Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

And Good Luck to you and all my future sisters of the over 50 clan. Plenty of room for you here!

Hello fellow September surgery gang. My name's Beth, and mygastric bypass is scheduled for September 24th. Definately getting a little nervous! I'm a week into the "blended" diet. Started off at 338 pounds, down 60 as of today.

These boards have been an amazing place for information. I'm a little shy about posting, but I'm so glad to see the great community here!

My surgery is tomorrow. I tried to take my regular medication crushed with water...these past 2 days...yuk!!!
Had acupuncture yesterday to help with the surgery and healing afterward. Bought some loose fitting clothing f or the hospital. Now waiting to get the phone call from the hospital to tell me what time i need to be there in the morning. The accupuncture definitely had helped with the pre op nerves.

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is tomorrow. I tried to take my regular medication crushed with water...these past 2 days...yuk!!!
Had acupuncture yesterday to help with the surgery and healing afterward. Bought some loose fitting clothing f or the hospital. Now waiting to get the phone call from the hospital to tell me what time i need to be there in the morning. The accupuncture definitely had helped with the pre op nerves.

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

That's a good idea never thought about acupuncture for your nerves

Sent from my LG-TP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

Any of you on the pureed diet? I am hoping to get the approval to move forward today. How much did you start off eating at first? What did you eat? I am thinking of trying egg salad ? 1 oz 2 ounce? How did it go? How did the restriction feel?

Sent from my VS996 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 8/17/2018 at 7:28 PM, Lora67 said:

Just got my date today. Was hoping for end of September but ended up with October 2nd. Close enough for me. Excited and nervous at the same time.

How long did you wait? Where are you from?

Surgery was Monday. It went well,no surprises or complications, and my liver was fine. I stayed two nights at the hospital because my first day post op (yesterday) was painful and full of nausea. I couldn’t even touch my full liquid lunch or dinner yesterday. I feel better today (especially since I’m home).

My complaint is that my belly feels gassy but I barely pass gas. Very uncomfortable. They gave me an abdominal binder this morning for support and it did help me walk around the floor better.

I ate a sf pudding cup earlier instead of measuring out one ounce portions and OMG I was so full 😭. Lesson learned: SLOW DOWN AND MEASURE.

congratulations from me, I just knewyou would be a real success. Thank you for letting me share in your story.😝👣

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? It has been 15 days since surgery and I have lost 15 lbs (24 lbs total) and 13 inches overall. I saw the doctor and nutritionist yesterday and everything is on track. I had a small blip with a scrambled egg getting stuck last Friday but after calling the doctor, I waited it out and went back to eating pureed foods. I am now on soft foods for the next 2-4 weeks depending on my tolerance. It really boggled my mind when my nutritionist said I could have toasted bread or crackers (saltine or Ritz). After years of different diets, I have to concentrate on the new rules. I don't plan on eating these because I know before surgery I would sit and eat a whole sleeve of Ritz at a time. Thank goodness that my tool will no longer allow me to do that.

I have been very fortunate that I haven't had any of the nausea or dizziness. I have had low energy but I make a point to walk a mile every day (weather permitting). I am suppose to increase that mileage as time goes by to 3 miles. I also am having regular bowel movements which is a relief! LOL

I am heading back to work on Monday to a desk job with a restriction to not lift more than 10 lbs for the next 4 weeks providing that Medical at work clears me.

The only thing is that I am still having pains in my left lower abdomen. My doctor said this is very normal since that is where he did the most work and to expect it to continue for the next 4 weeks. I am no longer taking any pain reliever because if I do, I will over do it. Doctor told me no vacuuming, mopping, reaching, bending for the next 4 weeks because I am still healing from Major Abdominal Surgery!!! LOL I have found that if I wear my binder at night, I can sleep better since I tend to roll over to sleep on my side. I do not wear it during the day because it can still be uncomfortable to sit in certain chairs and the binder adds extra pressure.

Overall, I have to say that I am extremely happy that I had gastric bypass. I am no longer aching in my left hip and other joints. This tells me how much food plays a part on inflammation on my body. Now to remember this so I don't go back to eating and drinking things that I shouldn't. I know they say that eventually everything in moderation is okay but I don't want to feel horrible again.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

SEPTEMBER 10TH! I having a revision to bypass from the sleeve. I start my 2 week liquid diet 8/27. Good Luck and smooth surgeries to everyone!
SEPTEMBER 26th for me@shoregirl75! Revision sleeve to bypass and I am scared out of my wits but every now and again excitement peeks through! congrats pray all went well

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 21/09/2018 at 9:58 AM, Kbridge said:

SEPTEMBER 26th for me@shoregirl75! Revision sleeve to bypass and I am scared out of my wits but every now and again excitement peeks through! congrats pray all went well

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luckfor tomorrow. I'm booked for tomorrow as well. I'm nervous but I have a great surgeon and my partner is very supportive.