yet to come across food I can’t eat. I still have no feeling of hunger so I suppose that could be an issue if I wasn’t strict about my eating schedule. However other than that I’m having no issues. This surgery was easily a great decision.

Hope all my fellow May surgery buddies are doing well!

Annnd a picture for progress!

image-0.0109672546386719.jpg

Congrats! Very inspiring :)

I can’t even begin to describe the changes in my life. I’m doing AMAZING. I feel incredible, I am running again, and I’ve finally mastered those effing kettle ball swings. I’m also down to a size 16. That’s right, a six-freaking-teen. I’m loving it!

My diet could probably use some tweaks. I’m averaging about 800 calories, and with the running I definitely need to kick this up a notch.

Still cranking out my Protein goals and fluid goals. I’m averaging 80g of Protein and 90-100oz of straight Water (plus my 2 8oz Decaf coffee w/ premier protein!)

Additionally, I think my pouch is made of Iron. I still have yet to come across food I can’t eat. I still have no feeling of hunger so I suppose that could be an issue if I wasn’t strict about my eating schedule. However other than that I’m having no issues. This surgery was easily a great decision.

Hope all my fellow May surgery buddies are doing well!

Annnd a picture for progress!

image-0.0109672546386719.thumb.jpg.12380375156b3c7431b6b962213e4571.jpg
Your weight loss journey is amazing! Your story is inspiring! You loik great!

I also had sleeve surgery in May. Its been a rough road for me and I'm finally feeling like myself again. I've had no complications but I feel its harder to go through at an older age. I'm 56 yrs and post op weight was 315 lbs. I've lost 40 lbs. The last month I've been up and down a few lbs. Don't think I've lost a pound in the last month. But I'm OK with that. I'm looking at it as 40lbs down. I know the stalll is nothing I'm doing wrong. I eat to live now. Everything I eat is healthy. My surgeon told me not to cheat at all for six months and I'd be successful. He said no Pasta, breads, rice, sweets, or baked goods. I don't eat out and I don't eat processed foods. I'm following what he said. And I'm going to be patient. I know when my body adjusts, I will start losing again.
All the regret I had over having the surgery is now gone and I'm looking forward to a more active life.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

@vegasurvivor I am so glad your feeling positive! I hate to read about how people struggle and feel regret but your outlook is a great one. Personally, I love stalls. I always notice how my body will shift during a stall, and I stall regularly.

But 40lbs is amazing! Looks like you and I are on a similar trajectory as I’ve lost about the same. I love your positivity and wish you all the success in exceeding your goals!

You look so happy!

Well done, we are very similar starting dates for surgery and I have also lost about 40lbs since surgery but 58 since my heaviest.

You are so pretty! Also you have a killer smile! you can tell you are really happy! congrats on your progress.

Thank you so much everyone! I am happy, this surgery has truly changed my life for the better. For the first time in a long time, I DO feel beautiful. But more importantly I feel like me. I feel comfortable in my own skin. This is a priceless feeling.

I suspect you were beautiful all along, you just couldn't see it!

Congratulations! I am so proud of you! Tomorrow is my surgery, so I am so very very nervous. I just am looking for some motivational members here that have done well and are still kicking after surgery!

Good Luck jultrim18!

Edited by kygirl68

14 minutes ago, kygirl68 said:

Good Luck jultrim18!

Thank you! I will let everyone know how I am doing tomorrow! :)

@kygirl68 hope your surgery went smoothly

42 minutes ago, Kay07 said:

@kygirl68 hope your surgery went smoothly

I haven't had surgery yet! I'm not even scheduled but hopefully it will be in January after I complete my 6 months of required nutritionist appointments etc! :)