Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SO, I have had my surgery August 1st at 10:45 AM at Crescent Medical Center in Lancaster, TX. I was super nervous. The nurse tried to do an IV on me but I was dehydrated from not being able to eat or drink anything the day before so she tried a second time for and IV and barely found that one. Side note: I hate IV's especially when it has to get done twice.

I went into the OR and they didn't countdown they just put me to sleep. I awakened in recovery, my husband was there next to me. After my vitals were checked, they moved me to my room which was not that comfortable and quite small. She said he had done so many surgeries that morning that they ran out of the normal room so I was put in ICU.

I did not like the gas pain at all. The way everyone described the gas pain is nothing like it was for some odd reason. It was very uncomfortable, I could not get comfortable at all, I even start crying to my husband because I was so frustrated at the gas pain. It was this annoying ball of air bouncing around my stomach and chest that I could not get rid of. They gave me some chewable pill to help with gas; that did not help me at all!! The gas pain was so bad, I did not care about the soreness and pain of my 5 incisions. My husband said I was cursing up a storm.

The nurse said I had 5 goals to reach before I could discharged: urinating, drinking 2 cups of Water, using my spirometer, pain had to be below a 5 or getting better, and gas pain had to be getting better.

They did insert a catheter in me and did the leak test; both whilst I was sleeping. My urine was green for the first day because of the leak test. I kept drinking water, it helped my gas pain a lot because I was replacing the gas with water in my stomach so I began burping which helped a lot. I was discharge 3 hours after surgery and went to a follow up apt two days later and that was it. I have not had a bowel movement yet, I was told if I has had a BM in 5 days since surgery that I need to get Imodium to help with Constipation. I have passed gas which helped so much but still no BM> All I have been consuming and water and maybe 1 sip of Protein Drink since surgery.

Since starting this journey I weighed 287

At the time of surgery I weighed 277

As of right now I weigh 267.2; and this is only 4 days out from surgery.

I still crave some foods but I have self control and I know of I lost this much weight without getting out of bed, imagine when I began eating healthy and working out.

You all please walk!! Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip!! The gas pain will make you feel really crappy but walk and sip, you got this. Yes I was frustrated and still get frustrated but I push through. Goodluck you August sleevers!!

12 hours ago, afakasiwife said:

SO, I have had my surgery August 1st at 10:45 AM at Crescent Medical Center in Lancaster, TX. I was super nervous. The nurse tried to do an IV on me but I was dehydrated from not being able to eat or drink anything the day before so she tried a second time for and IV and barely found that one. Side note: I hate IV's especially when it has to get done twice.

I went into the OR and they didn't countdown they just put me to sleep. I awakened in recovery, my husband was there next to me. After my vitals were checked, they moved me to my room which was not that comfortable and quite small. She said he had done so many surgeries that morning that they ran out of the normal room so I was put in ICU.

I did not like the gas pain at all. The way everyone described the gas pain is nothing like it was for some odd reason. It was very uncomfortable, I could not get comfortable at all, I even start crying to my husband because I was so frustrated at the gas pain. It was this annoying ball of air bouncing around my stomach and chest that I could not get rid of. They gave me some chewable pill to help with gas; that did not help me at all!! The gas pain was so bad, I did not care about the soreness and pain of my 5 incisions. My husband said I was cursing up a storm.

The nurse said I had 5 goals to reach before I could discharged: urinating, drinking 2 cups of Water, using my spirometer, pain had to be below a 5 or getting better, and gas pain had to be getting better.

They did insert a catheter in me and did the leak test; both whilst I was sleeping. My urine was green for the first day because of the leak test. I kept drinking Water, it helped my gas pain a lot because I was replacing the gas with water in my stomach so I began burping which helped a lot. I was discharge 3 hours after surgery and went to a follow up apt two days later and that was it. I have not had a bowel movement yet, I was told if I has had a BM in 5 days since surgery that I need to get Imodium to help with Constipation. I have passed gas which helped so much but still no BM> All I have been consuming and water and maybe 1 sip of Protein Drink since surgery.

