Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 8/28/2018 at 5:31 PM, reb101568 said:

I just have the pre-op doctor appt tomorrow and then I’m a go for9/5 as well. I hope the 34lbs I lost since April will be enough for the doc to see.

Welcome, and I hope your appointment went well!

On 8/28/2018 at 9:00 PM, VictoriouSlyG8tful said:

Hello my surgery date is the 12th and I start my 2 week liquid tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome and good luck with your pre-op phase! I've had a few slip-ups so far, but overall I've been able to stick to it. I'm down 34+ pounds so far.

Welcome and good luck with your pre-op phase! I've had a few slip-ups so far, but overall I've been able to stick to it. I'm down 34+ pounds so far.
Wow that amazing! My energy level is low today but so far so good. I think my body is detoxing from no coffee the last 3 days. My surgeon said after the 3rd day it gets better. Good luck on your surgery.

1 minute ago, VictoriouSlyG8tful said:

Wow that amazing! My energy level is low today but so far so good. I think my body is detoxing from no coffee the last 3 days. My surgeon said after the 3rd day it gets better. Good luck on your surgery.

I've been off of caffeine for a few months now and I can say it definitely gets better. The physical withdrawal symptoms only last a few days but the psychological symptoms can last for a month or more. For me, I would drink iced tea with sweet-n-low sweetener all day. I had trouble letting go of the sweetener. I still get sleepy in the afternoons at work, but I've used this as my signal to go for my walk, instead of drinking anything with caffeine.

Good luck and keep up the great work!

5 hours ago, macadamia said:

I now officially have less than 150 pounds to lose to meet my goal! I'm very excited!

One week until surgery!!!

Nice! Congratulations!

Really good Macadamia, you heading in the right direction toward your goal. September 6th,right ahead!

On 8/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, Christabelle said:

Nice! Congratulations!

On 8/30/2018 at 7:12 PM, Frustr8 said:

Really good Macadamia, you heading in the right direction toward your goal. September 6th,right ahead!

Thanks, ladies!

I got the official word Friday afternoon that I received final approval from my insurance company. I'm good to go for Thursday.

How do I set up one of these blog this to start new chat. I can’t figure it out. Please help

Y’all! I’m on day 6 of my Clear Liquids only preop diet. I’ve done fine so far and have lost 8 lbs! But today is a struggle! Well really just this afternoon. I’m wanting the weirdest things. Like things I never eat. Like my sons cheeze-its! What’s up with this?! I don’t want to cheat!

Just joined today. Glad to see so many people in September and working so hard.

I'm scheduled for September 18th, a bit nervous, a few doubts, but been feeling better as I read everyone's posts.

Good luck everyone!!

Welcome @Bowties. I actually belong to the other forum . I am An RNY candidate, well truly I am almost operated, I will be having mine in 36 hours, at 7AM EDT at Ohio State University- Wexner Medical Center in Columbus Ohio.It has been a long tortured pathway, things I wouldn't have believed could, did, but as the old spiritual said, All my trials, Lord, soon be over. I call it my REBIRTHDAY, my WONDER WEDNESDAY and I have a wonderful,surgeon,who,happens to be The Chief of Bariatric.Surgery and Metabolic Weight Loss and a full professor in the College of Medicine there, But better yet , he is very skillful and a darn nice,person. I like Dr Needleman a lot and I hope you will both like and trust your surgeon,and hospital staff. But welcome to Bariatric Pal, ask any questions you like.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:38 AM, hb2392 said:

Mine is September 4th. 26 years old, 5”11, 425lbs. Tired of being heavy and have tried everything under the sun to loose weight. I played college football and work a very physically demanding job. Here for about the past 6 months it seems like everyone around me can do physical activity so much easier than me, so that was the last straw. I’m self pay and moved pretty fast about getting it scheduled. Did my endoscope yesterday, no hernias or ulcers, just some reflux and eroded esophagus but doc said that can be fixed afterwards and it won’t interfere with surgery, so that is a blessing. I officially start the low fat diet on the 21st but have already started it. Pysch evaluation next week and pre surgery registration, along with an MRI for my lower back due to sciatic nerve pain (another reason I am getting surgery, have had previous back surgery from a disc, and have been told my weight is not helping). All in all I’m excited and ready but having anxiety about going under even though I did well yesterday with going under for the endoscope. That and the thought of knowing that 3/4 of my stomach is gone seems like it will be a strange feeling, but the end goal is worth it in my mind.

Praying for you today. I hope all goes well.

On 8/26/2018 at 5:35 AM, NewJoseph said:

Hello Good People, I am having my Gastric Sleeve on 4th of September, will keep you updated with the results and the progress that I will hopefully make. looking forward to making new friends here and get some support as this is my first post and I just joined this site.

I'm 380lbs as of now 6feet 5inches tall. my goal weight is 220lbs. I feel optimistic about this and I have confidence that I will achieve the GW.

Praying for your surgery today and that all goes well.