Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I cut my hair? (Hair Loss)

I'm 9 months out and still experiencing pretty significant hair loss. Thankfully I had pretty thick hair to start. I'm ready for it to stop, though. Is annoying and if it goes on much longer, will be noticable to others. Fingers crossed that I'm almost through with this not so much fun aspect of WLS.

17 hours ago, 1badassbiggurl said:

I just cut mine off so I wouldn’t have to keep watching it fall out

Hey gorgeous! How ya doin? Long time no see!!! Good to see you back! What are your new stats!?

On 09/02/2018 at 11:34, FluffyChix said:

Hey gorgeous! How ya doin? Long time no see!!! Good to see you back! What are your new stats!?

Hey boo ...CW 204 been stalled for about two weeks but that’s okay I’m still winning

On 09/02/2018 at 11:34, FluffyChix said:

How about you!? How are you!? What are you’re stats!? Got any pics!? New recipes!? snack ideas!? ........im here for it! LOL :-)

Hello everyone, I'm two months out and already seeing hairloss. I'm also thinking of getting it cut.

Do you know where I can read more about this? How did you discover this? I can't find anything anywhere.
No u cant find anything because its an old ladys home remedy

5 hours ago, PALOMABELLA said:

Ialbuterol is only for asthma suferrers. Its the liquid that goes in the machine.

Yes, I know this of course. I was just questioning if it's really "albuterol" that causes hair regrowth and how do you use it for that purpose? I thought maybe you meant a different thing and typed albuterol instead.

I just read a thread about someone who lost so much hair she felt compelled to shave her head. While this woman looks adorable and is rocking it, I would look like King Kong Bundy. Of all the rough things ahead, this is what I fear the most. I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. I don't look good with short hair at all.

I had a very similar experience to yours. After a few weeks of hair coming out in clumps I got about three inches taken off and LOVED the results! Although the cut wasn't doing anything to prevent the Hair loss, my negative emotions surrounding my hair went away with a fresh new look.

For anyone going through this now, please know it is not a permanent issue. Everyone's hair loss will be different, but it will not last.

I'm a month out so no Hair loss yet, but I know it will happen. So I cut it all off.

hair before.jpg

hair after.jpg

I've thought I was the lucky one who wasn't going to have any hair loss... I was so naive. These past few weeks have been absolute hell for me. My hair has been my save and grace while I struggled with my weight. I have extremely long, thick beautiful hair that I get so many compliments on. However, as I watch it fall out in clumps in the shower it takes so much willpower to not cry as I loose the one thing about myself that I was so proud of. I've never had short hair in my entire life, but at this point, I am seriously considering cutting it to around my shoulders. It's currently right above my butt. I'm really torn because my hair has been something about myself that I really loved, but also I am transforming my life and feel as though if there is a time for a new look, now is the time to do it. I've lost 65 pounds in a little under 4 months (starting weight was 238 and current weight is 173)... Any thoughts? Thanks.

I'm 8 months post op, and had EXTREMELY thick hair pre op. Now, my hair is teetering on thin... it brings me to tears thinking of all the loss. I am still losing weight, but not as rapidly. Despite the slowing of loss, my hair is still falling out in clumps. I don't see an end in sight.

The other very scary and real thing is... regrowth. What in the hell will my hair look like when it starts to regrow? How long will I struggle with the regrowth, years...?

I did everything right. I took VERY good care of my hair 1+ years going into surgery. My hair was uncolored and virgin hair. I was/am taking 10k units per day of Biotin. I get my Protein in daily. I limit heat exposure and use only the best products. There is virtually nothing I can think of that I haven't done to prevent this loss.

Edited by AshAsh1

Still haven't gone back to work yet. My hair is naturally stringy and thin. I just ordered a halo and tape in hair extensions (topper was going to take too long to arrive). Should be here tomorrow. Having my hairdresser color to match my own and will have her do them. This way when hair starts coming out won't be to noticeable