Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1. Remember that Bariatric Pal is a business. If you appreciate the boards, throw Alex a bone and actually BUY something to support his business. It's a pain in the arse to run a board like this. Open your wallet once in a while...the products are awesome and it's the least you can do.

2. Don't stay too long. One day you're gonna come to this place and it's gonna be more negative than positive for you. In the beginning, it's a lifeline. By the time you've read the board for a year and seen the full cycle of repetition and mental health issues here.....it's not a lifeline anymore. It can become a kinda toxic habit. Part of recovery is leaving the hospital. Know when it's time to pack your bag and go!

3. Remember that intimacy moves at light speed on the internet....but real trust is nearly impossible until you take your relationship real world. Message board friendships are real friendships...but they're different. Don't expect more than what's realistic, and be careful out there!

4. Everyone is going to have their own recipe for and perception of success. Lotta ways up this mountain. Live and let live....you'll live longer.

5. No person on here is an expert in how to do this...for anyone but themselves. No one can save anyone else...and they shouldn't try.

6. If you're happy with your results, you're doing it right for you.

7. Never lose your sense of humor. If you can't laugh at this board...even when some dork is heckling you....you're taking it way to seriously.

8. "but the vets needs to staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!" No, they don't. Really...they don't. They have lives (we can hope!) and mentoring others is an unpaid job. And again, even your most successful vet....who is an expert at making this whole thing work for themselves.....does not know what is best for you. They don't. You do. Vets are people, too....some are awesome, some are toxic. Trust yourself. You can do this.

9. But there's so much contradictory information...what's the best way to go? That's up to you. And will be different for each of us. Keep trying. if something doesn't work, try something else. Just don't give up!

10. Wishing you all the very best. :455_rosette::778_heartbeat::455_rosette: Adios!

Wishing you all the best in your post-forum life!

Thanks for the thoughts over the months Creek. Be well and enjoy!

Going to miss you Creek! Thanks for all your input and good luck!

Related image

Cheers and best of luck to you!!

Thank you for being a big part of my journey! I hope the best for you!

Good luck & Best wishes!! Happy you've reached your goal and ready to move on!

On 7/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, Creekimp13 said:

1. Remember that Bariatric Pal is a business. If you appreciate the boards, throw Alex a bone and actually BUY something to support his business. It's a pain in the arse to run a board like this. Open your wallet once in a while...the products are awesome and it's the least you can do.

2. Don't stay too long. One day you're gonna come to this place and it's gonna be more negative than positive for you. In the beginning, it's a lifeline. By the time you've read the board for a year and seen the full cycle of repetition and mental health issues here.....it's not a lifeline anymore. It can become a kinda toxic habit. Part of recovery is leaving the hospital. Know when it's time to pack your bag and go!

3. Remember that intimacy moves at light speed on the internet....but real trust is nearly impossible until you take your relationship real world. Message board friendships are real friendships...but they're different. Don't expect more than what's realistic, and be careful out there!

4. Everyone is going to have their own recipe for and perception of success. Lotta ways up this mountain. Live and let live....you'll live longer.

5. No person on here is an expert in how to do this...for anyone but themselves. No one can save anyone else...and they shouldn't try.

6. If you're happy with your results, you're doing it right for you.

7. Never lose your sense of humor. If you can't laugh at this board...even when some dork is heckling you....you're taking it way to seriously.

8. "but the vets needs to staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!" No, they don't. Really...they don't. They have lives (we can hope!) and mentoring others is an unpaid job. And again, even your most successful vet....who is an expert at making this whole thing work for themselves.....does not know what is best for you. They don't. You do. Vets are people, too....some are awesome, some are toxic. Trust yourself. You can do this.

9. But there's so much contradictory information...what's the best way to go? That's up to you. And will be different for each of us. Keep trying. if something doesn't work, try something else. Just don't give up!

10. Wishing you all the very best. :455_rosette::778_heartbeat::455_rosette: Adios!

Wait! I'm so confused!!! I thought in addition to this post, saying "Sayonara!" to us losers who continue to post it forward trying to help people and trying to stay connected to support here at BP. I thought you had some "fabulous" life to go lead without BP draggin' ya down?

I thought like Arnold you were "Hasta la vista, baby!"

So now it's more like you're Sean Connery who said "Never say never?"

What changed? Why are you back here with us losers?

Signed Sincerely,

Loser at BP

p.s. Shout out to all the vets who stay and give their time freely to offer mentorship and knowledge!!!!

Image result for poor self esteem memes

Crawl back in your cave with your muffins and potatoes.....please

On 7/29/2018 at 3:42 PM, Creekimp13 said:

Believe me, I get plenty of spam from being a member of this site - I don't owe anyone anything. So mind your business.

Yeah I noticed someone making a negative comment I’m just going to deactivate this account do I leave on a good note with positive thoughts