Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss rates? Stalled already?

I had my surgery July 25... I have lost 26 pounds (that includes pre surgery Optifast weight loss)... but the scale has not moved at all in a few days & I am still on the clear fluids diet... I am a little surprised. I thought this would be the period where the weight would drop fastest?

30 minutes ago, LL44 said:

I had my surgery July 25... I have lost 26 pounds (that includes pre surgery Optifast weight loss)... but the scale has not moved at all in a few days & I am still on the clear fluids diet... I am a little surprised. I thought this would be the period where the weight would drop fastest?

Stalls occur all over the place. If you are not tracking body fat, you are missing another key measurement. You can lose body fat and not "weight". Happens quite often, just not many folks are tracking their body fat %'s with their weight, so they don't see the decrease in body fat %, just "weight". But as much as it's called "Weight Loss Surgery" it's really "Fat Loss Surgery". Muscle atrophy is "weight loss" but it's not what we are aiming for, which is why it confuses me that so few people are tracking their fat % trends along with their weight trends.

30 minutes ago, LL44 said:

First off, congrats on your surgery and the first 26 pounds. That's awesome!

For the rest - everyone heals at different rates. You are still very swollen. Many doctors advise their patients not to weigh for the first month because it can be disheartening. So, no, this isn't abnormal, just annoying. Just keep to your plan and it will work.

Thanks all... I have noticed a loss in inches... I have been able to get in a pair of pants I was unable to wear for a year so that is a big deal! I guess I jusat expected (especially while still in the "liquid" phase) that weight would drop much faster.

It’ll come off :) just stay on plan. I know it’s maddening

same. exact. thought. here. I also had surgery on July 25th, I started soft foods today. I felt like my body was in starvation mode while on liquids. I too, have lost 24 lbs and not another lb since. As the advice above reads, I have been told to stay the course and remember its only been 2 weeks. When have you ever lost 24lbs in two weeks before surgery!!? My incisions are completely healed yet so that limits my exercise, but I know I need to pick up the pace with my walking! Congrats on your weight loss and hang in there!!

I also have my gastric bypass on 7/25, and you're both doing better than me. I am down 16.5 pounds from my morning weight on 7/25. Add 7.5 pounds to that if you want to count my 3-day clear liquid diet immediately before surgery. I think I'm just about where I need to be. My first goal is to lose 16-19% of my excess body weight and 2.5-3" from my waist by my 1-month weigh-in. This will put me at the 50th to 75th percentile for gastric bypass patients according to one large peer-reviewed study.

I start soft foods this Friday, so we shall see what happens next!

After much prodding I was finally told that after RNY the goal is 12-17% of excess body weight each month. Each month you lose, the less excess weight to lose and so amount goes down based on those percentages. I’m charting. I weigh once per week and have hit target 3 months in a row. I stalled too but was still in range so didn’t beat myself up. Good luck!

The three week stall is sorta infamous seems like that’s where you are.

@jess9395. Haha. I don't remember what happened at the three-week mark. This is week nine for me. I've noticed no change for the last five days, but I hesitate to call even five days a stall. The way I see it, a true stall requires that after a bowel movement, you still weigh the same.:)

Hi Everyone! I was sleeved in March of 2016. I had sleeve to bypass revision on 7/30/18 due to reflux and nausea. I am post-op 12 days. I lost 14 pounds from 1 week pre-op and 1 week post-op clear liquid diet. I have been on full liquids since this past Sunday. I have two Protein Shakes per day and cottage cheese. I am around 60-70 grams of Protein per day and about 450-550 calories. I am struggling a little bit with getting my fluids in... I'm around 50 ounces per day of Water. The day I started full liquids (actually taking in any calories) I stopped losing any weight. I have actually gained 1.8 pounds since Sunday (6 days ago). I am a little frustrated, but am hoping it is just a stall or something. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Remember Girls, you each are doing your one Best TOU! God made a lot of, animals. He made in addition to timid small field mice, Lions, Tigers, Gazelles, Impale. He liked to look at variety , didn't just develop a Cougar,and say One Animal, that's enough! Rock Your Uniqueness, that's what makes You, You! The weight will come off, in its own good time. BARI- Pal. CreekImp donated an Inpirational thought, which I liked.
EVEN IF YOU END UP LOSING A HALF- POUND A WEEK,THAT IS STILL 26 POUNDS AT THE END OF THE YEAR!
Stay Sweet, Stay Cool and remember each and every one,of
of us Love You and Love You for being YOU!

I have lost a few pounds so am seeing movement again... wish I was having regular BM's though... I hate taking Senokot