Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awww, thank you so much for that. Im actually getting pretty nervous and idk why. But the prayers will be greatly needed thanks again!!! I will update soon

August 8th here! Was doing great on the two-week liquid diet minus the mood swings, hunger cravings, and willingness to murder someone in exchange for tacos, ya know...typrical human behavior.

Yesterday the cravings got the best of me and I made the rookie move of attempting to have one small solid meal, which turned into one large solid meal...which then turned into an actual slip-up. It was disheartening and embarrassing, especially since I've lost 41 lbs pre-op with really only one or two minor falterings.

Today it's almost dinner and I'm back on track. Just joined this site today hoping I can find some strength and understanding from others who know what I'm feeling. Congrats to everyone on their progress so far! We're almost there.

2 minutes ago, Jill1966 said:

New York State of mind. 41 lbs you are doing something right !!! Don’t beat y yourself up. Keep going !! That’s awesome !!!

Thank you for saying so. It is bizarre, throughout the process of losing the 41 lbs pre-op...the only time I'd ever crave the really "bad' stuff would be when someone was eating it near me. Other than that I was becoming so content with healthy foods and smaller portions. For whatever reasons the liquid diet (maybe because of all the artificial sweetener) has given me the worst cravings for the worst things. Either way, onward!

And NY state of Mind I am right behind you, Jill and the rest, Mine is September 5th and I'm looking to youvasca friend with a success story to tell. Don't let me down and more importantly don't let YOURSELF down. You are on your journey to glory and we believe in YOU!😝👍😝Just over a week, I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!

Just now, Frustr8 said:

And NY state of Mind I am right behind you, Jill and the rest, Mine is September 5th and I'm looking to youvasca friend with a success story to tell. Don't let me down and more importantly don't let YOURSELF down. You are on your journey to glory and we believe in YOU!😝👍😝Just over a week, I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!

We're cheering you on too! Thanks for all the support! You got this too!

4 hours ago, megrl05 said:

I’m scheduled for August 14! I’m super excited- starting pre-surgery liquid diet next weekend- which I’m nervous about!

I am also on August 14th for the sleeve in Georgia. I dont have to do a pre op diet. Not complaining , lol. I can still wish you along

On 7/28/2018 at 12:18 PM, ZeroCool said:

Ooh hi, we're close to surgery twins! Mine's scheduled for the 17th :)

My date is August 17th!!! I found my surgery twin! Are you nervous? I am but also very excited!

On 07/29/2018 at 17:22, NewYorkStateofMind said:

August 8th here! Was doing great on the two-week liquid diet minus the mood swings, hunger cravings, and willingness to murder someone in exchange for tacos, ya know...typrical human behavior.

Yesterday the cravings got the best of me and I made the rookie move of attempting to have one small solid meal, which turned into one large solid meal...which then turned into an actual slip-up. It was disheartening and embarrassing, especially since I've lost 41 lbs pre-op with really only one or two minor falterings.

Today it's almost dinner and I'm back on track. Just joined this site today hoping I can find some strength and understanding from others who know what I'm feeling. Congrats to everyone on their progress so far! We're almost there.

41 lbs pre-op wow!!! Way to go. I just completed a week of liquid diet and only lost 9 lbs. surgery is August 6. Also looking to find August surgery friends. Wondering how to make a group. Definitely hear you on the murdering someone in exchange for tacos. Ugh still craving so many foods. But starting to accept and appreciate the veggies I’m eating that I never loved before.

@_Shane_ I’m August 13 as well. Tomorrow starts my two week liquid diet. Which isn’t really all liquid

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Hello all!!

My surgery date is August 6, I’m a little nervous , but a good nervous , I’ve been reading, going to my kaiser classes and trolling this site , so I’m full of knowledge and I’m determined to be successful. My surgery is in San Diego , anyone else having surgery in August , in San Diego ? Would love to chat, you know compare notes 🤩, I’m really interested in what kind of workouts you guys are doing, how often , how long etc

@NewYorkStateofMind 41lbs! That is amazing. Don’t even for a second beat yourself up we’re only human 😉

I hope you all don’t mind me asking if you guys are going to take before pics? I’m one of those annoying planner people so I’m documenting every step of my journey. I just wanted to see if anyone is a weirdo like me lol

I plan to take pics and measurements. Not sure if/when i might share them. Also plan to track and journal alot of what happens along the way.