Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

24 minutes ago, cindih576 said:

Oh my gosh, that’s for posting this. I had gastric bypass on 9/24 and am going through this exact same thing. I lost 14 lbs the week after surgery and nothing since. Keep going back and forth between two pounds. I was just thinking this morning what if this is it. All of the surgery for a lousy 14 pounds. I, like you hope this turns around soon. So frustrating

I hope we both start losing again so! Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road. I try to stay positive. I guess i am just having a bad day. I did find this article that made me feel a little better about the 3 week stall.

https://www.mybariatricdietitian.com/mbd-blog/the-3-week-stall-after-weight-loss-surgery

I sooooo feel your frustration. I went thru it too. 3 weeks and the scale not moving. I just posted that on week 4 the scale moved. I asked the doctor and he said it ok to step on the scale everyday but you have to keep your mind that it is only a data entry. You have to look at it as data and what is the big picture. A week out , month out, year out. Our body's change every day. Holding Water, bloating, gaining muscle, to many things can effect our weight. When the doctor looked at my weight he said it is moving down not up! It so does freak our minds out when we have been seeing the scale move daily and now our bodies is adjusting to a new way of living. Our new goal is to get more water and Protein in anyway we can and just consecrate on that only right now. I set my goal for my daughters wedding in Dec. 2019. Look out Hot Dress!

1 hour ago, MissPoodle said:

Almost 6 weeks post op. Still struggling to get in daily Protein and water...is anyone else still struggling like this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 3 weeks out and still have issues with both. I try to suck on ice for the Water and Protein I try cottage cheese, some type of meat for lunch or dinner, eggs and shakes too. You will get there.

4 hours ago, gbjourney6 said:

I’m 3 weeks out and still have issues with both. I try to suck on ice for the Water and Protein I try cottage cheese, some type of meat for lunch or dinner, eggs and shakes too. You will get there.

Do you puree your eggs? I'm hitting four weeks out and heading into soft foods. I'm a bit iffy on leaving the food processor behind.

I really struggled with the Water and Protein, still do a bit. But I was so nauseous I couldn't force anything in, my daughter had to help me out of the shower one day, I was about to faint. My BP was skyrocketing, barely going potty. Finally my PCP stepped in and put their foot down with the bariatric group and ordered them to put me on a Fluid IV because I was so dehydrated. It made a huge difference!

Edited by Lizaboo

On 10/18/2018 at 10:43 AM, shoregirl75 said:

I hope we both start losing again so! Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road. I try to stay positive. I guess i am just having a bad day. I did find this article that made me feel a little better about the 3 week stall.

https://www.mybariatricdietitian.com/mbd-blog/the-3-week-stall-after-weight-loss-surgery

Have faith! I was reading this too, and when I popped on this morning after five days, there went three pounds! We just have to get over those bumps in the road.

I try to surely wait until I have peed, pooed, not downloaded any amount of luquids, since solids are still a go-to for me, wear minimal or no clothes, certainly. no shoes and v then step on scales and PRAY REAL HARD that a good loss will show up!👈😛👉

2 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

I try to surely wait until I have peed, pooed, not downloaded any amount of luquids, since solids are still a go-to for me, wear minimal or no clothes, certainly. no shoes and v then step on scales and PRAY REAL HARD that a good loss will show up!👈😛👉

Frustr8, you make me laugh! 😂😂 (Although I always check my pockets, so I know what you're saying....)

1 hour ago, Lizaboo said:

Have faith! I was reading this too, and when I popped on this morning after five days, there went three pounds! We just have to get over those bumps in the road.

Thank you! The scale finally started moving again after 2 weeks of nothing an i am down 3lbs. So just under 35lbs so far! I hope it keeps going..fingers crossed no more stalls.

10 hours ago, MissPoodle said:

Almost 6 weeks post op. Still struggling to get in daily Protein and water...is anyone else still struggling like this?

I’m right there with you sister. Four weeks post today. Still struggling to get enough Protein and Water. Also not having a huge success with food. Very few things I can eat and not pay for later😒. Dr tomorrow hopefully they will have some suggestions

10 hours ago, MissPoodle said:

Day 35 and I'm right there with you. Somedays I get close, others not on both Water and Protein. But it's the truth, LOL weight yourself only after your had a BM. LOL

I'm pretty much getting more than half my prorein requirements from a big Protein Shake that takes me about 3 hours to sip through. I'm only managing 1/4 cup of food two to 3 times a day...i guess that's ok....just not what i had expected...hard to adjust to. Not a fan of the taste of the Protein shake but it does help with the Fluid requirements too

19 minutes ago, MissPoodle said:

I'm pretty much getting more than half my prorein requirements from a big Protein Shake that takes me about 3 hours to sip through. I'm only managing 1/4 cup of food two to 3 times a day...i guess that's ok....just not what i had expected...hard to adjust to. Not a fan of the taste of the Protein shake but it does help with the Fluid requirements too

Sounds like the big Protein Shake is the next place for me to go as well. food is really killing me. Glad tomorrow is dr day😞

14 hours ago, Lizaboo said:

Do you puree your eggs? I'm hitting four weeks out and heading into soft foods. I'm a bit iffy on leaving the food processor behind.

I really struggled with the Water and Protein, still do a bit. But I was so nauseous I couldn't force anything in, my daughter had to help me out of the shower one day, I was about to faint. My BP was skyrocketing, barely going potty. Finally my PCP stepped in and put their foot down with the bariatric group and ordered them to put me on a Fluid IV because I was so dehydrated. It made a huge difference!

When I was allowed to eat egg I hard boiled it and added some non-fat Greek yogurt to make an egg salad kind of thing. Just mash it up well and chew, chew and then chew again.

I'm struggling with Water and Protein too 4 weeks out. I'm managing about 1 litre but I'm just not hungry so having a hard time with the protein thing. I cannot get past the gag reflex with Protein Shakes so that's out. However my partner's ex-wife (we're friends and she's 8 weeks ahead of me with RNY -even the same surgeon!) gave me some pure unflavoured non-gluggy Gelatin based protein that I've been adding to my supper, so that has to be helping. It's called Peptipro gelatin. It's from Australia so I'm not sure if they deliver to the US but you should be able to find something similar online.