Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anybody else been concerned about losing to much weight? I’m 6 days post op and I’m down 13 pounds so far and I’m already off my blood pressure medicine and haven’t had to use my nebulizer..of course I choose the procedure mostly because my healthy was failing but the pass few days I’ve been thinking about losing to much weight..I was hoping to lose 80 pounds that’s it hoping to get down to 200 and keep some of my curves...I never wanted to be skinny but I can’t stop thinking about it especially after today the guy told me I have no control over how much weight I lose...how do you maintain your weight once you meet your goal?

I am still pre-op but I was told by my surgeon that once I reach my goal weight, I will have another appointment with the nutritionist and at that time I'll get a more specific plan for caloric intake to maintain that weight. Your goal weight is set by you and your surgical team. If you want to be around 200 pounds and your doctor says that is a healthy weight for you, then that works.

It comes off fast the first couple of months. You'll stall and feel bad about it, but the weight will come off again. I have lost almost 60 in 6 months. That's since my operation day. I haven't lost my big booty though! Hahaha! I never had much up top, so IDK about that.

This is tricky , you have to usually wait until you get to your low, it appears, then there is automatic regain of a few pounds (idk why) ,then a few years later more regain of a few pounds (still no clue why)

I worry because I want my skin to stay intact. I'm starting to see some loose skin and I'm not a fan

Edited by Tealael

@MissSimpson thanks great I was hoping to lose 45 between now and December...my friend never met her weightloss goal she went from 240 to 180 and that was it but she want disclose how she stopped it she a curvy to but I hoping to lose some butt and boobies but not to much

@Taelael I’m hoping to not go any lower than 180-185..I carry my weight in my boobs and butt I do have a stomach but it doesn’t hang and I haven’t had any children yet my doctor said I shouldn’t have that much skin to be concerned about but I’m saving now for a breast lift and Tummy Tuck next year just in case

You will loose fast in the first few months after surgery. I started at 298 was 275 when sleeved in 2010. I went down to 135. My goal was 125 (I’m 5”2’). I never got to my goal I began looking like a skeleton with skin. I stopped the liquid and didn’t measure anything and basically ate till I was full. Well here I am 8 years our and I fluctuate between 165-185. Depending how active I am.

I never lost my butt or hips or boobs. I lost mostly the excess fat on my thighs, arms and back and belly.

So it is possibly to get to goal or below and still keep your curves. Just remember that the lower your weight the healthier it is on your heart and organs.

Take it slow and don’t worry. Your body will find its new normal and you will be ok. Just remember that it’s 3x harder to loose the weight once it’s gained back. I know I have been trying for over a year now. Old habits are hard to break.

Best of luck.

I'm 70 lbs down, and my curves are still here. I have 30 more to go, and I'm confident that my curves will only get better :)

175.thumb.jpg.b8e51c83c7b64bb6bb2207c416750fd1.jpg

1 hour ago, Boujee_Susie said:

how do you maintain your weight once you meet your goal?

As it happens...I just took a poo...and hit goal:) LOL!

I've already talked to my nutritionist about stopping the loss (knew goal was coming in the next week or two and discussed it last week). Will up my calories to 1400-1600 and see if that doesn't do the trick:)

Still planning on eating really healthy, but it will be nice to have an extra calorie budget for more whole grains, fruits, healthy Snacks after work outs. Will not be slowing up on my activity. Have started running again, and I'm addicted. Feels so damned good to be able to run again!!!

Bring on the oatmeal with dried cherries and pecans for breakfast! Throw a little more avocado in my BLT wrap:)

A yasso frozen yogurt bar after dinner? Don't mind if I do:)

Will still keep my refined carbs under 75 calories per day, and will eat tons of Beans, nuts and delicious stuff.

LOVE my forever diet:)

13 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

WOOT! Lookin good, Sillykitty!

Thanks! I feel sexy af!

HUGE congrats to you on hitting goal!!!! :D:D:D:D

Isn't feeling sexy af...like....the best feeling in the world? LOL!

Thanks! I'm pretty excited:) :D

It is! But a very inopportune time to be single af though! :lol:

Edited by sillykitty

1 hour ago, Creekimp13 said:

As it happens...I just took a poo...and hit goal:) LOL!

I've already talked to my nutritionist about stopping the loss (knew goal was coming in the next week or two and discussed it last week). Will up my calories to 1400-1600 and see if that doesn't do the trick:)

Still planning on eating really healthy, but it will be nice to have an extra calorie budget for more whole grains, fruits, healthy Snacks after work outs. Will not be slowing up on my activity. Have started running again, and I'm addicted. Feels so damned good to be able to run again!!!

Bring on the oatmeal with dried cherries and pecans for breakfast! Throw a little more avocado in my BLT wrap:)

A yasso frozen yogurt bar after dinner? Don't mind if I do:)

Will still keep my refined carbs under 75 calories per day, and will eat tons of Beans, nuts and delicious stuff.

LOVE my forever diet:)

LOL! That is how I used to make weight when I wrestled in high school! Always take a big dump before weigh-in! Congratz!

I thought I would stop around 175. I'm about 128. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app