Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@srio77 Im August 28th also! My pre op diet is 2 wks, it SUCKS!

I'm afraid my coworkers are going to kick me out of the office by the end of day 1. Let me know how it goes.

Hi friends! I am one day post-op. I am experiencing belly gurgling whenever I put liquid in it. Anyone else feel this way? I also have terrible diarrhea! I hate it!

21 hours ago, ALEandVSG said:
22 hours ago, pink18 said:

Im not hungry, but I have headaches and I feel tired. I guess its a shock to the body.. but in 3 days I have lost 4.5lbs

That is awesome 👏🏼 I have been having a hard time. I feel like I’m starving and my head hurts I’m sure it’s the lack of sugar and caffeine. I just keep reminding myself that it’s going to be well worth it in the end! I also took “before” pictures, so I keep looking at those every time I need a boost their all the motivation I need. That was my slap in the face to finally really realize I’m doing the right thing.

I know.. I was eating all the things I knew was bad just before. Really sad that I felt I had to eat them. But the headache seems to be fading, so hopefully it will get easier

21 hours ago, ALEandVSG said:

I only need to do liquids day before surgery. I’m sure a week is going to to be very trying. Just know we are here to have your back if u need a pick me up👍🏼

Limiting is definitely a good idea, Ive completely had cold turkey from sugar and caffeine. 👏🏻 The more you prepare the easlier it will be. Why do we all do different diets? Im on this for 2 weeks

I had my gastric sleeve on the 14th. On day 5 post op and finally feeling so much better.

I'm 3 days post-op for bypass. Did great in hospital though think they allowed me to many fluids. Was going thru ice chips like crazy. Released Friday. OK go to take gabapentin which is a capsule. Got stuck and ended up getting sick. After calling me Dr since now dry heaves. Allowed me diluted mylanta and back to Water only for rest day and night. Now getting better. One incision is deeper in skin so it hurts more. Took me an hour to do Breakfast. About 1/2 way to Protein goal. Last week starving this week not so much. On top of everything else monthly friend showed up yesterday

I'm scheduled for gastric sleeve this Thursday, the 23rd. Starting to get a little freaked out, but excited at the same time.

May your surgery bring you everything you desire this Thursday, Shrinking Michael. I'll be thinking of you thenm Please update us when you can, okay?

I’m really struggling guys :( had my surgery Friday at 7:30am and things went well at first. Pain wasn’t too bad and by Sat I was able to keep down some Water and a 6oz bowl of broth and a Protein Shake before they released me.

a few hours later I went to the closest ER (my surgeons hospital was almost an hour away) because of extreme unbearable pain in my stomach and lower back beyond what trying to walk around and take gas relief medicines would help. And I still had a suture that kept bleeding a little and oozing but the whole suture wasn’t split so they weren’t too worried. The ER by my house did nothing and sent me home.

Few more hours later (now Sunday midday) the pain traveled through the whole middle of my back, I couldn’t stand up straight without being in excruciating pain, couldn’t breathe without the same, and had zero relief from anything whatsoever. I took an Uber to my surgeons hospital ASAP.

Here so far they’ve done an X-ray and a c t scan and are keeping me back on pain meds but those are starting to not be as effective slowly and the pain is easily a 10+ unbearable. They did admit me again and said I shouldn’t have been discharged in so much pain but this amount of pain wasn’t there at the time so I don’t know.

Im not going to rush anything I’m just going to stay as long as they allow me / as long as I need to. If there’s something going wrong then I hope they find out and fix it. IF this is all just an adverse terrible reaction to not passing bowl then please god keep me until I do.

I don’t wanna come off as complaining - I just don’t want to feel alone right now :( I have a few of you I’ve connected with and message and I appreciate each and every one if you on this forum as we’re all sisters and brothers in a way many aren’t and it means the world to me. I’m just struggling :( has anyone else had similar situations and what was the outcome or resolution ?

Oh @ Zero Cool I am so sorry this is happening. ooh PLease keep us updated, YOU matter very much to US, you know.

@ZeroCool I'm sorry to hear your having such a difficult time. I know it's probably hard with all the pain but try to stay positive and have faith in the medical team, I'm sure they will work out the problem. We are all here for you so hang in there, it will all be worth it at the end.

29 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Oh @ Zero Cool I am so sorry this is happening. ooh PLease keep us updated, YOU matter very much to US, you know.

19 minutes ago, ALEandVSG said:

@ZeroCool I'm sorry to hear your having such a difficult time. I know it's probably hard with all the pain but try to stay positive and have faith in the medical team, I'm sure they will work out the problem. We are all here for you so hang in there, it will all be worth it at the end.

Thank you guys - it means a lot to me to have you & others’ support through this. The main theory going around is that my bowels “fell asleep” and aren’t waking up I guess, so sometime later today the surgeons team is gonna review my scans and figure out where to go from there I guess.

Hope everything works out for you today. This is a rough thing to have happen!😳🍀😛