Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

And Precious Pouch threw all the cheese family up including cottage cheese. And presurgery, like you, cheese especially sharp cheddar was my,go' to!

9 hours ago, MMME said:

I haven't yet but I have a recipe for a Soup that I love so I'll make a pot of that tonight. I simply have no interest in eating anything :(

I might try going back to blended and liquids again for a few days to see if that sparks an interest in food.

It's just really odd to me, that for over 40 years I've been addicted to food but it's like I'm not only cured of the addiction but the "drug" I used to love repulses me now. I'm sure it's just a phase, but I really don't want to make myself ill by not eating anything. So... Soup, yogurt and some I'll try some Beans.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. My partner tries to help but he just doesn't get the fact that my tastebuds have changed so dramatically in the past month that everything tastes bad. I'm even off coffee!

I have been adding a tablespoon of low fat cheese and a tablespoon of salsa to the refried Beans and they taste a little better. I can only do about 2oz of anything at a time. Thank goodness I can still drink coffee. lol. It takes about an hour to drink it but it does taste good. I put a couple teaspoons of nonfat milk powder in it to get some Protein. Good luck. Keep in touch😀

I can totally understand that. Mine eats in front of me and worries every time about it bothering me even when I tell him that it doesn’t. We go shopping together and I get the few things that I can have and the rest of the grocery budget is for him. 😀

I thought I'd try egg again and see if it was ok a few more weeks down the track...and no it didn't....I'm thinking they might be out for good as i didn't like the taste as well as making me sick! Ughh

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

43 minutes ago, MissPoodle said:

I thought I'd try egg again and see if it was ok a few more weeks down the track...and no it didn't....I'm thinking they might be out for good as i didn't like the taste as well as making me sick! Ughh

Me too. I tried a scrambled egg for Breakfast. Big mistake! It came right back up :( I have managed to keep Soup and all bran down. And last night I tried some tinned peaches.

You know Sisters (and a Brother or 2) I'm a little apprehensive, when I get,a clean bill of health, and it has not happened yet, am I going to carefree eat? I have had so many puke-ups, fearful to try? And am I going to have to consult a bariatric psych to keep away an anorexic leaning? I had tried so hard, had things popping up and out my mouth, can I relax and keep it down? I know the SMH people are peeved when a poster says HELP but I do sincerely,mean it HELP!

15 hours ago, MMME said:

Me too. I tried a scrambled egg for Breakfast. Big mistake! It came right back up :( I have managed to keep Soup and all bran down. And last night I tried some tinned peaches.

I was going to try a scrambled egg with salsa today. I'm rethinking that now. LOL! Since the great chicken misadventure, I went back to oatmeal, mashed potatoes, applesauce, and Soups. I've put some shredded low sodium ham in cream of potato Soup, and had shredded chicken in chicken tortilla soup. Some vegetable beef soup where I've chewed and eaten the small bits. But it's definately slow going. I think it's safe to say I'm a little scared of angering the very petite beast. :)

Edited by Lizaboo

You know Sisters (and a Brother or 2) I'm a little apprehensive, when I get,a clean bill of health, and it has not happened yet, am I going to carefree eat? I have had so many puke-ups, fearful to try? And am I going to have to consult a bariatric psych to keep away an anorexic leaning? I had tried so hard, had things popping up and out my mouth, can I relax and keep it down? I know the SMH people are peeved when a poster says HELP but I do sincerely,mean it HELP!
One thing I'm learning from this group is that we all struggle with the eating after our surgery and we are all so different. I guess i think that we should all have been given guidelines by our nutritionists/dietitians that have some basic principles. These should be fairly basic....our bodies need Protein, Water, some carbs and fat and Vitamins and minerals. If we aim for basic targets I'm thinking we'll be ok.
I know these targets are hard to reach right now but we are still babies when it comes to this journey.
Right now Fluid is the number one priority then protein.
And this is hard! Frustr8 you have had a very difficult journey....harder than most...and none of it is your fault. It's harder for you to hit these targets right now but it will happen...they won't leave you like this.
Then you can start hitting the bullseye!!
You've got this...i pray it all gets sorted soon for you

So, I seem to be stuck. I have not lost any weight for over 10 days (100g up, 100 down, 200 up, 200 down). I'm eating ok, trying to drink as much as I can and taking my Vitamins. I walk to work from the train, which is about 3/4 mile each way. I'm trying to walk more during the day, but I just cannot make the scale budge. I know I'm losing something because my clothes are looser now.

