Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@badwolf523.
U will do great, I had mine yesterday morning. Only pain I have is where the drain was left so any type of fluids will drain out. I had the X-ray which had to drink the barium it was nasty but thing were all good to start my liquids!
Good luck you to!!

23 minutes ago, BadWolf523 said:

Just got to the hospital. I’m super nervous. Other than the excess weight I’m pretty healthy so I’m low risk for complications but still nervous.

Good luck, you will do great. Ask for meds if your in pain after and ones that work for you.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, AMarriedNerd said:

I feel bad for anyone who has to do a extensive liquid diet before their suurgey. I have to do a 3 day liquid for my August 3rd date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Today I do all Clear Liquids before surgery tomorrow. Are you ready?

1 hour ago, BadWolf523 said:

Just got to the hospital. I’m super nervous. Other than the excess weight I’m pretty healthy so I’m low risk for complications but still nervous.

Good luck !! Let us know how you are when you can.

9 hours ago, besleeveit18 said:

Hey!! I am scheduled for Monday, August 6th. I am super nervous! I guess mostly that I won't loose any weight after this surgery.

Ahhh dont worry about that. As long as you stick to the plan they gave you , you will rock this.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:40 PM, _Shane_ said:

Hi!

I was just notified today that my insurance approved the surgery! Surgery date is August 13th. Pretty exciting!

You nervous?

My surgery is August 13th as well!! How is your preop diet going? It sucks big time. Having less cravings though. Trying to stay less than 40 carbs per day and sugar free.

3 hours ago, YoBL said:

Good luck !! Let us know how you are when you can.

Prayers to you!! I bet you rocked it!!

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, ALEandVSG said:

I just got my surgery date and I want to make some August surgery friends so we can share our ups and downs in the weight loss journey.

Hey ! This is Tina from NH. I have a surgery date of August 13th!! When is yours. Starting to get very nervous. This preop diet is awful. I am so sick of lettuce and meat.

On 07/31/2018 at 23:09, ChellNC said:

Has anyone else already ordered their medic alert Bracelet or necklace? My surgery isn't until the 23rd so I thought I should wait until closer to order it.

I’ve seen bracelets on Etsy but what’s it for really?

@Tdubs1980 you get to eat meat!? Your one of the lucky ones. I’ve only been able to eat non starchy veggies. It’s I mind thing you know. I had a headache the first two days f the pre op diet. Being nervous is normal especially with surgery. You will do fine though. Just keep in mind how much healthy you will be or how good you willl look in a few month.

You are so right. Yes....I can eat meat. Its low carb to shrink liver. I'll be on full liquids 2 days before. I can't wait til it's all over!! The hardest thing was stopping drinking diet coke 10 weeks ago. Thanks for your support!!!

Congrats to everyone for their upcoming surgery, please keep us posted on how your doing and how much more BEAUTIFUL YOUR BECOMING.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:30 PM, ttj3mom said:

@ChellNC I have not heard of this, did the doctor say why?? Another worry now lol

Last night I found this & posted in another thread.

Here is something I found online about a medical alert Bracelet. Hope this is okay to post.

"5 reasons gastric bypass patients need a medical alert bracelet

1 ) You should not be given NSAIDS

NSAIDS, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, are known to have a few side effects when taken under normal use. These include ulcers, an increased chance of bleeding, and liver or kidney problems.

And that's just for a person who hasn't been through a major surgery like gastric bypass!

The point of a medical alert Bracelet is to let people know about your condition in an emergency. NSAIDS are commonly used in medicine, so alerting the staff of your bypass can give them the chance to find another medicine to treat you.

For people who have had a gastric bypass, NSAIDS can be problematic for newly constructed stomachs that haven't gotten the chance to build up protection against irritants like NSAIDS.

2 ) A Blind NG tube is dangerous for you

Blind NG tubes are inserted through the nose of a patient who needs to be fed through a tube after a medical emergency.

It's usually fed through with no problems, as doctors know how to do this procedure on normal anatomy.

But after a gastric bypass, only a medical alert bracelet can let your healthcare team know that you no longer have "normal" anatomy.

A bypass changes the way your stomach is shaped and how it sits, meaning a blind NG tube is likely to break through your stomach walls and cause vast damage.

This is especially true because gastric bypass patients do have stomachs that are more sensitive to damage.

If your medical team knows about your gastric bypass, then they will incorporate a different method that is equally helpful but cuts down on the risk of damaging your stomach.

3 ) A limited intake of sugar is important

Hospitals have variations in the diets and medications they can give patients depending on their medical history.

Gastric bypass patients need to actively avoid excess sugar intake for a few reasons.

It can heighten any problems related to diabetes, which is common in overweight individuals. It can also cause severe diarrhea in people who have had a gastric bypass.

It's also important for your healthcare team to know about your bypass through your medical alert bracelet so that they can continue giving you the right diet.

For gastric bypass patients, this means high Fiber and low sugar!

4 ) Complications can be found faster

Having a gastric bypass surgery is a major operation. It's done to transform your health and quality of life, yet it can have complications.

In the rare cases when a complication happens, it's important to get treatment as soon as possible!

You could potentially experience bleeding, blood clots, or a rupture in your new stomach pouch.

Hernias are also known to happen as well as infections, leaking, or ulcers.

These cases can be fixed with usually simple procedures, but knowing is the only way staff can address them before more complications arise.

So when you are brought into a hospital, a medical alert bracelet can work wonders in letting the staff narrow down what could be happening to you. It can ultimately save your life.

5 ) Your solid food will need to be limited

If you need to be fed while you're in the hospital, then staff should be aware that you need to have your solid food limited.

Because your stomach size has been greatly reduced through the surgery, anyone placing a feeding tube will have to know that your stomach is smaller and cannot handle a large amount of food.

When someone with a gastric bypass is fed large amounts of foods, a few things can happen that your team needs to know. If they do, then they can properly adjust your in-hospital diet and look for signs that a complication from overeating is the reason you were brought in.

Overeating can stretch your new pouch, rupture it, and cause your body to reject the food.

Regardless of the situation, a medical alert bracelet can keep your medical team totally up-to-speed on what is going on with you so that treatment can be effective and quick.

And everyone at N-Style ID loves keeping our customers up-to-date with the latest information about medical alerts and other topics on our blog.

You never know when an emergency could happen, and that's why these bracelets are designed to be stylish and useful."

@ChellNC I can see now why it would be important. Thanks for sharing