Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, MMME said:

So, I seem to be stuck. I have not lost any weight for over 10 days (100g up, 100 down, 200 up, 200 down). I'm eating ok, trying to drink as much as I can and taking my Vitamins. I walk to work from the train, which is about 3/4 mile each way. I'm trying to walk more during the day, but I just cannot make the scale budge. I know I'm losing something because my clothes are looser now.

I'm also having a lot of trouble with nausea. I tried to eat a scrambled egg on Sunday and it came straight back up. Last night I tried well cooked cauliflower and some roast chicken breast with sauce and I promptly vomited that too. Knowing that I was still empty I tried about an hour later to have a slice of cheese which I had been able to tolerate a few days ago. Nope, I immediately felt extremely nauseous and alternating hot/cold. I feel like I'm pregnant with morning sicknes, but trust me, if I was we'd be calling the Vatican because it would be a miracle! I'm due to fly to Canada (I live in Australia) on Friday and I really don't want to be sick for 2 weeks over there. Unfortunately I can't change my travel plans either. Any suggestions from you lovely people how to get back on track? Thanks

I can only tell you what has worked for me. I am slow to recover also. So more of the hot broth, warm tea, and even like cream Soups like Tomato or chicken. My stomach only wanted warm food. It helped settled and get more Water in me. But the stall weight is NORMAL. LOL Mine was 3 weeks before it moved 2 lbs. And this week has not moved at all. I am trying more food type. I'm having to learn how to eat as slow as Molasses with small bites. Or it will feel like it's stuck in my throat and I throw up foam. Learning how to deal with that now. But always get a Protein Shake in. Best of luck on your trip. Hope this helps.

I think I'm still eating too quickly and also I'm realising that if i eat any meat it has to be moist!!!!
Tried turkey mince and chewed it really well but still felt like it was stuck in the back of my throat and chest...i was really hungry so ate a bit too quickly....took a long time to settle.
Anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

53 minutes ago, MissPoodle said:

I think I'm still eating too quickly and also I'm realising that if i eat any meat it has to be moist!!!!
Tried turkey mince and chewed it really well but still felt like it was stuck in the back of my throat and chest...i was really hungry so ate a bit too quickly....took a long time to settle.
Anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?

Yes I am having similar issues. Tried turkey the other night and felt like it was stuck in my chest. Last night I tried some meat loaf. I put ketchup on it and it seems to go down much easier. Also tried oatmeal yesterday which I had bad luck with earlier but yesterday I put nonfat milk on it and put the dry oatmeal in my food chopper and made it really fine. That seemed to make all the difference. I think you are 100% correct the keys are moisture and eating really slow

And another Autumnal soul sister, Muss Poodle and Cindih576, save things with me and as you might remember, I also have a stricture compounding things, Right now turkey mince from MP or even a turkey meatloaf from Cindi, I will be off to OHIO Job and Family services this am to beg for FoodStamps/other assistance, had been having trouble,with landlord who turned evil, fought,in and out of eviction court. To keep my credit ratings so besmirched I couldn't get other housing, I had to agree to move by end of October, oh and it wasn't an easy month looking and looking for another place when you won't have money,until November 2nd, and evil soon-behind me landlord know it GDWell. Struggled, asked what few high school and,ither friends if they knew of anything, and each year,it gets smaller, dying off, down-sizing, moving to Florida, other warmer climes, Miss Poodle, you'll get a chuckle from this, one ex-classmate, her son and daughter are relocating to Australia, something to do with American Embassy there, so she's going to be in Canberra or the outskirts, friend who told me, was all a -flutter about it.
So I lost 85% of my food stuffs , my winter coats, over 1/3 of remaining clothing, son had his only by virtue have fewer and was able cram in one cranny on uhaul truck, we were planning to making another load after unloading what we had, so lost kitchen table,with chairs, beds, Son sleeping in one living room chair I had forced him to load on with pillows propping up feet, he always thought it an UGLY shade, well it has mustard yellow upholstery, I have been sleeping in a recliner, foot rest up,but my lower legs and ankles on car carrier because my legs are long. Had a call into Local Furniture Bank, need to notify,them it has reached emergency status, I am 72,cannot sleep on floor because of arthritis and sleeping,on chair aggravates lower back to where I may be back walking with walker instead of cane. Oh there is MORE but it is now 8 Am and I better start calling around. If anyone wants to talk more, this is currently,only means of communication, can't re establish landline and cable and internet until later in week. This place,is not wired so on 4G cellphone pinging,off Verizon tower. But I am semu-alive, semi-healthy and trying to reduce,in size from a semi-truck/🚚 lorry. And Glory Glory for that!👼😝👨

