Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought my little Cheez Its again I just cant stay away from them

Oh...those were good..I just tell myself when I'm struggling..I went through all that pain..do I want to end up where I was before I started my journey..it works for the most part..it's rough..I had rny surgery in November I'm down 140 lbs ..I want to lose 40 more and ever lb is a struggle now..it's not easy anymore..just keep pushing

I'm a Compulsive Overeater and went through a similar situation that you went through. The surgery fixed my ability to not over eat but it didn't fix my will to eat the things that I shouldn't eat. To be honest, there are a great many people on this message board that want and will offer you advice to succeed but if you don't make the changes needed all the advice in the world will not help. If you can eat those Cheez Its in moderation then there is really no harm but if you gobble them down and buy more you're setting yourself up for failure. I can't eat in moderation, that's a big part of my problem being a Compulsive Overeater. That's why I sought outside help, with a therapist. My therapist went one step further and recommended that I join Overeaters Anonymous. (OA) Between them both I'm starting to work through my problem and I hope and pray that I have long term success with my WLS. We have been given a great tool to be healthy what we do with it is up to us. I wish you success and good health.

First, don't beat yourself up. Instead, be your own best friend. What would you want your best friend to tell you about buying all those? Whatever that is, tell yourself that. Say it out loud to yourself if need be.

Next, I urge you to reconsider your relationship with food. You know this item is your food trigger. Instead of thinking of the pleasure it brings you, focus on the pain it brings you. Think about how it makes you feel.

One you reach the point that you understand that food item is hurting you more than helping you, "break up" your relationship with that food. It's a toxic relationship so let it go.

Good luck. You are not alone.

6 hours ago, apositivelife4me said:

I bought two boxes of 36 pouches each from Amazon. I am addicted to them. HELP.

Donate them to the local homeless shelter and thank God you didn't buy 6 boxes. They are craving boosters!

Only eat the corners (My favorite part) than feed the rest to the squirrels.

I was told that they aren't bad for you just to buy the box with individual packs and limit myself to 2 packs a day at most. As long as you are exercising and eating otherwise healthy they're not the worst you could be eating!

5 Grams of Protein and a pretty shade of orange, well that's,2 redeeming qualities on the roadway of Life! I knew if we thought long enough something good my resurface!🍲

I know I posted earlier but it was more a HAHA comment. Not trying to be an ass or the food police but it sure as **** sounds like a lot of EXCUSES to justify eating this garbage. These things have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid but why go through everything we have and will go through just to give in and possibly put us on a path to lose? You justify this then what's next? I'm tired of making BS excuses for my choices or why if I only have a little it will kill my craving and get me past this moment. 379lbs later and a hell of a lot of bodily pain and thankfully my eyes were opened. I won't say I will not cheat or give into temptation but I will try my hardest not to.

Just my opinion and I really hope to not piss anyone off or offend anyone. Good luck everyone, I really hope we all succeed on our journeys!!!!!

Sniff sniff💦 I just realized my White Cheddar cheese-its moved away. Will they ever come back to visit?💦