Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried Orange theory?

On 02/20/2019 at 21:31, dndshepherd said:

Good advice. You're probably right. I'm probably just overthinking it. I think I'll just join. I'm starting to look like a burning candle lol Thanks Jon. What's your stats?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I know they offer a free trial class and some studios are nice enough to let you try a week free. See if you like it first. I can be honest with you and say whatever you decide, make sure you truly enjoy it first before comitting, because reality is all workouts work.

For example, i tried solider fit, and i hated every minute of it. Not the actual workout, but i hated being yelled at or punished for going at my own pace. The one nice thing about orange theory is that it is month to month, if you don’t like it.

So, its just a.light version of CrossFit then?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

I say, find a cheap gym. Or find a safe running route. For about the same price, or less, you can hook up with a trainer on your own schedule and make follow-up appointments when needed.

On 02/26/2019 at 08:55, wjgo said:

So, its just a.light version of CrossFit then?

Nooooo. It’s hard to explain. But’s definitely not cross fit. Cross fit would be like body building, strictly weights and hard core weights that focuses on form.

Orange theory doesn’t do that. It’s a mix of cardio and some weights. It’s broken down into 3 blocks and they have heart rate monitors and coaches to guide you through each workout. It is technically considered a HIIT workout due to the amounts of cardio.

On 02/26/2019 at 08:56, wjgo said:

I say, find a cheap gym. Or find a safe running route. For about the same price, or less, you can hook up with a trainer on your own schedule and make follow-up appointments when needed.

Thanks!

I’ve already done all of that. I had surgery a few years ago and i posted this back in 2018. I was just asking because they opened one up literally in my building. I just prefer a gym that tends to offer everything because i get bored easily. I figured it would be a nice addition to mix things up.

What you describe is what I see in a couple CrossFits. The one I observe weekly, because I do an activity that rents a space inside a CrossFit, they don't use weights at all, just member after the class dismisses.

Before I tore my shoulder I did an orange theory type workout called training mate. No treadmills cause I don’t run. I did 10 classes a week and looked incredible. Paid $225 a month and it was worth every penny. I won’t do OTF cause of the treadmills but they do offer less cardio slots. I have popcorn lung so I can’t run but my friends who run love it.

i did the free week trial but it was not for me. too pricey for what it is I think.