Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

chocolate chia seed pudding made with almond milk and stevia. The middle has fat free cool whip and I topped it with cacao nibs, chocolate shavings and fat free whip cream.

FA95133F-94D2-46F8-AF84-F57741889341.jpeg

Before surgery I’d have eaten both Breakfast sandwiches and all 4 hashbrowns and drank a large iced coffee with it and be hungry a couple hours later. Now though? Half a hashbrown and half a sandwich and no coffee. The rest of the hashbrowns and sandwiches got split between kids and my sister who also got my coffee. 😂

08ABCEA5-82DC-44DF-B692-4402C9D40644.jpeg

A0363A82-7C9E-433A-9A85-FBF56DCA02CC.jpeg

Everything is looking yummy on thread! Happy Halloween weekend... MIA - returned from business trip... Back to cooking at home. Ugh. Roasted cod with orange essence, caramelized onions, fennel and olives. Not a fish lover, so I ate a chicken thigh.

IMG_2042.jpeg

IMG_2045.jpeg

103629740_3285835941449830_6889087960518412900_n.jpeg

IMG_5915.jpeg

Edited by Sophie7713

General Tso’s chicken- I actually ate a small piece before I took the picture. I might eat some more later but I doubt it. 3 days of the same meal and I’m kinda burnt out on it.

7028676F-8A6A-4CF4-96B8-B7EA51134963.jpeg

AA3C0628-AFBA-494C-B0A3-927DD9C15867.jpeg

This is my mom's plate because after trying to weigh out 2 ounces of salmon it looked a bit shredded. Honey dijon air fried salmon, air fried fries, and green Beans. Yum! This feels like a splurge but I did 2 ounces salmon, 1/4 cup green beans, and 1/4 potato per my RD plan. Doing it again tonight!

D91F49B4-0A42-4895-9253-31C2D8B19092.jpeg

Looking at everyone's photos I feel I am eating about the same amount, maybe less.

I am getting close to the 2 year mark post bypass. Only family knows about surgery. Due to covid and pre Covid work environment I rarely have meals outside of immediate family. I'm stressed about a year form now still drawing attention with the extremely limited amount I can eat.

Initially when losing I said I was dieting etc. This far out does anyone have a go to phrase when you are around others regarding eating being so limited. If I had to eat in front of someone now I would probably try to order a slider like Soup or salad as my meal so I could eat a small but kind of "normal" portion without drawing attention. If I ordered chicken I would eat maybe 2 ounces and a few pieces of veggies and be stuffed.

Is this normal to still be so limited to eating real food? There's no way I could eat 3 ounces of chicken with a half cup of veggies. I can eat 1/3 to maybe 1/2 of a regular size Panera salad.

1 minute ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Looking at everyone's photos I feel I am eating about the same amount, maybe less.

I am getting close to the 2 year mark post bypass. Only family knows about surgery. Due to covid and pre Covid work environment I rarely have meals outside of immediate family. I'm stressed about a year form now still drawing attention with the extremely limited amount I can eat.

Initially when losing I said I was dieting etc. This far out does anyone have a go to phrase when you are around others regarding eating being so limited. If I had to eat in front of someone now I would probably try to order a slider like Soup or salad as my meal so I could eat a small but kind of "normal" portion without drawing attention. If I ordered chicken I would eat maybe 2 ounces and a few pieces of veggies and be stuffed.

Is this normal to still be so limited to eating real food? There's no way I could eat 3 ounces of chicken with a half cup of veggies. I can eat 1/3 to maybe 1/2 of a regular size Panera salad.

I don't think anyone could tell at this point that I've had bariatric surgery. I'm 5.5 years out - although I don't even think they'd be able to tell when I was two years out. It was only obvious the first few months. Since then, I don't think I eat much differently than my never-been-obese women friends who are constantly watching their weight. When I go out with them, we all order an appetizer. Or else an entree and take at least half of it home. You mentioned not being able to eat 3 oz of chicken and 1/2 C of vegetables - I could eat that.

6 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I don't think anyone could tell at this point that I've had bariatric surgery. I'm 5.5 years out - although I don't even think they'd be able to tell when I was two years out. It was only obvious the first few months. Since then, I don't think I eat much differently than my never-been-obese women friends who are constantly watching their weight. When I go out with them, we all order an appetizer. Or else an entree and take at least half of it home. You mentioned not being able to eat 3 oz of chicken and 1/2 C of vegetables - I could eat that.

Maybe I am more limited than the average person. Were you able to eat more volume after 2 or 3 years? I was very restricted initially for the first 6 months and by 1 year I am pretty much at the same restriction that I am at now. Not a big increase. It sounds crazy to want to be able to eat a little more. Not for the desire of eating but I now have to eat 6-8 meals or Snacks to get my calories in. I don't want to force more and sabotage myself though.

8 minutes ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Maybe I am more limited than the average person. Were you able to eat more volume after 2 or 3 years? I was very restricted initially for the first 6 months and by 1 year I am pretty much at the same restriction that I am at now. Not a big increase. It sounds crazy to want to be able to eat a little more. Not for the desire of eating but I now have to eat 6-8 meals or Snacks to get my calories in. I don't want to force more and sabotage myself though.

I hit my goal at 20 months out, and I played around with calorie ranges until I figured out that I could maintain my weight if I stayed within a 1500-1700 calorie range. I still eat within that range (not that I never go over that - but I'm USUALLY somewhere in this range). Not sure if that helps or not. Although people are all across the board with calorie requirements. I know some post-WLS women who can eat 2000 (although they're pretty active) - and others who can only eat 1200.

anyway, to answer your question, I don't know exactly when I figured out the 1500-1700 thing, but maybe around two years out? I've been eating at the level ever since.

45 minutes ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

Good news: you may have been blessed with long lasting restriction! That's pretty awesome!

I'd like to think that I eat more (volume) than most people on the site (but maybe not) and people still think I don't eat very much. I know I'm hyper perceptive because I was hiding it for so long. I'm still hiding it most of the time 😂

I don't think I could eat more than 3-4 oz of dense Protein. But sliders are different. My teens say I eat like a toddler 😂 but they do not know about my surgeries.

I take normal sized portions most of the time and when I'm done, meals either becomes leftovers or hand offs so that prevents a lot of questions.

But (personally) under no circumstance will I try to eat more to assuage speculations because that would mean literally hurting myself for someone else's comfort. At that point I'd rather just tell everyone.

Edited by GreenTealael