Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

I'm 4 weeks post op today. It's still really hard getting my Protein requirements and enough fluids each day. So I'm sure I'm tired from not eating enough!! How is everyone else going?

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Maybe that's my issue... not enough protein! I'm so exhausted most days and I'm 3 weeks tomorrow and geez I'm struggling! Any suggestions friends.. Water and Protein are extremely hard to get in. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

This is my problem as well. I’m 3 weeks post op. I have tried the Premier Protein Clear Water that has 20 grams of Protein but it’s a little to sweet to drink too often. I’m having trouble with chicken, tuna well pretty much anything solid. Really frustrating as the first couple weeks were so easy😞

What I did was 6oz Premier Protein clear in the fruit punch flavor, 6 oz Minute Maid 15 fruit punch, then filled up my 16 oz cup with cold bottled Water. Thinned things to a tolerable level for me.🍶😛

4 weeks post RNY. I’m struggling with Protein because I don’t eat more than barely twice a day. Also I just started to not have food aversions with everything so I’m waiting to try premier shakes again.

I start the day with a big cup of filtered Water with a tiny bit of juice (apple juice helps with regularity) and just try to drink throughout the day. I’m always thirsty and rarely hungry. I’m pretty close to my 64oz daily goal because I drink at least 44oz in my speedway cup lol.

I hit that 3 weeks stall and I’m bloating (Aunt Flo is sure to come) so I’m avoiding the scale until I have an appointment next week and the week after.

Today is my 4 week post op Sleeve. I had the stall for 3 weeks. 😲 Totally frustrating and I stopped the scale weighting daily too. But finally this are moving again. A big learning curve

Well Dang RnYBeyhive, I distinctly ordered you a smooth post surgery sail⛵and it does not seem as though it is that way. I am 2 weeks ahead of you and not in a better state. I have a stricture and 5 new ulcers in my pouch and on the back wall of the jejunem. Dr Noria went down on October 12th, attemted to dialate, found the ulcers, could only so far, didn't want provoke bleeding, now on Carafate every 6 hours, 6am-Noon- 6pm- Midnight, doubled my omeprazole to 2x daily, kept me on my resistricted Stage 2A diet, said if I kept up my meds, Vitamins , minerals, fluids and 3z daily Zofran I can do this without harm in the long run.Oh yeah keep my Protein to 60 or above.And the 26th I go for another EGJ, hopeful this time I will safely dialate, if not the second week of November? I tried a little Protein Shake with my morning meds, not sitting well. And to top it off, either from so much vomiting because only liquids go through at this point or the endoscopy tube, I have laryngitis. Instead of croaking like a frog🐸, I sound like his cousin, the Toad. I have people I should be talking to ,trying to resolve my housing situation and my son has to do my phoning. If I do regain my voice temporarily it fades in and out. Ah Life!

I'm getting my sleeve October 26th and u guys are making me more nervous about my recovery I took a month off I hope that's enough time because the things I'm hearing is making me wonder.😕

57 minutes ago, Yvonne47 said:

I'm getting my sleeve October 26th and u guys are making me more nervous about my recovery I took a month off I hope that's enough time because the things I'm hearing is making me wonder.😕

Only think of these topics as guides. So if they are happing to you then you know it is normal and you are not alone.

I used to have that cartoon on my fridge. Surgeon standing therein things flying up from his patient. Caption: Dang , she was right! She was full of butterflies!
Hope yours all fly away before they have to spray Raid or something!
Best Wishes for a Wonderful surgery and Future Life!😛👍

I’M GOING TO THROW THE scale AWAY!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬 My scale says that I gained and it better be because my period is coming because there’s no freaking way! I’m eating more but that’s still only a lil bit of food. I can’t even hit my intake goal. Omg I hate the scale so much and I’m tempted to limit my weigh-ins to my follow up appointments. So I see the surgeon on the 30th, again in December, then a different doctor in January. So I’ll try to stay off the scale 😒

Stall, Stall, Stall.......I'm frustrated. I am 5 weeks out revision from sleeve to bypass. I also had a set back of a small bowl obstruction which landed my back in the hospital week 2. I guess i am in the dreaded 3 week stall. I haven't lost anything since the 3rd week. I lost 14.8 prior to surgery and 16. 8 lbs since surgery on 9/10, but nothing since the 3rd week. I have actually gain and lost the same 1-2 lbs for the last 2 weeks. I know it happens, and by body and adjusting and all that, but it is still just discouraging. I am getting my Protein in and i have been doing better with liquids although i still need to improve more on that. It is just that, we are eating so little compared to preop, and i can't help but thinking, I should be losing something every week. My mind says how in the world can i not be lose anything for 2 weeks on what i am eating?? I am a revision from sleeve to bypass so i know i may also lose slower than other new bypass patients. I just can help but worry will the stall break? Will i not lose anything else? Will this not work for me because I had previous WLS? I'm sure i am am overreacting today (I hope!) but today I just seem more frustrated than other days, and I needed to vent to those i know will understand my frustration. I had prepared myself for stall, or so I though, I just i just really didn't prepare myself, that this soon out i would be going into a 3rd week of a stall. :( End of venting session. Thanks for listening.

1 hour ago, shoregirl75 said:

Stall, Stall, Stall.......I'm frustrated. I am 5 weeks out revision from sleeve to bypass. I also had a set back of a small bowl obstruction which landed my back in the hospital week 2. I guess i am in the dreaded 3 week stall. I haven't lost anything since the 3rd week. I lost 14.8 prior to surgery and 16. 8 lbs since surgery on 9/10, but nothing since the 3rd week. I have actually gain and lost the same 1-2 lbs for the last 2 weeks. I know it happens, and by body and adjusting and all that, but it is still just discouraging. I am getting my Protein in and i have been doing better with liquids although i still need to improve more on that. It is just that, we are eating so little compared to preop, and i can't help but thinking, I should be losing something every week. My mind says how in the world can i not be lose anything for 2 weeks on what i am eating?? I am a revision from sleeve to bypass so i know i may also lose slower than other new bypass patients. I just can help but worry will the stall break? Will i not lose anything else? Will this not work for me because I had previous WLS? I'm sure i am am overreacting today (I hope!) but today I just seem more frustrated than other days, and I needed to vent to those i know will understand my frustration. I had prepared myself for stall, or so I though, I just i just really didn't prepare myself, that this soon out i would be going into a 3rd week of a stall. :( End of venting session. Thanks for listening.

Oh my gosh, that’s for posting this. I had gastric bypass on 9/24 and am going through this exact same thing. I lost 14 lbs the week after surgery and nothing since. Keep going back and forth between two pounds. I was just thinking this morning what if this is it. All of the surgery for a lousy 14 pounds. I, like you hope this turns around soon. So frustrating

On 10/17/2018 at 11:19, Yvonne47 said:

I had my sleeve October 10th. Other than really bad nausea, vomiting and heartburn for 2-3 days, I have had no problems. It’s a bit tough to get 64oz if Water in, but I do my best to stay well hydrated. I could easily go back to work now (I work in an office) but I also have a month off so I’m taking advantage of that. Good luck!!!