Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you start losing hair?

I am definitely "shedding" more, but it's not coming out in clumps or anything like that. I asked my hairdresser last week and she said she didn't notice any difference at all.

I guess mine started today. I noticed that I brushed out more hair than usual in my morning routine today. It worries me at first but I’m reading from the above comments that some people experience it as well. I’m 3 months post op.

4 months out and I’m starting to notice more shedding in recent weeks. Started taking one a days men plus Biotin and Vitamin E this week to help combat this hopefully. I’ve used Rogaine in the past as well before surgery and it definitely helps slow/stop the shedding so might be jumping on it again very soon.

Same as a lot of people on here, mine started this week, just around 12 weeks after surgery. Losing lots :( I take all my Vitamins, including Biotin.

Three months! It does stop though. Hang in there. Stressing might only make it worse.

I started loosing hair before the surgery which was on May 16th, I had lost 26 pounds before my sleeve. I am still loosing hair, I have short hair but it is a lot thinner. :huh: This happened to me before years ago when I lost a lot of weight too.

Question.... I lose hair every time I take a shower. Usually wasn't that much but in the past week and a half I've noticed A LOT more coming out. I've had short hair almost my whole life and have cut my own hair for at least the last 15 years. I started getting tired of doing it so about a year and a half ago I just stopped and let my hair grow out. Since I can remember I would always have strands of hair in my hands when I ran them through washing it. Being new to having long hair I assumed it was just normal. I had asked my wife and she said it happened to her as well. So ....How can I tell if it's due to WLS? Like I said there is A LOT more coming out now but I'm only 4 weeks out and everyone else seemed to be further along when it started. My hair is super thick and I could always go back to short hair so I don't mind either way as long as I don't start balding.

I clogged my drains and had to have a plumber come out! He pulled up all my hair from the old pipes in our house 'cause I'm dummy. Brush your long hair before the shower until the Hair loss stops or you'll have a plumber bill too lol. I miss my lush locks. It was the only thing I liked about my appearance and now I twist my hair up and try not to think about it right now. I'm not quite ready to chop it off, but as others have said, I notice it more than anyone else. I take Biotin everyday and I know it will grow back.

I'm 4 1/2 months out, and I haven't experienced Hair loss yet. I take my supplements daily, including Biotin, and I usually eat around 100g of Protein daily. I don't know if either of those things has anything to do with it or not.

On 8/4/2018 at 7:02 PM, Losebig said:

No Hair loss for me (I’m past when it occurs). My nutritionist thought it was because I always exceeded my Protein goal and never missed a supplement.

That was one of my Pre-op questions in class the other day and the NP said that as long as you keep up on your Protein, and take Biotin, you should be lucky and not lose hair. Fortunately I've been on a biotin regimen for about 8 months now when I started Keto for fear of the same thing.

Thank you for confirming what your nutritionist said.

2 minutes ago, MargoCL said:

That was one of my Pre-op questions in class the other day and the NP said that as long as you keep up on your Protein, and take Biotin, you should be lucky and not lose hair. Fortunately I've been on a Biotin regimen for about 8 months now when I started Keto for fear of the same thing.

Thank you for confirming what your nutritionist said.

Unfortunately there are several of us who have done everything "right", Protein, biotin, other supplements, and still had significant Hair loss.

I also think it falls into our genetic make up.

I was losing significant hair up until I started my Biotin regimen, it came from a combination of my thyroids and uterine fibroids then add the wrong nutrition value and you're a recipe for disaster.

Does the fact,that most of my uncle's are bald have any bearing on me as a woman? Am I amy,more prone to excessively thin?👴&👸

For me I think it was my nervousness. When I got up for the first time at the hospital, there was my hair all over the pillow and by the morning it was on the floor of my hospital room.

I have been taking 10,000 mgs of Biotin. Dr Terry Dubrow was interviewed and he said you need 8,000 mgs of Biotin for hair regrowth. BUT ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR.