Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wonder when this nausea feeling will go away 😞

I had my surgery on July 18th . This has been the worst week ever. It almost reminds me of when I pregnant with my youngest soon( Staying Nauseated all the time). I just want to know is the second week going be this bad too. I’m about to start week 2 tomorrow. Praying for a better week. Feel free anyone please to share your 2 week of after surgery diet experience etc. with me. Thanks

Edited by Snow 78

5 minutes ago, Snow 78 said:

I had my surgery on July 18th . This has been the worst week ever. It almost reminds me of when I pregnant with my youngest soon( Staying Nauseated all the time). I just want to know is the second week going be this bad too. I’m about to start week 2 tomorrow. Praying for a better week. Feel free anyone please to share your 2 week of after surgery diet experience etc. with me. Thanks

I have the same thing now pain on the right side. The doc called in something for nausea ,Our dates are the same.

Are you taking anything for nausea? I was sent home with some phenergan gel to apply to my wrists and it was a life saver!

I was very nauseous for 2 weeks afterwards and then it stopped almost overnight. I only get nauseous now if I eat too fast. Remember your stomach is healing. Take things slowly and sip. I did better having ice cubes and sipping as the ice melted. It gets SO much better. Hang in there.

Thank you ! I was told sip Water and ice chips. It gives me a little relief😔. Starting tomorrow I can start with the Protein Shakes. Also what Soups you think are good. After all the chicken broth etc. I so hate it now . Also the smell of it makes me sick.

Edited by Snow 78

Try caring temperatures of liquids to see if any difference affects you or try sugar free Popsicle's if they are on your plan.

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

I hate to sound negative.... 10 months post op and I still very much get nauseous and vomiting... all the darn time. It’s just how it is... I’ve accepted that. I’m sure down the road it’ll go away.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:24 PM, SGirl35 said:

I hate to sound negative.... 10 months post op and I still very much get nauseous and vomiting... all the darn time. It’s just how it is... I’ve accepted that. I’m sure down the road it’ll go away.

If I concentrate on putting my spoon down and chewing every bite completely, it slows down my eating and I don't get nauseous. This is difficult when eating with others because we all tend to eat quickly.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, Snow 78 said:

Thank you ! I was told sip Water and ice chips. It gives me a little relief😔. Starting tomorrow I can start with the Protein Shakes. Also what Soups you think are good. After all the chicken broth etc. I so hate it now . Also the smell of it makes me sick.

I added unflavored Protein to vegetable and Tomato Soup in the beginning. I also added chipotle tabasco to my chicken broth. This added flavor without being spicy. If you can find them, I live on sugar free big sticks, they're better than popsicles. They are plain wrapped in a clear plastic bag usually in the bottom of the freezer section. I have found them at Vons and Stater Brothers. They help me get my fluids in and satisfy any craving.

On 07/26/2018 at 14:10, domi said:

If I concentrate on putting my spoon down and chewing every bite completely, it slows down my eating and I don't get nauseous. This is difficult when eating with others because we all tend to eat quickly.

You make a great point. Although I eat much faster than my boyfriend most the time... I need to just slow down

Easier said then done. Hang in there.