Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

I drink a shake for Breakfast, eat a P3 for lunch, a snack like string cheese and a clementine OR a sliced small apple and a single serving of PB, dinner is usually some kind of Protein meal. I only prep breakfast,lunch and snack

Oh and it’s damn near impossible for me to eat 6 times a day. That’s what my NUT wants me to do

Even though I actually had Mini Gastric Bypass, I decided to join you guys to gain motivation.

HK

4 hours ago, MissPoodle said:

Haven't lost any weight for over a week. Anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m with you sister. Starting to get a little depressing. Lost great first month now it takes forever to lose a pound😒. Some days I wonder why I did this if it’s not going to help shed the weight. Don’t go to dr and nutritionist until mid December. Really hoping things turn around before then. Hope you start losing again. I totally get your frustration

On 12/01/2018 at 04:30, MissPoodle said:

Haven't lost any weight for over a week. Anyone else experienced this?

I only lost 2.6lbs my whole second month. I think my body thought I was dying. This month (third month) I lost 10.

I’m with you sister. Starting to get a little depressing. Lost great first month now it takes forever to lose a pound[emoji19]. Some days I wonder why I did this if it’s not going to help shed the weight. Don’t go to dr and nutritionist until mid December. Really hoping things turn around before then. Hope you start losing again. I totally get your frustration
I've been doing some reading and it looks like it's normal to plateau...i guess i worry this is all I'm going to lose....but it hasn't been that long. I really hope you start losing again too. We so much want this to work!!!

I worry that I’ll be a gastric bypass failure. I noticed that I plateau within a couple of weeks of the start of my cycle. I have pcos too so maybe it correlates? Finally seeing the scale move a lil lower after being on my cycle since Wednesday.

My surgeon told me that if I plateau that I should continue to follow my surgeons guidelines and the weight will come off again. I also need to remember that every week will not be a major weight loss week.

For this month my goal is to shed about 15lbs. I’ll be working on hitting my protein/water/sleep/exercise goals. I think my plan will give me the results I’m looking for🤞🏾🤞🏾. The only reason why I have a goal for this month is because i turn 25 next month and I want to feel confident in my outfit. Also I want to tell the truth about my weight when I renew my license. I’ve been the same weight on there since I was 17 or so. “Still weigh 254?” “Yea sure 👀”

Probably one of those weird but true things, can't see how you would be wrong!😴

MissPoodle,

I have been walking. A little over 2 months I had an emergency gallbladder removal so I’ve been restricted to walking and treadmill. There are videos on YouTube that you can follow that are short and sweet. At this point I don’t think we need to go too hard on exercise. At least 30 mins of activity to start.

@MissPoodle, I am not even able to do that at this time. The arthritis in my left knee is so bad that if I think about trying to walk anywhere my body sends me nasty messages. Right now all I am able to do is peddle at least 10 to 15 minutes a day.

I have been going to the local gym (it's actually gym equipment in my local park put there by the council) to do the upper body machines and the eliptical machine every second day for 15-20 minutes. I find the cross trainer/eliptical thing much easier on my knees than walking or cycling. It's summer here, so I think it's about time to get back in the pool, too.

Today, only 10 weeks post op I have hit the 1/2 way mark to my goal. 20 kg down, 20 to go. I'm really hoping to have it gone by April 2019 as I'm going to meet my sister in Morocco and I'd like to be able to do everything we want to do. Bypass has been one of the best decisions I've made.

Congratulations MMME!!! Keep up the great work!!