Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

Thanks you guys, I will be starting my two-week pre-op diet on Monday and I have stocked up and am ready to go. I initially thought that it would be impossible to subsist on only liquids especially for the first couple days but I had to fast for a physical I had a couple days ago and it wasnt that bad especially when I kept myself busy. Now I don't know how day 2-14 will go but I think I will make it lol.

I’m September 24th.

Thanks you guys, I will be starting my two-week pre-op diet on Monday and I have stocked up and am ready to go. I initially thought that it would be impossible to subsist on only liquids especially for the first couple days but I had to fast for a physical I had a couple days ago and it wasnt that bad especially when I kept myself busy. Now I don't know how day 2-14 will go but I think I will make it lol.
It's monday morning here in Australia so I'm asuming it's Sunday for you. All the best for your pre op diet...is it only liquids? Mine is 3 Protein Shakes a day with 2 cups non starchy veggies...then nothing the night before/ morning of surgery. I'm interested in what others do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

MMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
I have been following these monthly bypass buddies convos for the past year and finally, it is my time to contribute!
My surgery will be Sept. 3rd at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana with Dr. Corvala. I am both excited and scared but I am so ready for this!
What is your pre op diet? Are you on it now?

SEPTEMBER 10TH! I having a revision to bypass from the sleeve. I start my 2 week liquid diet 8/27. Good Luck and smooth surgeries to everyone!

Hi @MissPoodle my pre-op diet is as many Proteins shakes as I want and one meal a day that is high in Protein and non-starchy vegetables. So it is pretty stringent but not as bad as some of the others I have seen around here. It's almsot the end of day one of the diet for me and things were easy until my blood sugar got really low about 2 hours ago. I had to have some glucose tablets to get my blood sugar back up because I am a type 1 diabetic. So I am hoping to start tomorrow on a better footing so I dont break the diet with low blood sugars.

Hi [mention=345828]MissPoodle[/mention] my pre-op diet is as many Proteins shakes as I want and one meal a day that is high in Protein and non-starchy vegetables. So it is pretty stringent but not as bad as some of the others I have seen around here. It's almsot the end of day one of the diet for me and things were easy until my blood sugar got really low about 2 hours ago. I had to have some glucose tablets to get my blood sugar back up because I am a type 1 diabetic. So I am hoping to start tomorrow on a better footing so I dont break the diet with low blood sugars.
How's it going? You're amazing[emoji4] as i can imagine with type 1 diabetes it makes everything a lot more complicated

How's everyone doing? I just came back from a romantic 2 night hotel stay where we conducted food funerals at all of our favorite restaurants. I realize I will be able to find appropriate things after surgery but it was good to get it out if my system. I have notice that now I am listening to my therapist that I am starting to view food differently. Food does not equal love nor can someone guilt me into eating something I don't want.
While I only have a one day pre-op diet of Clear Liquids, I will be using this time to stop drinking all caffeine and Pop. I am already off of Aleeve and taking Tylenol for the osteoarthritis.
I am also trying to be prepared for after surgery with liquids.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, MissPoodle said:

How's it going? You're amazing as i can imagine with type 1 diabetes it makes everything a lot more complicated

Yeah it makes things difficult, today was a better day. I stuck with the diet despite two low blood sugar events, but I have an insulin pump so I turned it off as a means to avoid eating anything. That trick works as long as my sugar isnt too low .

I am going to get a continuous glucose monitor soon which will measure my sugar all day long and will notify me when I go low which will help immensely.

How's everyone doing? I just came back from a romantic 2 night hotel stay where we conducted food funerals at all of our favorite restaurants. I realize I will be able to find appropriate things after surgery but it was good to get it out if my system. I have notice that now I am listening to my therapist that I am starting to view food differently. Food does not equal love nor can someone guilt me into eating something I don't want.
While I only have a one day pre-op diet of clear liquids, I will be using this time to stop drinking all caffeine and Pop. I am already off of Aleeve and taking Tylenol for the osteoarthritis.
I am also trying to be prepared for after surgery with liquids.

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been having a few food funeraks myself...what a great name for it!

I was originally going for the Sleeve however today my doctor changed me to the Bypass due to on and off acid reflux issues he said it would be better to get the bypass to avoid revision later. My date is September 7th, and I'm super excited to get going with this new life style and new me.

12 days until surgery!! Yes I am counting down and trying to get all the things I need beforehand. Here is what I have so far:

• Gas-X thin strips
  • liquid tylenol
  • Magnesium Citrate
  • Dulcolax (for day before)
  • Biotene Gentle Mist Moisturizing Mouth Spray
  • GENEPRO flavorless Protein Powder
  • Stur drinks natural flavored water enhancers
  • Premier Protein - vanilla, chocolate, orange mango clear (for day before)
  • Organic baby food (meat & vegetable)
  • comfy clothes, shorts for walking the halls
  • Vionic Orthaheel sandals (I have plantar fasciitis)
  • overnight toiletries
  • pillow for car ride home
  • ask about a bariatric surgery girdle
  • tiny spoons to eat with

If you have any other ideas, please let me know

12 days until surgery!! Yes I am counting down and trying to get all the things I need beforehand. Here is what I have so far:
  • Gas-X thin strips
  • liquid tylenol
  • Magnesium Citrate
  • Dulcolax (for day before)
  • Biotene Gentle Mist Moisturizing Mouth Spray
  • GENEPRO flavorless Protein Powder
  • Stur drinks natural flavored water enhancers
  • Premier Protein - vanilla, chocolate, orange mango clear (for day before)
  • Organic baby food (meat & vegetable)
  • comfy clothes, shorts for walking the halls
  • Vionic Orthaheel sandals (I have plantar fasciitis)
  • overnight toiletries
  • pillow for car ride home
  • ask about a bariatric surgery girdle
  • tiny spoons to eat with
If you have any other ideas, please let me know

Why the mouth spray?

Because your mouth is going to be drier,than the Central Australian desert. The few that didn't suffer,with dry mouth, and dry,mouth seems to be universal, said their mouth tasted horrid.