Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

So, how often do you guys weigh yourself? I dropped weight post op everyday until today - I actually weighed a pound heavier. (I'm on post op Day 6) How can that be when I am on a liquid diet? I figure my stomach is still trying to adjust to what happened. But I am honestly freaking out about it. Has anyone else experienced this?

even though is not recommended i do it everyday!

My doctor advised to weigh once a week. Our bodies are constantly changing with Fluid levels and such and weights will vary day to day. Always weigh yourself same time of day as well. It is tough though-I’m two weeks post op and I just want to keep seeing that number drop.

Once a week. same day. As soon as you wake up in the morning go to the bathroom and then weigh yourself. DO NOT weigh yourself everyday. Do not worry, weight will keep coming off and you will hit your goal. Follow the rules and understand, it is a tool not a solution. Most important, stay active and do weights to keep the muscles. Otherwise, you will lose fat and muscles at the same time. I work out 5 days a week, live 50 miles away from my mouse. and work 9 hours a day and yet I find time to workout and do cardio.

I weigh myself everyday I am home. In the morning, after I use the restroom.

BUT, I am not at all freaked out by stalls and gains. Annoyed, yes, but I know that I can't expect losses day after day.

I weigh myself most mornings. Always in my nightgown and undies. If I see something funky with the scale, like saying I gained, when I know that's impossible, I stay off for a couple days. I also don't weigh the entire week of my lady friend.

I officially weigh-in at my doctor's office every time I'm seen, which has been weekly so far. I weigh my self every day at home when I get up just to watch for trends. I also weigh in every day or so at the medical office at work. I do this mostly as a break from sitting at my computer all day. I stop in either before or after one of my walks. Again it is just for trending. I'm honestly not worried about the weight so much as the bulk. I want to weigh less, of course, but I want to be smaller.

Once a week at the same time each week.

Twice a week- first thing in the morning and naked haha every ounce counts 😂

3 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

naked haha every ounce counts 😂

Same here! I consider it my true weight :lol:

I weigh every day as soon as I wake up. I don't know why, it's been a habit for as many years as I can remember. I don't freak if I'm up a lb or so occasionally because it's typically Water weight, and if I'm retaining I know I need to drink more. I only record my weight for a progress record once a week on Monday, so that's where I look at my trend.

Just an aside, I have a friend who said she records her weight weekly, but only if she lost, she won't record her gains or stalls. I find it helpful though, because if I stall or gain, I can look back at my food journal and see what I was doing differently, or see what I was eating when I was making the best progress.

every Saturday morning and the first of each month since i had surgery on the first.

I weigh myself daily as soon as I wake up and use the bathroom. In my mind I feel it is easier to lose 1 or 2 pounds if I am gaining then to have to lose let's say 5 pounds. Keeps me honest. Never want to get back to where I once was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don’t own a scale. I have told my doctors that I don’t want to own a scale. This is a part of my recovery from my mental illness and eating disorder. I get weighed when I go to the doctor. My weight was stable for 2 years before surgery this way, and I have no fear that it will be different post surgery. I’m far more interested in these numbers: blood sugar, blood pressure, resting and active heart rate.