Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant get enough calories and protein in. Help

You can get a pill crusher from the pharmacy...crush your pills and swallow the powder with a little sugar free Cool Whip. Works terrific!

Get your Protein in, even if you hate it. You need to protect your muscles from wasting....one of your muscles that can be harmed is your heart...so work hard on your protein goal. (drink the gross shakes if you have to)

Make sure you're drinking enough Water, too.

Best wishes!

Avocados and nuts are packed with calories and are very healthy foods that go down very easy.

Consider Protein Bars, greek yogurt, refried Beans, baked potato with lowfat cheese on top. All good early foods.

Good luck!

Also....talk to your group about the calories you're eating and your inability to get your Vitamins in....they might want to run some bloodwork to see if you're running short on Iron. They'll have some good suggestions for helping you to get your diet straightened out, too.

Hang in there...it gets better:)

1 hour ago, eso0402 said:

So I am one month 24 days post op. Lost 57 pounds so far. Im back at work and feeling really week. Cant keep big pills in which is a problem since Vitamins and other stuff i gotta take is big. I hate Protein Shakes and Im only at around 400 calories when i should be at a 1000. Any tips or help?

Does your program say you should be at 1000?

Hello

I am sorry your having issues with getting in your Protein. Some ways to add protein to your diet is to add some unflavored protein to it. I have used Unjury unfloavored powder. I added in anything I could to boost protein.

Additionally look for protein Water, Peanut Butter, ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, eggs, nuts and Beans like others have suggested.

As for the Vitamins if you can’t swallow them look into liquid ones. I couldn’t swallow them still can’t 8 years out. I use the chewable or liquid ones. They help a lot.

Hope things get better.

Not sure what stage you are on but i was eating soft foods:
- Greek yogurt
- cottage cheese
- eggs with cheese, mild salsa, hummus, avocado, finely diced ham
- rotisserie chicken with low sodium gravy
- baked salmon
- Soups with added Protein Powder
- tuna, egg, or chicken salad with Greek yogurt and mayo
- Beans, black and retried
- banana mixed with PB2, and Protein powder
- baked sweet potato
- roasted squash or zucchini
- FairLife milk (13grams protein per cup) & SF chocolate Syrup.
My plan allowed a lot back in around a months time. So def follow your plan. Just remember that actual food adds up more calories than shakes. Snacks are OK too. I ate 5-6 small meals for the longest time. Still manage at least 1 snack now.

Eso0402

can you order them online? Unjury.com sells the Protein in a lot of flavours and also sells the chewable vitamins. Also Amazon.com sells some as well. Hope this helps.

You can get powdered Vitamins at gettespo.com
You just mix with 1.5 oz of Water (if they deliver internationally).
They make bariatric formulas.

I hate prepared Protein Shakes. I make my own in the blender with whole milk (makes a huge difference and you're not using that much) and fresh fruit. Also, some Protein powders taste a lot better than others. I'm partial to Isopure (available at GNC) and Optimum Nutrition (available at Trader Joe's).

I make a blender full in the morning and put it in three insulated travel mugs I take with me. I have one on the drive to work, one with/for lunch, and the third one after I leave the gym at about 6 (I have a small diner at about 7).

Fairlife milk has 50% more Protein than normal milk.

Try sugar free Jello pudding, with unflavored Protein mix. It's awesome. Make sure to use a high quality protein mix like GENEPRO.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

You should be in or past puree stage right?.
So try canned tuna fish, canned salmon, canned chicken breast, all nice soft and squishy.

String cheese also has a good amount or Protein too.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/25/2018 at 5:52 AM, CJFW said:

Hello

I am sorry your having issues with getting in your Protein. Some ways to add Protein to your diet is to add some unflavored protein to it. I have used Unjury unfloavored powder. I added in anything I could to boost protein.

Additionally look for protein Water, Peanut Butter, ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, eggs, nuts and Beans like others have suggested.

As for the Vitamins if you can’t swallow them look into liquid ones. I couldn’t swallow them still can’t 8 years out. I use the chewable or liquid ones. They help a lot.

Hope things get better.

Garbanzo Beans have tons of protein.