Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey surgery buddy! I wasn’t prepared for this either....it’s much harder than I thought. I just keep telling myself that each day will get better. They sent me home fairly quickly and I spent the first 48 hours vomiting anything I tried to put in my mouth including Water. Today is the first day where I’ve been able to have 1/3 of a yogurt cup and a few spoons of cream of chicken Soup. Pretty sure I’m not going according to plan as far as Protein and water but I see the doctor on Wednesday. Good luck!
Same here. I had mine on 8/2 and the first 2 days were extremely rough. I had way more pain than I expected and felt like crap. Yesterday was much better and today has been pretty good alao. Worried about how I'm going to get all the Fluid and protein.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Just had my Gastric Sleeve done August 2nd. Im getting out the hospital today, August 5th, because of some issues with nausea. No one told me that could be a thing but I’m doing better now. Also, I saw some posts about Vitamins, Amazon sells vitamins called BariMelts. I got those and had to create a Vitamin spreadsheet (for real) because there are so many and so complicated. Anyway, I’m a bit scared because I was supposed to be doing this with a family member but, due to medical reasons, couldn’t complete the surgery. So now I’m in this alone and am kinda freaked out now. Any help/advice, especially for this 1st month, would be appreciated
I had unexpected complications also with pain and nausea. Don't be scared, it won't last. We're here for support

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Today I had my pre/op work done. Only one possible issue is my blood pressure was higher than they wanted. I need to work hard on getting it down if I can’t my surgery could get canceled. Set appointment with my primary dr. on Thursday maybe she can up my no dose . I can only try to get it down. Any suggestion?

On 08/06/2018 at 13:25, Heather_A said:

Hey surgery buddy! I wasn’t prepared for this either....it’s much harder than I thought. I just keep telling myself that each day will get better. They sent me home fairly quickly and I spent the first 48 hours vomiting anything I tried to put in my mouth including Water. Today is the first day where I’ve been able to have 1/3 of a yogurt cup and a few spoons of cream of chicken Soup. Pretty sure I’m not going according to plan as far as Protein and Water but I see the doctor on Wednesday. Good luck!
Hi Surgery buddy! They asked if I wanted to go home the next day but I was in pain and nauseated. So he advised I should stay instead on end up coming back to ER. Yes, we keep moving and the next day is always better. I can’t seem to get rid of my headache. I have had water, very little of a Protein Shake, and very little broth. Broth is horrible, if I may add. Not giving up though, we come too far! Good luck and god sped to us and anyone else with us!

I’m in the home stretch! RNY is 8/13 and my 3 day liquid diet begins Friday. In the meantime I’m making sure I have everything I’ll need (drinks/meds) on hand and stuff that my hubby can prepare for himself too. He is almost 3 months RNY postop and now it’s my turn ;)

Only 3 days? Well rock it in the Fluffy Grandma way, nobody does YOU better!

5 hours ago, TaylorMade4One said:

OMG!!!! That's my surgery date!!!! Doctor office just called. I have to be there at 5am! What are you getting? We should keep in touch!!

Hi! Still on hopefully for 8/13. I'm getting the duodenal switch surgery. Don't have an arrival time yet - I'm supposed to call the hospital after 6pm on Friday to find that out. I'm sure it'll probably be at the crack of dawn like yours!

On 8/2/2018 at 3:01 PM, Tdubs1980 said:

My surgery is August 13th as well!! How is your preop diet going? It sucks big time. Having less cravings though. Trying to stay less than 40 carbs per day and sugar free.

Hi! liquid-only Pre-Op diet royally sucks. I was already on it, but then my surgery was rescheduled, so I got a weeks reprieve but had to restart again. One week down, one week to go, but it feels like I haven't had a bite to eat in a year. I'll persevere though!

I have to stay under 10g of fat and under 30g of carbs. I'm living off 3 Protein Shakes a day and sugar free jello/popsicles. If you can actually eat real food on your diet, I enjoy you.

Rock it Kasey , you got this! Beat the worries and fears to death, YOU ARE POWER MAMA!

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, BadWolf523 said:

Gas is the only pain I’m feeling. I’m not even on any pain killers. I staying in the hospital for two days. I walked so much every nurse on the floor knew who I was. I’m currently sleeping on my couch my bed is too soft right now. I’m passing gas but no BM yet. First time in my life I’m excited about a BM. Hope your recovery goes extremely well

Badwolf523 hey hon, omg the gas pain was my main issue. Ad I think I am going to sleep on the couch because I am very uncomfortable in the bed. My husband helps me prop the pillows a certain way to help but I barely sleep comfortable. So I think we may be moving to the couch for a few days lol. When was your surgery day? Also, I hate taking the lquid Tylenol codeine, I feel so sleepy and dizzy when I take it , so I try to not to take it but my husband makes me becausje he knows the incisions are pretty sore.

I actually had a breakdown and cried a few hours ago to my husband and I told him I just want a yogurt, I want a taste in my mouth besides Water and Gatorade!! and for some reason I cant keep down my Protein Shakes. So yeah I freaked out for a moment and I'm better now. I feel like a child acting that way but this can be emotionally, mentally and physically draining to changed your entire life in the blink of an eye. BUt we got this lady lol.

Tell me your stats, and when was your surgery, etc. How are you feel overall?

Day 5 of liquid diet- surgery in 1.5 days.... 9am on Wednesday. Today driving to get my EKG and I see a bag of chips on the ground... for a split second I was outraged someone would waste them... then laughed. This liquid diet got me feeling like food had feelings- ha!

My sleeve date is August 20th, and I just began my 2 week pre-op liquid diet this morning!

Hi everyone! I'm getting a little nervous/excited now. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow 8/7, surgery scheduled for 8/15. Now that most of my checklist is done, I have more free time to worry. Thank you guys for coming back on this thread to update us on how you're feeling after surgery. I feel better with every update I read. Anyone scheduled for 8/15?

@afakasiwife I had my surgery on the 2nd left on the 4ththey gave me the Tylenol codeine as well and it came up faster than it went down. After asking my doctor I’ve been putting fruit and Peanut Butter in my shakes.
I’m feeling pretty good. I have a bit of soreness but that’s expected and I’m always tired which is also expected.
So far I’m down 5lbs. And my first preop appointment is on the 8th
HW:290 SW:268 CW:263