And another Autumnal soul sister, Muss Poodle and Cindih576, save things with me and as you might remember, I also have a stricture compounding things, Right now turkey mince from MP or even a turkey meatloaf from Cindi, I will be off to OHIO Job and Family services this am to beg for FoodStamps/other assistance, had been having trouble,with landlord who turned evil, fought,in and out of eviction court. To keep my credit ratings so besmirched I couldn't get other housing, I had to agree to move by end of October, oh and it wasn't an easy month looking and looking for another place when you won't have money,until November 2nd, and evil soon-behind me landlord know it GDWell. Struggled, asked what few high school and,ither friends if they knew of anything, and each year,it gets smaller, dying off, down-sizing, moving to Florida, other warmer climes, Miss Poodle, you'll get a chuckle from this, one ex-classmate, her son and daughter are relocating to Australia, something to do with American Embassy there, so she's going to be in Canberra or the outskirts, friend who told me, was all a -flutter about it.
So I lost 85% of my food stuffs , my winter coats, over 1/3 of remaining clothing, son had his only by virtue have fewer and was able cram in one cranny on uhaul truck, we were planning to making another load after unloading what we had, so lost kitchen table,with chairs, beds, Son sleeping in one living room chair I had forced him to load on with pillows propping up feet, he always thought it an UGLY shade, well it has mustard yellow upholstery, I have been sleeping in a recliner, foot rest up,but my lower legs and ankles on car carrier because my legs are long. Had a call into Local Furniture Bank, need to notify,them it has reached emergency status, I am 72,cannot sleep on floor because of arthritis and sleeping,on chair aggravates lower back to where I may be back walking with walker instead of cane. Oh there is MORE but it is now 8 Am and I better start calling around. If anyone wants to talk more, this is currently,only means of communication, can't re establish landline and cable and internet until later in week. This place,is not wired so on 4G cellphone pinging,off Verizon tower. But I am semu-alive, semi-healthy and trying to reduce,in size from a semi-truck/[emoji598] lorry. And Glory Glory for that![emoji72][emoji13][emoji67]
That all sounds extremely difficult. So glad you're surviving through it all. When is your next gastroscopy? Are you able to keep anything down without vomiting? I really hope your living situation improves soon

This Friday, the 9th, would you believe I am looking forward to it? if they sedate me enough that I sleep, it will be the first peaceful one in a week. I have news for you my metric 🐤, 127 kg, for you others multipy by 2.2, at any rate Miss Poodle will be wagging her tail in joy, she knows what a loss that,is!
I truly don't,know what next, had call into local Furniture bank, got approved for tomorrow at 1:30pm, now person in truck reneged on me, I don't drive any longer, really,need these items, maybe I can go on local barter or sale radio show at 9AM, and beg someone to do this, maybe there might be someone to gift me with this solution. But I will keep everyone updated on Frust8 and her follies!👈👼👉

I hit a stall from week 3-4 but I believe I broke it. I’m avoiding my scale because she lies

My whole second month was basically a stall. I lost only 2.6lbs in all of October. I’ve lost more than that in the first 6 days of November.

