Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband Advice and Encouragement

Dawn, there many people on here that will be able to help you... I dont know all the answers being Im not even Banded yet.. but over all this is a great support group. You might want to post a thread under introductions you might get more responces.. Good Luck with everything and Keep in Touch it will all work out.. Take Care

Hi Dawn

You will not be ignored. Your in Dallas and there's alot of bandsters in Dallas! You've got to get in to a doctor and have your band checked and get a fill. Make this band work for you. Payment plan, what ever it takes.

You do have a good attitude.

Michelle's on it!

Guest dawn1

Thanks La-Madam, very good advice. I needed a slap in the face .

Your right about being able to buy food but not go to the doctor thing. That was a good one. Thanks!!!!!!

Guest dawn1

Thanks EVERYONE!

Hi Dawn, and Welcome! I can't add much to what Michelle already said, and I agree with her. If you don't have the proper fill, it's very difficult to lose. You really need to come up with the money and go get the fill. Start back with the basics, protien first, then veggies, and then the starches/fruits. You might want to join the weight loss thread, or the exercise threads we have going here to help you. Also, post often, the support here really helps me alot!

Under your circumstances, been there done that (losing my job no insurance) although I think everyone gave good advice, right now you are probably just trying to make ends meet. The thought of coming up with 180 dollars (that's how much the fills cost in my area)to have a fill, and knowing they won't give you a fill without a follow up visit first (100.00 as you stated)it can be overwhelming. I am an emotional eater. Especially when it comes to money. I find that I eat more when I am stressed out because of it. Even if you can't afford the fill or the visit right now. (Let's face it, some bills are not optional, getting a fill can be for you at this time) Focus your energy on finding a job with insurance that will allow you to get fills. (Easier said then done I am sure) but, setting that as a goal right now with the optimism that if you find that job, you will then be able to get back to your goal of fixing the band to help you lose more weight. Because of your new goal in mind, I think it will help you get back on the weight loss journey whether or not you will be able to get a fill anytime soon

Guest BRAVO

hi!!!! i,m thinking about lap band. i am a female 46 years old. i weigh 220.

i have been battleing my weight for close to 26 years. i take two different pills for high blood pressure. i also take a pill for high colestrol. i am 5 feet 3 inches short. i have very painful knee problems ( i no longer take celbrex). i also have

benign MS. is there anyone who has had this done that has MS. i'd appreciate hearing from you. i am on AVONEX. i am verrrry excited about lap band. i am going to a meeting monday 04/04/2005. they told me the meeting is mandatory.

after that i make my 1st appointment. i called my insurance and they said they pay for it. there is a precertification process with the insurance company. if there is anyone out there with MS that has had this done or is going to have it done please advise me!!!!!! thanks a mil!!!! i need support!!!!!!

Hi Bravo,

Welcome to LBT! You might want to start a new thread in the General Discussion area with your questions. Your post probably won't get a lot of attention here. Let me know if you need help.

I am going throught all the requirements in order to have the surgery. I want it so badly.I really hope I don't have to wait to long. I am 58 years old, I'm 5'3 and I weigh 217 lbs. I'm in the process of losing the 10%. What a long road to travel. Is it worth it?

Hi, I'm DeeJay, I am new to the forum. Thinking about having the surgery. I will have to pay my own way....my biggest concern...it like Wade....I am an emotional eater....would any of you...if you had to do it over again....would you not do it.

deejay

Still struggling, I need prayers and advice.

I do not post much any more to any of the boards. It seems I am stuck in a bad rut and can not get out of it. I had my surgery 11.17.2003 and weighed 377lbs. At the first of April 2004, I weighed 317. Everything was going fine and then all of the sudden everything just stopped. I did over the summer of 2004 get down to around 311 but the weight just fluxuated back and forth and I am still not going down. I am about 322lbs and here it is 1.5 years later and I have not lost all the weight, not even close. I would really like to be down to around 210lbs or even 225lbs. I need prayers and advice on how to get back to the losing again. I have been to some counseling but stopped. I need to get off some of the medicines I am on and need to focus on eating the correct things. The other thing is I have a bad habit of eating late at night. I do not sleep well at all. During the day I am sitting at my desk because I am a software developer. Thanks for listening.

Wade Beasley

Wade, could you use a fill? What is your current fill level, when was your last fill? A fill for me rejuvenates me to get things going again, it is very motivating. Have you tried journaling what you eat in a day, that also works for me, it makes me see where I went wrong, sometimes we graze and nibble all day not realizing how much those little bites here and there add up. How's your Protein intake? Portein helps curb the appetite, if you are in a carb rut, carbs will crave carbs and you will only eat more of them, same with sugar. At night time, try and find something to keep you busy, even if it means coming here to LBT to read and post, there is always helpful info here and support...or how about making phone calls to other bandsters when the urge to eat comes on, we all feel your pain and frustration, I have been there..do not give up. You can call me anytime, I wil ltalk you out of eating, give lots of enocuragement and support, if you want my number PM me and I will send it to you

You sound familar are you in some commercial or on a web site for the lap band wade I remember that name.

I had a fill a couple of months ago back to 2.4 ccs. In the morning I am very restricted and can only drink. At lunch I can eat some but it takes an hour to get the food down. At supper, it just depends. Sometimes I can not eat much other times I can eat a whole plate of food. Then, my worst habit is eating something late at night. I am my own worst enemy!

Frustrated and depressed.

Wade :angry :cry