I'm also having a lot of trouble with nausea. I tried to eat a scrambled egg on Sunday and it came straight back up. Last night I tried well cooked cauliflower and some roast chicken breast with sauce and I promptly vomited that too. Knowing that I was still empty I tried about an hour later to have a slice of cheese which I had been able to tolerate a few days ago. Nope, I immediately felt extremely nauseous and alternating hot/cold. I feel like I'm pregnant with morning sicknes, but trust me, if I was we'd be calling the Vatican because it would be a miracle! I'm due to fly to Canada (I live in Australia) on Friday and I really don't want to be sick for 2 weeks over there. Unfortunately I can't change my travel plans either. Any suggestions from you lovely people how to get back on track? Thanks

On 10/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, MissPoodle said:

One thing I'm learning from this group is that we all struggle with the eating after our surgery and we are all so different. I guess i think that we should all have been given guidelines by our nutritionists/dietitians that have some basic principles. These should be fairly basic....our bodies need Protein, Water, some carbs and fat and Vitamins and minerals. If we aim for basic targets I'm thinking we'll be ok.
I know these targets are hard to reach right now but we are still babies when it comes to this journey.
Right now Fluid is the number one priority then Protein.< br /> And this is hard! Frustr8 you have had a very difficult journey....harder than most...and none of it is your fault. It's harder for you to hit these targets right now but it will happen...they won't leave you like this.
Then you can start hitting the bullseye!!
You've got this...i pray it all gets sorted soon for you

MissPoodle, I will agree with you. I actually canceled my appointment with my nutritionists. They are worthless, quite frankly. According to their chart, I should be in the second week of four eating english muffins, toast, chicken, fish, ham, etc. I'm currently eating broth with tiny bits of shredded chicken. I had sugar-free jell-o for lunch and am still mainly in puree with very slow foray into soft. I had to learn what to do from on here and another group. They only want you to drink milk, absolutely no Protein Shakes or supplements, even though I am lactose intolerant and even the alternates were making me sick. I finally just had to go on Syntrax myself and bari-wise Soup broth to get in the protein.

My main doctor has a great nutritionist she is setting me up with for the future. It looks like some plans I have since been reading are very good at saying step carefully through the soft stage, starting slowly and moving carefully. I think a lot of programs could benefit from suggestions on how to future modify their programs from past patients.

Went to the doctor today for my 6 week checkup (a week early because of work travel). All cleared for foods and physical restrictions. Each day has been better. He made me feel so much better about the weight stall and told me it’s completely normal. Go back in January for a 4 month check in. How is everyone doing?

My 6 week appointment was on 10/30 and I’m down 36lbs since surgery on 9/17. Down 57lbs since my highest weight in May. I’ve been cleared to weight train and do whatever I want as far as exercise goes. Also I can fit a size 20 vs a size 24 preop.

I’m slowly drinking a Protein Shake a day for Breakfast because I never feel like eating. I eat a P3 for lunch and a spinach salad for dinner. Salad is my favorite way to get my veggies in. The first thing I wanted on regular food was a salad lol. I’ve tried ham and cheese roll ups and apples with Peanut Butter with no problems.

I don’t have any complaints, just occasional indigestion. I feel good, I’m just trying to adjust to being back at work this week. I’ll see my surgeon a week after my 25th Birthday in January. My personal goal for that appointment is 234..we’ll see. Hope everyone is well!

Also it’s no scale November for me, I’ll weigh myself on the 1st