Talked with my doctor at my 6 week follow up and he explained how normal the stalls are. Said that he didn’t even talk weight at the 6 week follow up and that we would review at the 4 month appointment.

He explained that because of the pre and post diets that our bodies are in starvation mode so once we start real foods coming back that our bodies are freaked out and hold onto every calorie and no weight goes. Said that in a bit our bodies will realize that we’re feeding it again and weight will start coming off again. This explanation made me feel much better because I was feeling pretty bad about stalking. Hope it helps some of you too!

An update of sorts. Thought, prayed,thought,prayed, and the, called in on local buy-sell-barter- give away free radio program, it's called "Tradio" weekdays between 9- 10AM. Asked if there might be by chance someone who. could transport me there for free or minimal fee. Told them I had come out of a bad situation, don't care if they would think in error, physical abuse or such. We all have points where we say "No Mas. Like sometimes you personally , emotionally can not tolerate and no longer want a part,of your life, you escape with you can.,What my trigger point was, might differ from yours but no less valid, just as what brought YOU to weight loss. But when it happens, you turn yourself around, have surgery, and commit to living better, cleaner, and receive a new 🔑 ,a tool for better living. I guess I am waxing pholosopical today, if it offends anypne, I apologise.👸😛👩😝

And now I have furniture suitable for my happiness. If you came to visit, I would be less ashamed to show you into my living situation. I now have a loveseat/small couch.combo with an ottoman. Comfy and in need, an extra seat, a Broyhill, so well made. Didn't think I liked the shade of upholstery, but my son was right, they do fit in with other pieces of furniture for a design plan. He decided to curl up on it for a nap, tossed a blanket over him, and let him sleep.
My 💩was strained, oh it was there but like I no longer had the oomph, but lower tummy pain. Thank you (sarcasm) Stricture for not giving enough diet to keep things moving. Tried and tried, it was there and soft thanks to Miralax, but pfft. So I finally broke down, took a dose of Cherry MofM, Precious Pouch said "Whattt?" told her Shut up, hold it in there, no "pukies "I need relief. Finally crawled on new Queen-sized bed with Quilt on top, between the being able to stetch out, the MoM , or a modicum of lightened worry, but I got results, may have lost a pair of Granny Panties, but I will soon " undergrow" them, maybe go to Just My Size, fruit of Loom, or even Vaniety Fair et all. That is one thing I hated back,in perimenopause, the staining so I used get white so it could be bleached, now I will purchase prints, polka dots and different shades. Even if no one else requests to see them, I know I am,pretty there! And I will buy things with some style but heavy on cute" Feel-good" as I get smaller life is too short to be a gray sweat- suited BLOB!
Going to start on my minimum 64 oz of Fluid, planning 96 and up, but 128 might keep my 3 kidneys pink and processing. Didn't void much yesterday and that AIN'T GOOD for innards MY Age.
Tony, the guy who helped me transport, brought his cousin Jack Clancy to help. Kinda weedy to look at, all the years I knew both families I never realized the family relationship. But boy, could Jack work! Don't prejudge by looks, I helped as much as I could and not strain my tummy muscles, don't want popping mini hernias, but he pitched in, helped arrange my furnishings better. Got a nice" to me" sturdy solid kitchen /dining table and 4 very pretty honey oak solid dining table chairs.Really needed those chairs, need to sit down frequently, low calories don't keep one from dizziness. Miss Poodle, you asked about nausea and it's brother-in-law vomit. Well Friday, Saturday , a little Monday. Didn't eat enough yesterday to matter, if I get in my Zofran, it does help enough, to keep it in the background. It 8am- 4pm-10pm, the Carafate 6am -- noon- 6pm- midnight, I try to work the rest in around them, fluid when I Can, liquid diet items and pray I haven't shortened my life. But an embarrassing sameness, gosh I miss real foid, tasty food, things with natural density and Fiber to them, will genpro and Benefiber and MoM be residents of my lifestyle forever and ever? Want my Premier Proteins back! Muscle Milk is starting to gag me, Wal-Mart has seen fit to restock only chocolate and vanilla PP, been allergic to Chocolate since carried Baby #2, over 40 years , he's the one now a Angel😪👼💅👼for 10 years last January. And I vow I will never drink vanilla after this is over, hate thick white and tasteless, ycch!

