Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got approval!! Any October sleevers out there?

My surgery most likely will get postponed I have pneumonia. My surgery was going to be Friday the 12th

Mine is Friday also. We are twins.

22 minutes ago, zpratt said:

Mine is Friday also. We are twins.

Yeah unfortunately mine probably won’t be anymore. I find out for sure Tuesday.

Hope everything works our for you.

Hi everyone!

I’m already on my pre-op low carb, high Protein diet but don’t yet have a date. I’ve done my bloodwork, met the surgeon, EKG, dietician consult, psych consult, financing (I have no comorbidities -yet- so insurance won’t budge) I’m 40 years old, 42 BMI and crazy ready. I’ve completed the sleep study and will get my results tomorrow so here’s hoping no apnea, but if I do have to get a cpap the doc said he thinks a few days with the cpap will suffice for him to write his recommendation for the go ahead for surgery! (He’s a bariatric surgery success story himself and I work in the medical field so he’s willing to clear me more quickly than the norm.)

I’m getting the VSG along with hernia repair and a couple other tweaks my awesome surgeon is willing to do. I find this whole process is like that line from When Harry Met Sally, modified and paraphrased-when you find the thing you want to do with the rest of your life, you want the rest of your life to start right away!

I’m hoping for a late October surgery date. I am instructed by the surgeon to take 4 weeks off and the only time I can do that is the month of Novemeber, so the sooner the surgery the better.

I’ve started stockpiling Bone Broth (high in protein!) from sales and am studying my new instapot to figure out how to make supersoft Soups and such. I got tiny bowls and utensils and have been doing a lot of reading and YouTube lurking.

Im excited to find others who are just about to change their lives too! We will look much different in 6 months time!

Hi guys I guess most of you had your surgeries already mine is October 26th and I'm nervous and excited as well. I would love to know what you guys are experiencing post op.

@yvonne47 mine is October 26th as well

I just found out that my insurance approved surgery!! I won't be able to have surgery until October because of my work schedule. Anyway, I really wasn't getting my hopes up in case insurance didn't approve it, but now it's real omg. I'm nervous and excited and would love someone to be buddies with through this. Any takers?
I'm 37. I have 4 kids (14, 11, 4 and 2) and I'm a teacher. I am starting with a BMI of 40 exactly with no comorbidities. Anyone out there with similar stats? Even different stats but you are having surgery in October? My date is 10/4.
Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved oktober 1st my bmi was 44 on my highest weight. I have lost 25 lbs total with the pre diet. Which are 14 lbs since surgery. My bmi is down to 40.4 now .

Sent from my RNE-L21 using BariatricPal mobile app

October 22nd! Is the first day of the rest of my life!!! So excited and terrified!

I just found out that my insurance approved surgery!! I won't be able to have surgery until October because of my work schedule. Anyway, I really wasn't getting my hopes up in case insurance didn't approve it, but now it's real omg. I'm nervous and excited and would love someone to be buddies with through this. Any takers?
I'm 37. I have 4 kids (14, 11, 4 and 2) and I'm a teacher. I am starting with a BMI of 40 exactly with no comorbidities. Anyone out there with similar stats? Even different stats but you are having surgery in October? My date is 10/4.
Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app

My BMI is 38 with HTN my surgery is scheduled for October 29th. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/7/2018 at 7:12 AM, JennieJuniper said:

Having a dilemma that I hope you guys can help with. I’m currently scheduled for Oct 1 (yay!) last night my dad (who had a sleeve in 2011) called me and asked me to wait until after the new year... I’m so bummed. I wanted to have lost a good amount by then to start the new year off with a bang. His reasoning is that I’ll have to stay with him for a couple days post surgery (I live alone and he thinks I’ll need help — not sure on that one either) and he’s not ready. My brother is getting married the 22nd of Sept so it’s one thing after another. I told him I could see about moving the surgery a week or two but I really do not want to wait until next year.

What do you all think? Am I being selfish? He admits to being selfish about this but I’m so ready and looking forward to my date.. it’s been a good year in the making! What would you do?

Is there someone else who might be able to help you? I wouldn't want to have to move the date. I'm sorry, I just realized that your surgery should have already occurred.

Just my opinion but family or whom ever will tell you to do things in reference to the surgery however you are the one doing it you have to go for what's good for you if you feel good about doing it now then I would do it. something is always gonna come up you may need a little help but I think you will be fine mine is October 26th and most of the time I will be alone but I will make due and hopefully you can at least call a friend if you really need any help. Remember just my opinion. I was told not to do it at all by family soooooo not listening to that .