Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra after surgery?

I used some gauze for a while (or a really wide bandaid). Hope it feels better soon !

One of my incisions is right at my bra line. I didn't realize they did them there. Anyway, I've worn a sports bra and that was comfortable. Tonight I tried on a regular bra & it didn't rub the incision but I think I'm going to stick with the sports bra a little longer. The incision at the bra line is infected.

When I put on my regular bra tonight I was shocked at all the extra fabric in the cups. They have really shrunk!

I wore sports bras, or loose wireless bras (fortunately the weightloss in the first week make the cami bra fit well). I am 3 weeks post op and still struggle with a bra all day and at the end of the day I go home and put on a sports tank top with bra support. It's helped tremendously.

I said the heck with it and didn't wear one for 2 weeks. I also had carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand 2 weeks post-op. Dug out a front hook and managed to get it closed one handed lol
  • Haha 2

One of my incisions is right at my bra line. I didn't realize they did them there. Anyway, I've worn a sports bra and that was comfortable. Tonight I tried on a regular bra & it didn't rub the incision but I think I'm going to stick with the sports bra a little longer. The incision at the bra line is infected.
When I put on my regular bra tonight I was shocked at all the extra fabric in the cups. They have really shrunk!
Same here! I bought bra with no under wires. That helped. I am now 21 days out and lost a total of 22 lbs. I guess I'm losing a lbs x day rate. I'll take that over not losing nothing at all. Hope everyone is having a great experience this far?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

• Thanks 1

I wore a bra without an underwire the day after surgery