Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preparing for the dead😮

So I’m preparing for surgery , my date is August 6. Yeseterday I went shopping and purchased things I will need at the hospital , as well as things I will need once I return from the hospital. Since I started this journey I’ve started routine workouts and I’ve done really well I have been able to drop 35 lbs, My concern is shortly after surgery my exercise routine will be reduced , and waking will be the only thing I can do for a while. Just wanting to know how long did you guys need to wait before you started cardio, stairs , fast pace walks. Please let me know ,smooches ♥️

Post op, just follow your surgeon's orders. Walking is going to be pretty much the second you fully wake up from surgery until... well forever. You'll get cleared for extra things as you heal. Focus on healing first. Keep that cart firmly planted BEHIND the horse!

Lol that through me too! But if your on the phone just hold your finger down on the paragraph and it will show a pop up and let you edit, or on computer click edit.

But any who congrats on the upcoming surgery you will do great, I’m scheduled for September 7, 2018 excited. As far as the question although, I haven’t had the surgery I think you should check with your surgeon on this because everyone’s doctors are different and do different things.

Yes Beautiful

First off I just wanted to congratulate you on the click bait lol, very smooth and effective, haha.

Second, you will do great. Being in shape prior to surgery helps some people bounce back to a regime quickly, but if not no worries go at the pace your body dictates. I was not in shape prior to surgery and i waited until 4 months post op to join a gym. I'm still just a novice and I work out lightly. Do what is best for you AFTER surgery.

Safe Journey!

Lol that cracked me up. I’m on the 6th too!! Less than 5 days away!

I was just cleared to do 15 on my treamill, slow and steady, VERY slow. Because they said "just do what you can handle because we know youre in pain".

Good you spoke with your doctor or doctor’s office 1st.

31 minutes ago, Beautfully Flawed said:

Thanks Ladies!!!

im now following you all, we can support each other on our journey , I’m in San Diego anyone near?

Unfortunately no, I'm in Kansas City.

"Preparing for the Dead"....great name for a novel...I think you should write it! ;)

I have the same concern. I’ve been working out pretty frequently, but walking doesn’t seem too bad

Just had surgery the 23rd. Hit 10,000 steps a day on day 10. It's more the energy to do more. I really don't have anything left after that. I was fairly active before so I really am looking forward to doctors giving me the green light.