Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four weeks post op after sleeve- what are you eating?

I had my surgery on the 9th and I am eating soft foods. I am eating pretty much any meat and just making sure it is juicy. I have been eating vegetables some too, but that's about it. All of the sugar free stuff makes me feel nauseous now so I'm not having any of that anymore.

1 minute ago, Stacey-July 2018 said:

I had my surgery on the 9th and I am eating soft foods. I am eating pretty much any meat and just making sure it is juicy. I have been eating vegetables some too, but that's about it. All of the sugar free stuff makes me feel nauseous now so I'm not having any of that anymore.

Same with me with the sugar free stuff. Making me queasy. Have you eaten broccoli or were you told to hold off on it? Have you eaten steak?

I have not tried steak yet or broccoli. I just bought some broccoli and thought I would steam it so it was soft and try. I was going to try asparagus and then decided not too, seemed a little too stringy.

3 minutes ago, Stacey-July 2018 said:

I have not tried steak yet or broccoli. I just bought some broccoli and thought I would steam it so it was soft and try. I was going to try asparagus and then decided not too, seemed a little too stringy.

How have your weight loss been since venturing out with foods.....I seem to have stalled the last two weeks.

I am sooo glad to hear you say that because so have I! I felt like it was going so well for the first couple of weeks and now I am getting very discouraged. I am sitting at about 20 pounds since my surgery. Was your stall when you started eating foods?

5 minutes ago, Stacey-July 2018 said:

I am sooo glad to hear you say that because so have I! I felt like it was going so well for the first couple of weeks and now I am getting very discouraged. I am sitting at about 20 pounds since my surgery. Was your stall when you started eating foods?

Yes. The stall started then. I’m getting discouraged.

2 hours ago, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Yes. The stall started then. I’m getting discouraged.

Hi ladies, please don't get discouraged, read some of the post and reach out to some of the long timers on the site...I have met some really nice people on the site and learned so much, although my surgery is scheduled for August 29th 2018 I plan on asking for all the help and tips from the wonderful people that i have met here, I even in box them because I don't always feel comfortable posting stuff and they have been nothing but helpful and encouraging. You ladies got this!! I will be looking for advice from you two after my surgery ;)

You will do fine and whatever I can do I am here for you. I wish you all the very best!!

1 minute ago, wanda247 said:

Hi ladies, please don't get discouraged, read some of the post and reach out to some of the long timers on the site...I have met some really nice people on the site and learned so much, although my surgery is scheduled for August 29th 2018 I plan on asking for all the help and tips from the wonderful people that i have met here, I even in box them because I don't always feel comfortable posting stuff and they have been nothing but helpful and encouraging. You ladies got this!! I will be looking for advice from you two after my surgery ;)

You will do fine and whatever I can do I am here for you. I wish you all the very best!!

Thank you wanda!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm in the same boat as you two. I'll be 4 weeks on Thursday and have hit a stall for the last few days. I was down 1lb this morning but doesn't compare to the first 2 weeks. It also happened when I started food. I can't wait for the loss to kick in again. I feel like I'm actually eating less but because of the higher calories of the food my caloric intake is higher. As far as meats I've only eaten chicken, will try steak soon. Only vegie I've tried is avacodo. I'm discouraged to eat vegies right now because i'm so full from the small amounts of food i've been eating.

1 minute ago, J San said:

I'm in the same boat as you two. I'll be 4 weeks on Thursday and have hit a stall for the last few days. I was down 1lb this morning but doesn't compare to the first 2 weeks. It also happened when I started food. I can't wait for the loss to kick in again. I feel like I'm actually eating less but because of the higher calories of the food my caloric intake is higher. As far as meats I've only eaten chicken, will try steak soon. Only vegie I've tried is avacodo. I'm discouraged to eat vegies right now because i'm so full from the small amounts of food i've been eating.

We just have to stick with the plan and supposedly the weight loss will start again. I’m hoping. 😢

I just talked to the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office who said she thinks my body is in starvation mode because I'm not eating enough calories. She said I should have around 800/day and I've been around 500. I have been trying to be so good and stick to no carbs, high Protein, and low calorie that I guess I'm not getting enough. I don't know if that's the problem but she suggested I bump up my calories intake and I should start losing again. I thought I would share and hopefully it will work.

8 minutes ago, Stacey-July 2018 said:

I just talked to the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office who said she thinks my body is in starvation mode because I'm not eating enough calories. She said I should have around 800/day and I've been around 500. I have been trying to be so good and stick to no carbs, high Protein, and low calorie that I guess I'm not getting enough. I don't know if that's the problem but she suggested I bump up my calories intake and I should start losing again. I thought I would share and hopefully it will work.

Ok. That may be it for me as well. Thanks!

Sounds like a plan and have heard it plenty of times here from the more experienced WLSrs but my issue is How do you up your calories when the smallest amount fills you up and it takes so long for that fullness to go away? Hmmm, regardless I'll b trying to get more in today. Just have to figure out what and make sure it's not empty calories.