Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on the 25th last Wednesday and I’m due for my period in a few days but I feel no symptoms of cramping which I usually do, does anyone know if menstrual cycles change after surgery ? Or if this is Normal?

I had mine a couple days after surgery. If you are taking anti coagulants, you can expect things to be a lot more watery. I had my second one not too long ago and it was much heavier flow than I had been having. I have an IUD so usually things are about the same.

I didn’t think to ask the question pre surgery... but I would say it was a little worse than normal. Maybe due to hormonal changes.

Good luck!

Any stress can cause a change in your cycle.

I got my period the day I left the hospital and I’ve had regular periods since surgery. I used to get my periods every couple of months or so. I’m now more regular than I’ve ever been. So strange!

My surgery triggered my period early. I had maybe 5 days left before my period was due to come but ended up getting it the night of my surgery. Imagine being in the hospital recovering from surgery while dealing with a heavy period and those terrible hospital pads and underwear. Nightmare. 😂

Any stress or trauma to the body can cause changes in your cycle. It might be a blessing to not have to deal with it until you are feeling better. Be prepared that the intensity may be higher and it could be longer than normal. This only happened for the first 2 periods after surgery. Now mine are normal.

I had surgery on the 25th last Wednesday and I’m due for my period in a few days but I feel no symptoms of cramping which I usually do, does anyone know if menstrual cycles change after surgery ? Or if this is Normal?
I also has surgery on the 25 and today got my menstrual cycle and I already had it on July 10. So let's see how it going to change.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My previous period ended on the 16th. I had surgery on the 17th and got another period that started on the 27th.

However, I’ve also only had an iud for 2 months so most of this weirdness is from that I’d bet.

Also go my period thought the same it was wired came a little earlier. I had surgery 7/27 and got my period 7/30 also strange was no pain. Which i suffer of really horrific cramps. Wonder what cause this.

Was on my cycle for surgery...ugh . But now more regular than before