Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I got a call from the surgeon yesterday and he said the CT scan of my liver did not show any abnormalities! That is awesome news! I just need to make sure the pre-op diet is adhered to so I shrink my liver before surgery.

I'm so happy there is nothing wrong with my liver!!!

Congrats you will do great and be GREAT!

8 minutes ago, ayokimmieo said:

Congrats!

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, SummerEssence said:

Congrats you will do great and be GREAT!

Thank you!

Milestone update #1: I hit 30 pounds lost so far today! I am still 29 days out from surgery so I hope to lose much more pre-op! I'm excited to know I can do this!!!

On 8/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, macadamia said:

Awesome! Good luck with your pre-op phase! We can do this!

Thank you! I'm a little worried about the pre_op diet. I get bad headaches if I don't eat enough.

33 minutes ago, Christabelle said:

Thank you! I'm a little worried about the pre_op diet. I get bad headaches if I don't eat enough.

Well, I get headaches when I do not drink enough Water. It is a sign for me that I am getting dehydrated. I hope the pre-op diet does not hurt your head too much. It is important to get a good start going into your surgery. (-:

I get my endoscopy later this month any any advice on what to expect? I know I have to have my wife go with me to drive me home afterwards

1 minute ago, Tiff-a-lea said:

I get my endoscopy later this month any any advice on what to expect? I know I have to have my wife go with me to drive me home afterwards

It is a very easy procedure. There is a pre-test fast required to make sure your stomach is empty. They give you an IV and the sedation is added through that. Mine lasted about 35 minutes total, from when I was wheeled into the room until I was back in the recovery room. I was foggy for about another half hour but that quickly faded. By the time my ride showed up, I was able to walk fine.

My throat did not hurt at all. The only place it actually hurt (very slightly, more of a discomfort, really...) on me was where the nurse missed my vein two times before she gave up and the male nurse placed the IV on his first try.

The doctor came in after the procedure to the recovery room and told me about the findings. Before I left, the nurse gave me a copy of the preliminary report, complete with photos of my esophagus and stomach.

Were yours in full color? Mine have been both times and think looking at them is really cool. We truly are "wonderfully made" like the Bible says.😛

6 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Were yours in full color? Mine have been both times and think looking at them is really cool. We truly are "wonderfully made" like the Bible says.😛

Yes, full color, and high resolution even!

14 minutes ago, thenewme53 said:

My surgery is scheduled for 9/13. Good luck to everyone

Welcome! Thank you! And, good luck to you, too! This site is a wealth of information and very helpful people to answer questions, give insight to what they have gone through, and camaraderie. I'm very happy that I found this site.

Hi Everyone,

So jealous of everyone having their dates for sure :) I wish everyone luck on the journey!!!!

I am new to this site, but I am in the end stages of getting the sleeve. I have had my EGD follow up apt with my doctor yesterday. I was told My surgery was looking like the end of Sept- early Oct. I have my psychiatric visit on the Aug 20th and a follow up 2 weeks after. Then HOPEFULLY they can submit everything to insurance for approval and schedule my date for sure.