Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah I have major excess skin between my thighs and arms this is where most of my weight was. I am planning on doing surgery soon to remove it

Try eating clean for a week.

No/low sugar, no wheat/oat based carbs.

Protein, veggies, maybe a little dairy as in cheese. VERY little. Get at least 90 grams of protein, under 50 carbs, and under 25 of sugar. If you are exercising like you say you are, bump your calories up to 1200.

You say you are tracking but if you knew what to look for, you would see you are eating far too much sugar with the oatmeal and far too many carbs with that melba toast. I'm sure there is more, but that is just one example of things that aren't helping.

I too am 4 years post op, and unfortunately our metabolisms change as time goes by. Gone are the days of easy weight loss with just cutting calories. Weight loss becomes much more complicated, and macros become even more important. Half assing or guessing what macros your ingesting every day won't work. You have to measure where you are to get where you want to be.

Follow my advice for a week. I guarantee you'll lose weight.

Edited by Greensleevie

On 8/9/2018 at 6:07 AM, BriWLS said:

Yeah my mother grandmother and some female cousins have hypothyroidism.

What I eat in a day oat meal (brown sugar one) coffee medium 2 cream, tuna with melba toast, hummas with Melba toast (the melba toast comes in a pack of 9 toasts so I have 1 pack which is 90 calories. But I eat it with both of these as a snack through out the day. Sometimes I’ll have scrambled eggs on their own and for dinner my parents make curries but I eat the meat with sauce not the rice and I avoid the potatoes

While I don't think carbs are necessarily bad, what you're eating is not working for you. If you want to lose, you're going to need to make some changes.

The most obvious thing to change is how many carbs you're eating. Everything you mentioned except tuna and eggs has a significant amount of carbs. I'd switch to focusing on Protein first and non starchy veggies. See if that gets the scale moving.

Matthew Weiner has a good vid on you tube - which someone on here shared - forget who sorry- which explains set points post surgery and how to get past them. Definitely worth a look.

http://drmatthewweiner.com/pound-of-cure/

34 minutes ago, BriWLS said:

The so much for the information guys !!!!

Any changes? Up or down? Eating anything different this week? I'm interested in your progress...

Weight loss is a different animal as the years pass. Actually experiencing weight gain, weight holding on, and slow weight loss may be hard for newer people to understand. It's a great that you are posting this topic.

Yes, get with your team to get the professional advice and confirm or rule out medical issues. The bariatric plan that once worked may not work for you now. it will be trial and error to find the calories and macros that get your body in weight loss mode. This will be specific to your body physiology. Weight loss at years out is not a one size fits all. It is fine tuning your diet to find where your body loses weight.

To find the calories and macros that work:

Use your food log. If your body is carb sensitive lower your carbs. If your not losing at a certain calorie levels. Raise/lower the calories. Spread out meals a day. Start with three adjust it to four, five six.

How you fuel your body is key. Whole foods, Keto, intermittent fasting, vegetarian diets. It still gets down to your calories and macros on any diet plan.

Look at these videos it could help you understand what’s going on.
Watch both and restart. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/kpkdsj1iDI4

https://youtu.be/aZrA4fgn_eg

I have Hashimoto’s that is well controlled. My endocrinologist says that too many people blame hypothyroidism for causing weight gain or hindering weight loss. He says the #1 factor with his healthiest/normal BMI patients are that they all walk everyday, more than the average adult. Not crazy miles but consistently everyday.

You do not need to go back to a liquid diet to jump start your weight loss. That is crash diet mentality. The post-op diet was necessary to heal your stomach and prevent staple leaks. Now you need to eat fewer calories and focus on dense Protein to fill yourself up.