Anyone have days that nothing you eat sits right? I am 9 weeks out and for the most part I do well with what I can eat. I can't do very dense meats, they just don't sit well, but soft chicken and ground beef, lunch meat etc are fine. However, every now and then, like 2 days ago, everything I tried to eat made me feel awful and came back up. Nothing would settle right except sugar free popsicles. So, after 3 attempt during the day to eat something that would not stay down, that's what I ate for dinner was popsicles. But yesterday I was fine and I ate no problem. Just weird this pouch of mine?

Same duration out, but even worse off. Heading this afternoon for endoscopy #3. 5th of my lifetime, never had one until 2015, making up for lost time? Anyway I would hope this is the on the money stoma dilatation, but losing hope and confidence. Is the next stage open surgery or am I going to do this every 2 weeks until the end of the year? Meanwhile my weight pummets, last N.P. appointment October 9th 295, my last verifiable weight check, only have done at doctors offices, never trusted home scales, was 278 and that was 4 days ago. Yesterday, as example, calories in 533, fluids maybe 60, and that's being charitable, squeaked through with 60 of Protein. Last night , one of the things we like is sliced zucchini and potatoes sauted, weird but I picked up the dish when I married. into Late Lameted's family. Made small skillet along with leftover KFC chicken from one of food pantries. With all my moving expenses,no cash to speak of left, so resorted to there. Filed for Emergency Food Stamps last week, no help there yet. Said to myself, looks soft, tender and almost liquidy, let's measure out a 1/4cup and take our teeny toddler spoon. Bad bad Frustr8, 27 minutes in, a hour and a half , foamie, sllimey, urp and puke. And by the time it settled down, it was a sf popsicle and go NPO for the procedure today. Only blessing, if one can call it that? Precious Pouch is so anorexic/bulimic food doesn't stay down to develop an odor. As long as I take Carafate 6am-noon-6pm-midnight and Zofran 8am-4pm-10pm, I can minimize the puking but never a thing of the past. And I am down to either soy or pea protein vanilla Protein Shakes I got with coupons, muscle milk is starting to gag me, if I thin it down 1/2 strength and tell,myself It's Medicine I maybe can choke it down albeit slowly. And in an act of utter stupidity my Wal-Mart has decided to only carry Premier Protein in chocolate which I have been allergic to for 43 years and vanilla, which I have learned to loathe, Who Wants something thick, white and tasteless? Maybe I can go to Krogers, food stamps I NEEd you, after I moved I can't afford the installation fee of $85 to get rotten Spectrum or Century Link, think they might bill it? Not those illegitimate souls, they want to make a profit, Not be a public service. So Frustr8is limping on with her trusty Verizon on 4G but of course, without my service, no WiFi, so Ping Pong Ping!
How much longer can I Exist like this? I would cry but being NPO, I'm close to dehydration!
n

Anyone have days that nothing you eat sits right? I am 9 weeks out and for the most part I do well with what I can eat. I can't do very dense meats, they just don't sit well, but soft chicken and ground beef, lunch meat etc are fine. However, every now and then, like 2 days ago, everything I tried to eat made me feel awful and came back up. Nothing would settle right except sugar free popsicles. So, after 3 attempt during the day to eat something that would not stay down, that's what I ate for dinner was popsicles. But yesterday I was fine and I ate no problem. Just weird this pouch of mine?
I definitely have different responses to the same foods on different days...and they taste differently too. I don't vomit but can get reflux. I also can't do dense meat or eggs.