Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any chance you have a website or link I could look into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used bariatrix. http://drwizman.com/
There was 2 surgeons, I used dr taggar ;but he recently moved closer to his family. Everyone loves dr wizman.

https://www.drshillingford.com/ dont know much about him, but when I was researching, everything was favorable. He has prices on his website.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

The only place I would consider myself is Bariatric Pal MX. I'm not saying the rest could not be good, there may be a few ok but Bariatric Pal Founder Alex Brecher underwent surgery last Spring there. He could have afforded self pay in the USA or anywhere else, yet he trusted Dr I plan enough to have his surgery There. If you find nowhere in US , please consider there. And I am not in their employ and never was. I just am a Buckeye lady who tries to tell the truth always..

The Doctor's office Name is Illian please excuse my evil spell check. I don't think my smartphone had English as a First Language.

The only place I would consider myself is Bariatric Pal MX. I'm not saying the rest could not be good, there may be a few ok but Bariatric Pal Founder Alex Brecher underwent surgery last Spring there. He could have afforded self pay in the USA or anywhere else, yet he trusted Dr I plan enough to have his surgery There. If you find nowhere in US , please consider there. And I am not in their employ and never was. I just am a Buckeye lady who tries to tell the truth always..

Seems like a really good option from what I've read so far!

16k here in Texas

self pay $15k plus medical clearance test ( blood work, EKG, x-ray) which is done at my own doctors. No sleep study required or Psych.

good Luck

And where in California are you?

Mine was 8899 and that includes everything except the psych evaluation which was $150. It even includes the hernia repair if needed. It’s with Bariatrix Florida and they are a center of excellence for Bariatric surgery.

@Frustr8 Orange County

Wow the O.C., girl you are legendary. Very happy to meet and now know you!

On 07/27/2018 at 00:03, kthomsen0688 said:

Hello all!

Considering gastric sleeve.

Curious to know about any “self pay” experiences, avg cost, was it what you expected? Did the doc/staff/financial people communicate well?

Also- does everyone have to do a sleep study, pre procedure items, or are some of those waived in certain instances.

I have been in counseling, on a VLCD for 5 yrs without success, and age 30, considered “low BMI”surgical candidate. I wouldn’t think I would need a psych evaluation and a sleep study. Want to save $$$.

Any thoughts???

I had mine done in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Cost of the full package (blood tests, labs, ECG, stress tests, two nights stay, and of course the surgery) was equivalent to $8100.

Here in Denver my cost is $12,150. I had to pay $7,800 to the hospital and $4,350 to my surgeon. My advice - ask lots of questions about payment options.

I only had enough cash for a part of my surgery but had care credit available from a previous procedure. My surgeon didn’t have any info on his website about payment/financing so when I brought up Care Credit he offered to set up an account so I could finance his cost.

The hospital doesn’t do any type of financing but they have a lot of self pay patients so they said they could even allow patients to spread the cost across multiple credit cards if needed. Lol

And of course all fees had to be paid prior to surgery.

I did one psych evaluation, 1 nutritionist appt, and 3 classes about the process/diet.
I had to give some blood, get a 5 min EKG, and pee in a cup. No scope, no sleep study, no bacteria test, and no requirement to lose weight before surgery.

I was self pay. It was $14,000 + sleep study, psych eval and 2 week putrid liquid pre op diet

Edited by Jdesmond73

@Nicki33319: what was your experience with Bariatrix Florida - would you recommend them?

[mention=343075]Nicki33319[/mention]: what was your experience with Bariatrix Florida - would you recommend them?
I used bariatrix too. I'm almost 1 year out, lost 62 lbs and feel good.
There was 2 surgeons, I used dr taggar ;but he recently moved closer to his family. Everyone loves Dr wizman and dr Taggar. I recommend them to everyone.

I have no complaints. I wrote a detailed review after my surgery, I think you can find it through my profile somehow, or under Dr wizmans name in the surgeons directory.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app