Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

6 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Exactly. And they tend to be higher calories so can go over calorie range quickly.

There’s a lot to learn. Thanks for answering my questions!

I’d like you all to meet my ginormous salad.

Realized I was pretty starving at 2pm so threw together one of my kitchen sink salads.

lettuce, carrots, cucumber, cheddar, grape tomatoes, canned chicken (was out of regular chicken), leftover falafel ball, hummus, pepperoni slices, some sirracha and, of course, some vinaigrette: 446 calories.

Ate about a 1/3 of it...as usual, will eat the rest later, but probably sans the canned chicken as it kinda gave me the icks (and if the falafel gets too soggy later, will probably toss that too)

92BC1DBB-4A7F-47B4-AAC0-99DC495FD25B.thumb.jpeg.4dd3e01213778a84bd654481f40f833e.jpeg

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I’d like you all to meet my ginormous salad.

Realized I was pretty starving at 2pm so threw together one of my kitchen sink salads.

lettuce, carrots, cucumber, cheddar, grape tomatoes, canned chicken (was out of regular chicken), leftover falafel ball, hummus, pepperoni slices, some sirracha and, of course, some vinaigrette: 446 calories.

Ate about a 1/3 of it...as usual, will eat the rest later, but probably sans the canned chicken as it kinda gave me the icks (and if the falafel gets too soggy later, will probably toss that too)

92BC1DBB-4A7F-47B4-AAC0-99DC495FD25B.thumb.jpeg.4dd3e01213778a84bd654481f40f833e.jpeg

You found Lettuce!

Tuesday version of Asian style slaw with imitation crab. About 250 kcals. Digging my slaw this week.😊

B556FF44-8640-446F-A140-E6FA6A23B866.jpeg

13 hours ago, PHAT Girl said:

What app are you using to calculate your meals

Gonna assume you are talking to me? Lol

I use the paid version of My Fitness Pal...though the free version is good too.

The last screen shot I posted was from the desktop version, but I use the mobile version way more, like probably 95% of the time.

I hear/read good reviews from the Baristatic App as well...its also free for the full functionality version, I believe.

14 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

You found Lettuce!

I did. ❤️

...but I’m still paying a premium for it these days.

Starting to cook some more again. Made a pork chop, Beans and a salad for myself and Carapulcra (Afro-Peruvian pork stew with sun dried potatoes) for my bf. Took a few bites of his stew and ate half of my dish.

@GreenTealael and the move went good but we are still unpacking :(

BBA8BB87-3B5C-42C7-9A13-54CE20F8F382.jpeg

EA27AE7C-7437-4695-9994-CEEDD57A566E.jpeg

6 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Starting to cook some more again. Made a pork chop, Beans and a salad for myself and Carapulcra (Afro-Peruvian pork stew with sun dried potatoes) for my bf. Took a few bites of his stew and ate half of my dish.

Yaayyyy she’s back! More delicious looking food pics on the horizon!

P.S. Yummmmm

P.P.S. I have never heard of sun dried potatoes before! I’m intrigued...

Made Schnitzelsandwiches again. Vegan "Schnitzel", Harry's vegan Protein Toasties, red onion, pickled cucumbers,curry ketchup and a vegan oat based spread.

It's missing salad leaves. Burgers and sandwiches always look kind of stripped down without salad leaves.

sandwiches.thumb.jpg.e7d7fd9f4b012869dfbc8b49fbaac76e.jpg

29 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

That Afro Peruvian stew looks so good! Will you share a recipe?

9 minutes ago, Neller said:

That Afro Peruvian stew looks so good! Will you share a recipe?

Ingredients:

Country style ribs or pork loin
1 tbsp of Peanut Butter
2 packets of Sazon Goya
1 bag of Papa seca (Sun dried potatoes)
1 1/2 tbsp aji panca
1 1/2 tbsp aji Amarillo
1 onion
Pepper
Garlic powder
Adobo
Cumin
1 chicken cube
1 beef cube
salt

1. Season meat and set aside.
2. In a frying pan roast the papa seca on medium heat without any oil or anything, just consistently stir. Once it starts to turn a light brown color turn off the stove
3. In a bowl put hot Water and dump the papa seca in the water and let it soak. Make sure the waters covers the papa.
4. In a pan fry garlic and onions and then add aji panca and aji Amarillo. Keep mixing the base then add a cube of chicken and beef.
5. Season your base with above seasonings plus add two packets of Sazon Goya. Add a little water it the base gets too dry.
6. Once base is cooked drain the papa seca and then add it to the pan. Mix base and papa seca well then add some water. Add enough water that the papa seca is fully cover. Let it boil for 15 minutes with the cover on.
7. Add the meat to the pan and mix everything together. Add water and salt if needed. Add a spoon of creamy peanut butter, once meat is half way cooked and place the lid on the pan to let it finish cooking.
8. Check on the mixture and stir when needed.

