Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

My surgeon recommended once per week, and for my sanity it sounds like a good suggestion - a good way to try to focus on weekly trends rather than obsessing about every small fluctuation. I’m closing in on one week post-op, so the temptation to constantly weigh myself is DEFINITELY there!

I’m wondering how often you weigh yourself, what helps you resist the urge to get on the scale daily or if you’ve found benefits from weighing in daily what are they?

Thanks in advance!

Every morning, naked and after using the bathroom. I feel it helps me stay on track.

Every morning, naked and after using the bathroom. I feel it helps me stay on track.

Me too!

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Every morning but only track it 1-2 times per week (tues and sat). If there isn’t a loss on tracking days I don’t track. (Haven’t had any gains).

I find benefit to keeping myself accountable and on track- and I’d rather know ASAP if things are not moving in the right direction.

Weighing doesn’t really upset me but if it did I’d likely put the scale somewhere and only take it out on tracking day(s).

Every hour lol ... bad habit!

I feel like right now I'm somewhere between every day and every hour, thanks for all of your answers! I like to weigh myself every morning/every other morning naked before getting in the shower, but my surgeon was pretty adamant about only weighing in once per week so I wanted to ask. I have a fitbit scale that automatically tracks my weight each time I step on it, otherwise I really like the idea of letting myself weigh in as frequently as I'd like but only "counting" once a week to get the trend rather than all the fluctuation.

It's reassuring to know that weighing as regularly as I'd like to hasn't created anxiety and stress for you all! I'm leaning toward continuing with my habit and just taking a step back if I do find myself overly fixated!

I weigh daily. I only log a loss. I feel it helps me recognize trends and not obsess so much when I’m a few ounces more today than yesterday. I fluctuated with 3lbs during my first stall. Weighing daily helped me see it was just moving here and there and then took off again.

I'm not quite 2 weeks post op and am already driving myself and my family crazy about the scale :( During my first week somewhow I lost 18 lbs which I think has set me up to be miserable because now I'm not losing any weight!! I want to buy a new scale!! WTH?!

Errday

Every morning. Keep a running log in a notepad.

8 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

This is me. I would go insane if I didn’t weigh myself every morning

11 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

Same here, every morning that I am home.

I log everyday, loss or gain.

BUT, I do not stress when I gain or go into a stall.

I weight once a week which I guess is not normal ... but I will also weight again sometimes if I have success in the bathroom and want to see if that made an impact. I also take a selfie on weigh in days so that I might eventually look back on the weekly selfies and see myself changing (?) I don't know I don't notice a difference in the selfies but I do on the scale...

I love the selfies on weigh in days idea!!!

For me once a week I take a picture of the scales every Monday. Lately I’ve broken that, I’m 5 days post and hop on the scale daily. Scale has dropped everyday. Bad habit I know.