Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m officially a sleever

Nighttime med time. Found myself thirsty today. Had a problem drinking the Water a little too fast. My stomach likes to give a sharp pain to this.

Still gassy even with walking. Still in muscle pain and coughing pain. But the incisions feel okay when left alone.

On 08/08/2018 at 22:43, hayr995 said:

I'm tomorrow morning. Nervous but reading this post has made me feel better!

You got this... I went in thinking the worst. After surgery, I actually asked the nurse if I was supposed to feel this good. Just remember hope happiness overcome pain everytime. I am so happy I went through with this! You may experience something different but the happiness is all the same. Good luck!

On 08/08/2018 at 23:11, Starr2015 said:

Nighttime med time. Found myself thirsty today. Had a problem drinking the Water a little too fast. My stomach likes to give a sharp pain to this.

Still gassy even with walking. Still in muscle pain and coughing pain. But the incisions feel okay when left alone.

I'm really not hungry or thirsty just yet. Pain is at a bare minimum. Been walking since yesterday. I will try to walk 3 times today. I'm also aiming to get in 3oz of Fluid each time instead of 2oz. Still no real bm but passing gas fine. Starting to cough and blow my nose.

@hayr995 Good luck with your surgery today. I am sure everything will got go great. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

On 08/09/2018 at 14:47, LetaMae said:

I'm 2 days post op as well and I feel horrible.
I hope you get better!

So I have been able to get liquids down ( hot better than cold) no longer measuring just taking sips/ gulps as tolerated. I have been cleaning all day taking little breaks here and there. I feel wonderful!

image-0.00596046447753906.jpg

Congratulations to everyone that has moved to the losers bench. Those of you that are feeling good that is terrific. I am super🤗Happy for You. To those not feeling so good just take it one day at a time you will get there. Everyone’s healing process is different. You guys are troopers.💪🏽 It will get better this I know. Hopefully sooner rather then later. Just keep in my the end results.

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone!!! I am 2 weeks post op today. I have had good days and bad days. Yesterday was awesome today I threw up and have been nauseous. Listen to your bodies it’s a marathon not a sprint!! Good luck on your journeys and welcome to post op!

Today I was about to get two shakes in by 7 pm meeting my Protein goal of 60. I also pooped on my own which was oddly satisfying. I've been able to adjust accordingly.

I am so unhappy right now. Yesterday, as we did not have Campbell's Tomato Soup, I was having progresso tomato-basil Soup. it was fine and tasted great with some flash pain while hitting stomach but last night had a lot of stomach pain which continued through today. Made no sense, came in waves, no food in stomach (6 hours later) when this started. Also, the additional pain was no where near incisions but in mid stomach area. Today, I feel blah and run down.

Throughout all this all I want is pureed food. Or different Soups. and it DOES NOT HELP when your mother, the person you are with, constantly is making 1 or 2 meals daily (pot pie or ravioli) which she knows you love and you can SMELL. Even after you ask her REPEATEDLY to stop, eat cold food, go out, do ANYTHING ELSE.

I regret it all. I don't want this anymore. Between the pain, and my brain, and the fact I can't even eat pureed foods for another week, and I am so tired, and feel trapped, and feel like no one in my life cares, I don't want this anymore.

I’m sorry ! It gets better ! I promise! I’m only 2 weeks but feel so much better by leaps and bounds than a week ago! 6 months from
Now this will be a blink! You’ve got this!

On 08/10/2018 at 18:09, Starr2015 said:

I am so unhappy right now. Yesterday, as we did not have Campbell's Tomato Soup, I was having progresso tomato-basil Soup. it was fine and tasted great with some flash pain while hitting stomach but last night had a lot of stomach pain which continued through today. Made no sense, came in waves, no food in stomach (6 hours later) when this started. Also, the additional pain was no where near incisions but in mid stomach area. Today, I feel blah and run down.

Throughout all this all I want is pureed food. Or different Soups. and it DOES NOT HELP when your mother, the person you are with, constantly is making 1 or 2 meals daily (pot pie or ravioli) which she knows you love and you can SMELL. Even after you ask her REPEATEDLY to stop, eat cold food, go out, do ANYTHING ELSE.

I regret it all. I don't want this anymore. Between the pain, and my brain, and the fact I can't even eat pureed foods for another week, and I am so tired, and feel trapped, and feel like no one in my life cares, I don't want this anymore.

Don't give up it will get better! Think about this we all are facing this same challenge, that is hard on us but together we are strong! We can support you only if you don't give up! You got this stay strong!

Thanks guys, I just wish now that I had someone I could vent to. And when it comes down to it, I am hurt by my Mom who said she was doing the diet with me (she is diabetic so not recommended but she wanted to).

I know this is mental more than physical the cravings. I know this is my life now. But as I sit here and drink Big Win chicken broth, all I want is pureed next steps because just liquid is not me.