Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

So I'm 3 days post op. Came home yesterday. The first day was pretty rough but improving each day. I was on Clear Liquids first 2 days and started full liquids today for a week. So far I don't really feel any restriction. I can get me fluids in without any trouble which makes me nervous but I'm sure I will notice more once Instagram purred and soft food.< br>
Sent from my VS996 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on being home. I had surgery on Monday Evening, they didn’t get me to OR u til after 9pm😳 then less than 24 hours later I was back in the OR bcuz 1 of my incisions dumped 2 liters of blood into my abdomen and they had to clean that out and so of course that was a set back and I’m still pretty rough. I’m in PV Mexico and have to fly home on Saturday which I’m not looking forward to.I don’t really feel restriction yet either but I know when I swallowed the dye for the fluoroscopy I had to drink like 2-3 full
Ounces at once and it felt tight. After that I Went back to my room and try to sip some warm tea and then I gagged and had some dry heaves and I think that’s what caused my bleeding. I am hoping to be able to get out of the hospital and go to the hotel today but I’m not sure. I have a drain in from the second surgery and it still putting out blood. Good luck and keep in touch let me know how it goes

Congrats on being home. I had surgery on Monday Evening, they didn’t get me to OR u til after 9pm[emoji15] then less than 24 hours later I was back in the OR bcuz 1 of my incisions dumped 2 liters of blood into my abdomen and they had to clean that out and so of course that was a set back and I’m still pretty rough. I’m in PV Mexico and have to fly home on Saturday which I’m not looking forward to.I don’t really feel restriction yet either but I know when I swallowed the dye for the fluoroscopy I had to drink like 2-3 full
Ounces at once and it felt tight. After that I Went back to my room and try to sip some warm tea and then I gagged and had some dry heaves and I think that’s what caused my bleeding. I am hoping to be able to get out of the hospital and go to the hotel today but I’m not sure. I have a drain in from the second surgery and it still putting out blood. Good luck and keep in touch let me know how it goes
Tx! Wow how scary! I hope you get discharged soon and have a safe trip home. I had my drain removed before I left the hospital. Good luck to you also keep in touch!

On 9/12/2018 at 3:53 AM, MissPoodle said:

One week down on pre op diet...one week to go till surgery. Getting hungry though!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

Does the hunger from the pre-op diet ever get better? I’m one day in and I want to eat my arm and take all the naps.

I guess I spoke too soon about being able to get my fluids in. Today started out good I was able to drink my Protein Shake but since then I struggle to get my fluids and because of nausea and I'm having a lot more belly pain than normal. Trying to walk around but pretty miserable.

Does the hunger from the pre-op diet ever get better? I’m one day in and I want to eat my arm and take all the naps.
I'm finding it really varies. I've found i need to just keep distracting myself...drink lots...

First post here. I'm booked on 26 September at Hollywood Hospital in Perth Western Australia with Dr Kevin Dolan. I had a Lap-Band in 2009 by him and lost 40 kg (88 lbs) but after a couple of very bad years gained 35 back. :( I'm excited but nervous at the same time. Pre-op diet started yesterday.

Hi @MMME your surgery day will be my 3 week post, it has been bumpy at times but I would never go back. Sitting and eating my baby bowl of cottage cheese, when I was a baby Frust8 I wondered what those curds and whey Little Miss Murder,was eating was? Ta Da, cottage cheese, so I am channeling my,inner NurseryBook Character today. Ah but it is Protein and I have grown fond,of it. Never full strength, 1% does me just fine. But welcome and sunny days from ME in Central Ohio. Any worries, any fears , any sorrows, share them with US we,like to help,if we,may. 😛

Muffet not Murder, that,would be,a whole different Nursery Book.

