Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started weekly and then tried daily 3 days this week (sunday, mon and tues). Now 3 weeks post op, I think I'll go back to weekly cause it made me nuts!

Daily.
Get up.
Make the pee pee.
Strip off the jammies.
Pull the scale out of the time out closet.
Get on.
Groan.
Record weight.
Put the jammies back on and start day.
💁‍♀️

Perfect Plan, Screwballski, Perfect Plan.📝👍😛

For me weighing everyday only worries me so I weigh in every Monday. I’ve been weighing in every Monday for years now and that’s also my surgery day (8/6). So far every week is going well. I would like to try to weigh in once a month but that may be a little hard.

For a while on here they had Weigh- In Fridays, don't know if that fell by the wayside or what? Since my surgery day is a Wonder Wednesday, I will be a Wednesday Girl! Maybe be brave and do it next week or the 29th, certainly will report it in on my😷 surgery day.

I am 3 weeks post-VSG. I weigh every morning because I know this period will be a time for the most steady weight loss. It is thrilling to see the scale go down. Even if it is in ounces and not pounds every morning. But I won't forget the advice my doctor gave me. Plateauing happens. When it does, skip the scale. He said it was just the body adjusting itself to rapid weight loss and don't let these times discourage me.

Everyday. I need the accountability in my life.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, LeiaStone said:

I'm wondering how often everyone is weighing them selves?

I waited a week to look (this morning) after my surgery. I found the number exciting, but I know it wont always be this substantial. . .

Does getting on the scale daily/weekly/ect get anyone down?
Or do you find it motivating?

Is there a sweet spot frequency wise?

I weigh in everyday... i'm a little neurotic about it, I probably shouldnt but I do.... I do it every morning as they say first thing in the am is always your lowest.

I weigh every day, but only track max 2 times per week. And if my weight has gone up, I stall weighing myself

I weigh myself every Monday morning and write it down in a spreadsheet. Most weeks, I have lost a bit but sometimes I’m up a few pounds. I try to focus more on non scale victories.

Most days. First thing in the morning after taking care of business. But if I forget no biggie.

I have a daily ritual of waking up, go to the restroom and then weigh myself. It keeps me motivated and excited to continue working towards my goals :)

This is my first post!!! At this point two weeks postop tomorrow I am getting lots of satisfaction and encouragement from a daily morning weigh in.

Edited by Lynn Cannon

This is my first post!!! At this point two weeks postop tomorrow I am getting lots of satisfaction and encouragement from a daily morning weigh in.
Just wait it gets frustrating you will have a stall stick to program it works!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app