Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing weight but not seeing it

Ugh just annoyed as all fuck I'm down 30 pounds but I don't see it!!!!! ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! why can't my brain stop playing with me????? UGGGHHHHHHH

If you have any before face shots try comparing them. It’s amazing the changes you will see in your own face with even a small loss, let alone 30 pounds. We are our own worst critics and lots of us seem to have this issue on and off.

I honestly just think my perception will be fucked up forever and it's so unfair and annoying and I feel like I have nobody who understands anything of what I'm going through!!

I feel this way sometime and I have lost right at 50 pounds. I go in my bedroom and try on clothes ….that used to be way too tight and are now way too big...and that is PROOF to me that my body is getting smaller. Just be kind to yourself and trust the process.

(soft hug) I can say the same, I see flab when other's don't. As someone who was body dysmorphic and borderline anorexic and binged it does play with your head...Be kind to yourself, I know it's hard but as some soul on the other end who knows that struggle I reach out to you...find a support group or talk therapist if you can, or just talk to someone you trust and is a safe person. Don't leave this unchecked (I'm speaking to myself too) "if you see something say something" also applies to us individually when something is 'off' talk to someone say something, you are not alone in this sug...

On 7/30/2018 at 2:57 PM, krissy95 said:

Ugh just annoyed as all f**k I'm down 30 pounds but I don't see it!!!!! ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! why can't my brain stop playing with me????? UGGGHHHHHHH

Wow I remember feeling that way after the pounds started coming off after surgery.I thought maybe I was doing something wrong and second guessing myself.I guarantee you anyone that sees you on a regular basis will notice your weight loss immediately.We are at most times our worst critic.The only advice I can give you is that we didn’t become our overweight selves quickly.It will take time for your body and mind to catch up to what’s happening!

Edited by George OG

Can I tell you that there are still days when I see the fat girl in the mirror? I'm 2 years out, down probably 150 pounds from my high point over 300 (where I wouldn't get on the scale so I don't have proof other than photos) and there are days, where as a six 6 (down from a 24) I still think I'm the fat girl. It takes a long time for your head to catch up. Be kind to yourself.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:57 PM, krissy95 said:

Ugh just annoyed as all f**k I'm down 30 pounds but I don't see it!!!!! ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! why can't my brain stop playing with me????? UGGGHHHHHHH

I'm right there with you. I still don't "see" myself. Case in point, I was in the gym, minding my own business, moving between equipment, I saw someone moving towards me in the mirror just out of my peripheral vision and I moved to avoid running into this person... except, it was me I was seeing moving towards me. I still feel super fat most of the time as well. It's been hard to focus on what's actually happening that I'm not fully seeing. I have moments where I'm like... damn look at me ! but that doesn't happen too often, the rest of the time I just feel like the same massive blimp of a person, even though everything around me is trying to tell me otherwise, smaller clothes, no issues at restaurant booths or at the movies any more, I can buy clothes anywhere now... I physically feel better, I can physically do so much more... but mentally, I'm still almost 400 lbs and a massive eyesore to the world around me. I've heard it takes time, so I don't beat myself up over it, I've been fat pretty much most of my life, even when I was in the military and super fit, I felt fat and gross. Hopefully it gets better.

Guys and Gals try taking photos in the same clothing in the same positions/places , at regular intervals it will make all of the difference

4 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Guys and Gals try taking photos in the same clothing in the same positions/places , at regular intervals it will make all of the difference

I do this and can't see it yet. I'm not frustrated or bummed I just don't see it. Not sure if it's me or there isn't a physical difference just yet. I know I'll get there eventually so I do it more for a reference in the future when I hit goal. I'll be able to have something to look back on.

08/17/2018 11:47 AM, J San said:

I do this and can't see it yet. I'm not frustrated or bummed I just don't see it. Not sure if it's me or there isn't a physical difference just yet. I know I'll get there eventually so I do it more for a reference in the future when I hit goal. I'll be able to have something to look back on.

It may just be your perception is off
you too close to the situation and can't see he change. I thought the samething until I saw two photos of myself wearing the same clothes taken 3 months & about 20lbs apart, the camera does not lie 

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

It may just be your perception is off

you too close to the situation and can't see he change

That could be it? I don't wear the same clothes in the pics but I'm only in shorts when I take them so not sure if that makes that much of a difference. I think I might see a slight difference in my face but not anything drastic yet. I'll ask my wife if she sees any difference.

She'll probably say " Same handsome Dude I married, just a little less of you now" then if I were her I'd give you a👄 kiss!

Does anyone else still find themselves “sucking it in and turning to the side” to get through tight spaces, only to realize that you can actually walk through like a normal person? I look like an idiot when I do it...

I also still sit gingerly on things, testing their strength to hold me before realizing I’m only 211lbs... I’ll be fine!

I just bet,they do, just feel sheepish admitting,it to all!