Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I ate too much

Let me preface this by saying I'm 9 months post op and I know when to stop eating. I don't have a "tell" so I just had to learn by measurements.

I started experimenting with intermittent fasting about a week ago, from 8 or 9pm to morning just Water if needed. Morning to 1pm tea, or coffee with a little Protein Shake in it. Then food and fluids in between. Then back to the fasting.

Apparently this has restarted my weight loss (stalled for 1month) and I just found out it reset my full point and which foods "slide".

1 cup of Greek yogurt (22 g protein) was a prior slider and now I'm in pain 3/4 the way through. I can't believe it. Yogurt prompts restriction again... FML. I need to lay down. On the floor.

It is horrible!! I found that I had to eat PAPAYA ENZYMES. And lie on my left side. It helps so much. It happens but you will find your way for sure. The PAPAYA ENZYMES are from Walmart and cost less than $5.00. Saving my bacon many times.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Let me preface this by saying I'm 9 months post op and I know when to stop eating. I don't have a "tell" so I just had to learn by measurements.

I started experimenting with intermittent fasting about a week ago, from 8 or 9pm to morning just Water if needed. Morning to 1pm tea, or coffee with a little Protein Shake in it. Then food and fluids in between. Then back to the fasting.

Apparently this has restarted my weight loss (stalled for 1month) and I just found out it reset my full point and which foods "slide".

1 cup of Greek yogurt (22 g protein) was a prior slider and now I'm in pain 3/4 the way through. I can't believe it. Yogurt prompts restriction again... FML. I need to lay down. On the floor.

@GreenTealael That's great! and it shows your determination. Another good tip...

This m sound odd....but I am only a few dayas out from surgery and havne’t felt whatever it is to feel like I ate (well drank at this point) too much. How will I know? I just don’t want to cause leaks becuase I ate too much and didn’t see the signs.

46 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I kinda love my restriction :blush:

I NEVER had restriction with yogurt though... I just stopped at the measured amount. Now I need to backtrack

1 hour ago, wanda247 said:

@GreenTealael That's great! and it shows your determination. Another good tip...

Determined to make it to goal... I had a bunch of vacations and shenanigans that I need to make up for lol

1 hour ago, Rachel2018 said:

This m sound odd....but I am only a few dayas out from surgery and havne’t felt whatever it is to feel like I ate (well drank at this point) too much. How will I know? I just don’t want to cause leaks becuase I ate too much and didn’t see the signs.

I've been able to drink fluids with no problem since about post op day 5. I was told the pyloric muscle opens to let fluids through. Fluids alone do not stretch your stomach. (aside from drinking while eating). At the point you are post op, I wouldn't worry about restriction yet. Focus on staying as hydrated as you can and stick to liquids no matter what the temptation. Once you are on purees, stick to a half a cup or less per serving. I know its hard but eat slow. The chances of a leak are rare and from what I've read, if you have a leak you will know it without a doubt. Apparently, it's flu-like symptoms and horrible abdominal pain. Stick to your plan and you wont have anything to worry about. Prayers for quick healing!

Thank you Tracy! That does make me feel better. ;-)