I'm really struggling. I'm five days post op. I have lost 7 lbs since surgery 18lbs since i started the 2 week diet but I feel awful. I am struggling to drink anything. The Protein Shakes cause my stomach to cramp severely. Anything cold like sugar free pop cycles cause my stomach to cramp severely even just took temperature drink cause some pain. I am very dehydrated. Luckily my niece came by and started an In IV for me at home to keep me out if the ER but I am just getting some down that I am not progressing. Has anyone else had such an issue with stomach cramps spams? I talked to the doctor's office and they said that after bypass surgery anything you introduce is introducing something new so not to worry about getting my Protein shakes and right now just worry about getting my fluids in to stay hydrated.

So far I have stuck with warm Bone Broth mixed with bullion for better flavor, and the clear liquid fruit flavored powders that I think have less milk. I hate to hear that you are feeling so bad:( I got the sleeve so I’m not sure any of what i said is helpful but I hope this passes soon for you. I had my surgery in Mexico and they gave me medicine that combines something for spasms. If you haven’t been able to speak to your doctor directly I would make a very strong request to however is answering the phone. I hate when the person answering the phone thinks they are a doctor and then they don’t even tell the doctor you called. Be a strong advocate for yourself, if you don’t nobody else likely will. There are electrolyte drinks you can buy at the store(not Gatorade). Even if u have to go back to the ER, don’t let yourself get dehydrated. Bless your family nurse for that IV. I think u just heard some of my “nurse” come out. Well wishes!

I'm really struggling. I'm five days post op. I have lost 7 lbs since surgery 18lbs since i started the 2 week diet but I feel awful. I am struggling to drink anything. The Protein Shakes cause my stomach to cramp severely. Anything cold like sugar free pop cycles cause my stomach to cramp severely even just took temperature drink cause some pain. I am very dehydrated. Luckily my niece came by and started an In IV for me at home to keep me out if the ER but I am just getting some down that I am not progressing. Has anyone else had such an issue with stomach cramps spams? I talked to the doctor's office and they said that after bypass surgery anything you introduce is introducing something new so not to worry about getting my Protein shakes and right now just worry about getting my fluids in to stay hydrated.

I agree...speak directly to the doctor or see your own doctor. You should be able to drink fluids now with no pain

On 08/11/2018 at 18:20, MissPoodle said:

Having my surgery on 19th sept. Pre op diet starts 5th sept.

My surgery is also scheduled for the 19th!! Super excited for positive change.

It took me a long time to get here and not just on this web site. My sister had the Ru N Y when it first came out and had so many problems that they had to redo it 3 times, and both of my parents died when they were only 55 years old. I am 54 now and I want to live to be older then they were.

I am scheduled for surgery on the 26th and I have lost 10 pounds on the liquid diet so far. What fun is it :) My husband worries about eating in front of me every time he eats. I keep telling him not to worry, I am not hungry. My biggest worry right now is the arthritis in my left knee which makes it so much fun to jump up and down every time I have to go to the bathroom so I have set a timer. I go to the bathroom every 90 minutes whether I need to or not. I had to start my FMLA early because I work in a Call Center and I do not have the luxury of being able to go to the bathroom whenever I need.

My job has been really supportive and so has my family.

6 hours ago, iattcom said:

It took me a long time to get here and not just on this web site. My sister had the Ru N Y when it first came out and had so many problems that they had to redo it 3 times, and both of my parents died when they were only 55 years old. I am 54 now and I want to live to be older then they were.

I am scheduled for surgery on the 26th and I have lost 10 pounds on the liquid diet so far. What fun is it :) My husband worries about eating in front of me every time he eats. I keep telling him not to worry, I am not hungry. My biggest worry right now is the arthritis in my left knee which makes it so much fun to jump up and down every time I have to go to the bathroom so I have set a timer. I go to the bathroom every 90 minutes whether I need to or not. I had to start my FMLA early because I work in a Call Center and I do not have the luxury of being able to go to the bathroom whenever I need.

My job has been really supportive and so has my family.

I'm 55 and my arthritis is a killer as well. I work as a typist in a hospital, so I sit for most of my day. I have a timer on my computer that tells me every 90 minutes to get up and stretch my legs. Otherwise the pain is just so awful!

I'm getting my surgery same day as you. :) Good luck with it.