Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low fat salad dressing that tastes GOOD

Ugh. Trying to find a Salad Dressing that actually tastes good. I normally have Thousand Island or Honey Mustard but I haven’t found any low carb, low sugar, low fat dressings. Any recommendations?

It's hard to find, but OPA! Greek Yogurt dressing is amazing. They have a blue cheese, ranch and a feta dill. It is usually in the produce aisle with the refrigerated dressings instead of on the grocery shelves.

7 minutes ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

It's hard to find, but OPA! Greek Yogurt dressing is amazing. They have a blue cheese, ranch and a feta dill. It is usually in the produce aisle with the refrigerated dressings instead of on the grocery shelves.

I actually had their Cesar tonight. It sucked. I couldn’t finish my salad. 😩

i think i may have to learn to love vinaigrettes.

I like Kraft fat free Catalina

It must be really difficult to adjust your salad dressings to savory if you are used to and prefer sweet ones! I'm not sure how interested you are in making your own honey mustard dressing but a low fat one is super easy. I just eyeball it but approximate measurements are:

1/4 c greek yogurt + 2T dijon mustard + 2T honey, add black pepper or cayenne to taste, thin with lemon juice if too thick

this has a decent amount of sugar from the honey so if you want it to be low carb you'll have to swap out that luscious honey for an alternate sweetener or a sugar free honey substitute like Nature's Hollow or Pyure

I'm sure you could find a thousand island dressing recipe if you have time to get experimental in the kitchen. It's not something I've tried before.

I know someone who uses Italian in a do-it-yourself packet with rice vinegar. I'm not sure how friendly vinegar of any kind is to a recent post-op.

Most of your stats are missing, so I don't know when you had your surgery.

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

It's a dip, but I'm sure you could use it as a dressing too, Opadippity Chipotle Ranch. I am also obsessed with Ken's Steakhouse Light Caesar.

I have found if I try to go too "light", like the Skinny Girl dressings or Walden Farms, the fake taste is such a turn off I end up not wanting to have it again, and end up throwing the bottle away.

I add dressing mixes into Greek yogurt (fage 0%). Hidden valley ranch powder... or you could add in mustard and Splenda.