Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

None of Your Business!

2 hours ago, Shoelace said:

Well anytime you feel like wandering by for a visit at least, let me know! :) Bring some interesting shakes from the states..bloody expensive up here!

Done Deal.

I had this conversation with my surgeon. He brought it up actually. He said most of his patients say they are having a hernia repair or other surgery. It’s not anyone’s business. I agree with him. I’m trying to figure out what to tell my boss at this point, too. I don’t think she needs to know specifics, especially because the gossip mill will start! Good luck!!

Best of luck! Mine went great and I'm 5 years out.

Tell them you're going on vacation. You don't owe them an explanation. No-one ever questioned me. And... no-one was ever the wiser.

Also - you should notify your primary care physician to see if they will accept follow-ups or recommend a gastro who will. I had a hard time finding one since I had the procedure done in MX. Regardless, I've done my annual doctor visits and labs with my PCP and everything has worked out.

Feel free to ask more questions as you continue your journey and best of luck!!

On 8/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, KennyJenks said:

So I will be sleeved Aug 20th. Two weeks from now. I’m having issues though talking about it with people who I’m not really close to. I’m not ready to tell everyone I’m having weight loss surgery. I don’t want their opinions or reactions yet. People who ask questions at work, relatives who are close but not close-close, neighbors, people want to know why I’m eating like that, why I’m not eating at the family reunion, why I’m taking time off work etc etc. but I’m not ready for their opinions or reactions. I’m a very private person.

Anyone else else deal with this? Did you just stick with saying none of our business? Or did you make up a fake procedure like I’m considering doing, or what? Please share.

I understand your feelings, I'm feeling the same way. The only people that actually know are my bosses and my mom and BF. I'm personally not ready to share it with anyone outside this group and it's not even because I don't want to hear their opinions, it's my life, my body. I wouldn't be doing this if I haven't done my due diligence in research, followed every physicians orders and tried everything in my power to lose the weight on my own.

When and if you're ready, that's when you share your personal stories

5 hours ago, pugmom234 said:

I had this conversation with my surgeon. He brought it up actually. He said most of his patients say they are having a hernia repair or other surgery. It’s not anyone’s business. I agree with him. I’m trying to figure out what to tell my boss at this point, too. I don’t think she needs to know specifics, especially because the gossip mill will start! Good luck!!

This is why I'm glad I have a male boss. I just said I'm having a procedure and he got white in the face and said "say no more - just get better and come back when you're ready" LOL He wanted no more information! :)