Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 minutes ago, Kaylee.char said:

No i actually use Smarty Pants Women's Complete, i get all my NUT recommended Vitamins. I also take an extra Calcium Gummy.

Here is the Smarty Pants Women's Complete Organic.

Still not nearly as complete as most programs recommend

smartypants.jpg.1e55e5e4bae81cdbec7fcf123b9ae907.jpg

Just now, AshAsh1 said:

Interesting. Its amazing all the different programs out there.

It really is! I've noticed that after joining this site, everybody has a different journey but its nice to know all the options everyone gets!

Just now, sillykitty said:

Here is the Smarty Pants Women's Complete Organic.

Still not nearly as complete as most programs recommend

smartypants.jpg.1e55e5e4bae81cdbec7fcf123b9ae907.jpg

Ok that's fine, ill do me and you do you.

9 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

None with these whatsoever. I take it before bed, which is recommended to do with prenatal Vitamins as well, because they can cause nausea.

Hmmm ... I'm tempted.

But I've definitely gotten nausea with taking pills at bedtime. Then that double sucks, I'm nauseous and can't sleep :unsure:

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Hmmm ... I'm tempted.

But I've definitely gotten nausea with taking pills at bedtime. Then that double sucks, I'm nauseous and can't sleep :unsure:

I could send you some to try?! If you think they would hold up OK in the mail?

2 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I could send you some to try?! If you think they would hold up OK in the mail?

Uh, yeah, that would be great! :D

I've already given away 4 different types of multi because they upset my stomach. The only good thing is they went to my neighbor who was sleeved 2 months before me, and she has no issues with them.

On 07/26/2018 at 16:41, AshAsh1 said:

did your NUT actually suggest a "gummy" because most WLS patients can't break down gummies due to a lack of stomach acid?

Agreed. I bought a multi Vitamin Gummy & my nut had stated I shouldn’t take gummy bc we can’t break them down fully as well as they usually aren’t withholding the same amount of Vitamins as a regular capsule or Multivitamin pill

18 minutes ago, Kaylee.char said:

Ok that's fine, ill do me and you do you.

Sorry, if you are happy with them that is great, truly

My posts were more for people who might be reading and looking for answers, as to why gummies are often not approved for WLS patients.

42 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

gummies are usually discouraged because we don't have enough stomach acid to break them down after surgery. Just an FYI.

Oh really, bummer!!

1 minute ago, Rileyjay1821 said:

Oh really, bummer!!

Check with your surgeon's office. I don't even trust my NUT with those kinds of questions. NUTs are trained in general nutrition, but don't always have the best concept of our anatomy after surgery. I've just heard more people say that they aren't allowed, than those who say they are. It makes sense too, with the amount of stomach acid to break down a Gummy, we just don't have that.

5 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Check with your surgeon's office. I don't even trust my NUT with those kinds of questions. NUTs are trained in general nutrition, but don't always have the best concept of our anatomy after surgery. I've just heard more people say that they aren't allowed, than those who say they are. It makes sense too, with the amount of stomach acid to break down a Gummy, we just don't have that.

Wow I feel like I'm learning so much! Thank you! Luckily I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow, I really appreciate all the help!!

1 minute ago, Rileyjay1821 said:

Wow I feel like I'm learning so much! Thank you! Luckily I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow, I really appreciate all the help!!

Your welcome :) That's what we are here for!

On 7/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, AshAsh1 said:

did your NUT actually suggest a "gummy" because most WLS patients can't break down gummies due to a lack of stomach acid?

My NUT and my Dr. said dummies are fine, just to make sure you chew them correctly. There's still acid in your stomach, or nothing that passes through would digest. I'm about to switch to a prenatal Vitamin, though. My hair is falling out like crazy, even though I take a Multi-Vitamin and a dissolvable Biotin supplement.

Edited by MissSimpson

I always thought it also was because the first ingredient is corn Syrup, after dodging the "sugar calorie" bullet you want to let gratuitous concentrated sweetner back in? Not me!

Rileyjay, I got my sleeve 7/11 and am having the same issues. I take BariMelts for multi Vitamin, Biotin and Iron. I have different brands for B12 and calcium chews. But they all taste awful. I find the soluble pills are least terrible if you take them with a swig of OJ and let them melt a bit in your mouth with the juice before you swallow. At this point, I haven’t bothered trying to mix them into smoothie bc I’m consuming such small volumes of liquids.