Since starting this journey I weighed 287

At the time of surgery I weighed 277

As of right now I weigh 267.2; and this is only 4 days out from surgery.

I still crave some foods but I have self control and I know of I lost this much weight without getting out of bed, imagine when I began eating healthy and working out.

You all please walk!! Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip!! The gas pain will make you feel really crappy but walk and sip, you got this. Yes I was frustrated and still get frustrated but I push through. Goodluck you August sleevers!!

Gas is the only pain I’m feeling. I’m not even on any pain killers. I staying in the hospital for two days. I walked so much every nurse on the floor knew who I was. I’m currently sleeping on my couch my bed is too soft right now. I’m passing gas but no BM yet. First time in my life I’m excited about a BM. Hope your recovery goes extremely well

@diane60 congrats!!! From what I have heard, best decision you have made for yourself :) I have my surgery on August 13th!!! So we are close.

Thanks so much for the support. I don’t have much family support I have a twin sister who is dead set against me and wants to bring up every negative thing she has heard about the surgery. But I do have a supportive daughter in California who might come home to be with me on that day.

Hello all👋🏽 I’m here to make new friends that will go through this journey with me I’m a little nervous but it’s always good to have the support and other people who have the same experiences my surgery is on August 28

Did anyone else get sick literally right before their surgery date? I am TOMORROW but I think I caught a bug when I went for pre-op testing (it was at the hospital) so didnt show symptoms until Thursday. All that is left is an earache (ow) and cough which is chronic for me....but I am worried they will cancel tomorrow morning! I am already off work, and would need a note to return at least a week before, and have been on shots (expensive). I don't think I can handle if they postpone!

Yeouch, not good. Force fluids, couldn't hurt, if you weren't so close I'd suggest an antihistamine to reduce fluids my own PCP would recommend Lasix , I swear,he thinks diuretics and Prednisone Dose-packs cure the🌏!

Just had my Gastric Sleeve done August 2nd. Im getting out the hospital today, August 5th, because of some issues with nausea. No one told me that could be a thing but I’m doing better now. Also, I saw some posts about Vitamins, Amazon sells vitamins called BariMelts. I got those and had to create a Vitamin spreadsheet (for real) because there are so many and so complicated. Anyway, I’m a bit scared because I was supposed to be doing this with a family member but, due to medical reasons, couldn’t complete the surgery. So now I’m in this alone and am kinda freaked out now. Any help/advice, especially for this 1st month, would be appreciated

I had my RNY on Friday. Guess o wasn’t prepared for the gas pain. It was sooo bad. I’ve been told that my heart beat is slow. They checked it several times and couldn’t see anything wrong. I’m about to go home and I can’t wait to get in my bed. Thanks guys for checking on me. I really appreciate it!

42 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Yeouch, not good. Force fluids, couldn't hurt, if you weren't so close I'd suggest an antihistamine to reduce fluids my own PCP would recommend Lasix , I swear,he thinks diuretics and Prednisone Dose-packs cure the🌏!

It is more the cough I am worried about. Likely have mild COPD so have a chronic cough... but if there is wheezing that is new and may postpone!!! I guess I can chug fluids until 6pm which is when I have to go nil by mouth but... I don't know!

@YoBL congrats on your surgery! I had the RNY on Wednesday and I have to agree the gas pains are terrible!! I’ve been trying to walk as much as possible to get it all out. The belching is also awful which I assume is from the gas.
Good luck with everything on your journey!

My surgery is the 29 th 9 am. Can’t wait. Start my 2 week pre op liquid on the 14 th. It’s just around the corner. Stats HW 257 1/2018
CW 234 8/4/2018
SW. ? 8/29/2018
GW. 165. 12/2018

2 hours ago, Carolinaaa3 said:

Hello all👋🏽 I’m here to make new friends that will go through this journey with me I’m a little nervous but it’s always good to have the support and other people who have the same experiences my surgery is on August 28

Hi there, I am scheduled for RNY bypass, and it is 28th also. That makes 4 or 5 of us with the same date. Welcome!

@YoBL I hope the gas pain gets better and u have a fast recovery!