I’ve attached pics of the ingredients that you might not be familiar with. I usually buy them from my local Latin American grocery store but you could probably find them on Amazon.

While looking for a pic of the papa seca I found an article explaining exactly what it is.

https://www.apec2016.pe/what-is-papa-seca/

FAFA43DF-BF51-437C-9A7F-619CE576E19F.png

38288077-7240-4B97-98E2-A0187F4A423A.jpeg

D232941C-E8D6-4AED-8AB6-5032C508229D.jpeg

3 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Ingredients:

Country style ribs or pork loin
1 tbsp of Peanut Butter
2 packets of Sazon Goya
1 bag of Papa seca (Sun dried potatoes)
1 1/2 tbsp aji panca
1 1/2 tbsp aji Amarillo
1 onion
Pepper
Garlic powder
Adobo
Cumin
1 chicken cube
1 beef cube
salt

1. Season meat and set aside.
2. In a frying pan roast the papa seca on medium heat without any oil or anything, just consistently stir. Once it starts to turn a light brown color turn off the stove
3. In a bowl put hot Water and dump the papa seca in the Water and let it soak. Make sure the waters covers the papa.
4. In a pan fry garlic and onions and then add aji panca and aji Amarillo. Keep mixing the base then add a cube of chicken and beef.
5. Season your base with above seasonings plus add two packets of Sazon Goya. Add a little water it the base gets too dry.
6. Once base is cooked drain the papa seca and then add it to the pan. Mix base and papa seca well then add some water. Add enough water that the papa seca is fully cover. Let it boil for 15 minutes with the cover on.
7. Add the meat to the pan and mix everything together. Add water and salt if needed. Add a spoon of creamy Peanut Butter, once meat is half way cooked and place the lid on the pan to let it finish cooking.
8. Check on the mixture and stir when needed.

I’ve attached pics of the ingredients that you might not be familiar with. I usually buy them from my local Latin American grocery store but you could probably find them on Amazon.

While looking for a pic of the papa seca I found an article explaining exactly what it is.

https://www.apec2016.pe/what-is-papa-seca/

FAFA43DF-BF51-437C-9A7F-619CE576E19F.png

38288077-7240-4B97-98E2-A0187F4A423A.jpeg

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely look for those ingredients and try the recipe. I just have to wait until next month before I can start eating all foods (in moderation!).

(Wo)man vs. Ginormous Salad: An Update 😂

Am on day 2 now of working on that huge salad I fixed yesterday afternoon.

Mr. saw my leftovers in the fridge after dinner tonight and asked why I was saving “crumbs”. Well, because I was full, duh. Lol

Dawned on me that my eating habits have sooooo changed. Pre-op, i was of the mind that I had to clean my plate, and if there was just a little bit of food left, i should just finish it to get it over with. Not anymore.

Here’s a pic of the “crumbs” I’m saving for tomorrow because I didn’t need (nor want) another bite:

(Better eating habits for the Win!)

D0A618AF-CC68-4FE0-9B5C-A55B6C0A2D63.thumb.jpeg.c92ab4a627e15bc3432207cc7121e337.jpeg

I bought this vegan Pasta because my grocery didn’t have my zucchini noodles. Decided I’d give it a go. I cooked two serves to go with my bolognese sauce which made 9 serves so about 11g pasta per serve. Oh boy, my tummy did not enjoy it. The taste was ok but it sat like a lump about half way down my tummy. Groan! Not a great loss though as I really like zucchini noodles.

7A3E03CE-AD37-41DC-ACB1-32BD4D94A1BD.thumb.jpeg.3774188b7775b71dcb099b8ba4a98bf5.jpeg D653F4E2-776B-407A-BDD0-82C202B20B78.thumb.jpeg.949f926ed6b4fc18c5f0deb345cde4cf.jpeg