Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post op from the Sleeve procedure. In the evenings, about two hours after dinner, I am craving sweets!! Help!! What do I do? I don’t want to eat anything because I’m only allowed 3 meals a day. Any suggestions would be helpful!!

Can you have sugar free popsicles or Jello? Those have been my go to

not sure if you’re allowed any of these things but I mix sugar free jello pudding with heavy whipping cream (instead of milk) and make a fluffy dessert. It satisfies my ice cream sweet tooth and I legit only have about 2 tablespoons and I am done. I only crave something sweet like this once a week so I make it and then my husband ends up eating it cause I never really touch it lol

Thank you for your reply. I am going to try the sugar free Jello and heavy whipping cream. I am allowed sugar free jello and popsicles, which have also been my go to when I can’t get liquids down.

1 hour ago, Bryn910 said:

Can you have sugar free popsicles or Jello? Those have been my go to

not sure if you’re allowed any of these things but I mix sugar free Jello pudding with heavy whipping cream (instead of milk) and make a fluffy dessert. It satisfies my ice cream sweet tooth and I legit only have about 2 tablespoons and I am done. I only crave something sweet like this once a week so I make it and then my husband ends up eating it cause I never really touch it lol

Love these suggestions!! I've been craving something "good" too :)

8 hours ago, doingitforme18 said:

Does anyone think we could have sugar free Popsicle like ice cream? chocolate or other flavors now? I guess it would depend on the # of carbs...

I find that these products aren’t sugar free but really no sugar added. They may have sugar institutes as well. And usually the carb content is high. I would see if it fits your macros for the day (whatever you’re counting). I found that these products make me dump. So try them at home first.

i also fear these type of products may make me want to try other “not so good stuff for me” so I stopped trying them and only stick to things within my parameters. I don’t want to fall back into bad habits. If I try this one thing and it didn’t affect me, then I may just reach for a tub of ben and jerry’s; and that scares me.

How about something natural... like some cut up strawberries and banana? Or any other fruit really for that matter to get that sweetness you want but while being healthy and eating natural foods?

I have been eating artificially sweetened fruit cups..like pears.. peaches.. they have some carbs of course..but do not seem to affect my blood sugar..seem to satisfy my sweet craving a little better than other sugar free stuff I was getting tired of

Who says you are only "allowed" a certain amount of anything? You are your own person. Eat what you need to eat to survive. Your Dr or your NUT does not rule your life. I too have a sweet tooth. I love the little lifesavers gummies.

15 minutes ago, apositivelife4me said:

Who says you are only "allowed" a certain amount of anything? You are your own person. Eat what you need to eat to survive. Your Dr or your NUT does not rule your life. I too have a sweet tooth. I love the little lifesavers gummies.

Her plan. Her plan clearly regulates amounts. So she can lose weight... Like the WHOLE purpose of this, literally

I grab a sugar free fudge pop. It’s sooo good. Or sugar free pudding. Both of those feel like dessert to me.

23 hours ago, apositivelife4me said:

I agree!! The NUT and your Dr are not your gods.