Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

19 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

So one last fancy-ish post for a while for me. My meal on the plane (on the way back from vacation 😪)

Pea Soup with mint (this was delicious, minus the actual peas 😂) salad with a ranch like dressing (who knew they had ranch in Poland!)

IMG_1712.thumb.jpg.7a6b719b8ac30826d5fe63a1108d05e2.jpg

IMG_1713.thumb.jpg.54eec100f1c47abc48cba221ae1c6f01.jpg

Pierogi with cottage cheese, beef ragout and diced root veggies. This may have been my favorite plane meal ever. I was doubtful on the cottage cheese, but it was creamy and didn't have the tang we have in the US. Every single bite was delicious. I took a long pause mid meal and finished it all.

IMG_1714.thumb.jpg.be03b6e3b07bf1960d088ff523350cc3.jpg

IMG_1715.thumb.jpg.1eec272f80a26b86e00012803f451a99.jpg

Beer and movie time

IMG_1716.thumb.jpg.b0960505abdc19efa87aee1dddc02f47.jpg

Midflight cheese plate (no after but I ate only the pesto cheese and grapes. I actually asked if they had any leftover pierogi plates 😂

IMG_1717.thumb.jpg.8877e14b6fb04646f55dc50fec7bffb5.jpg

lunch before landing. Spinach & ricotta ravioli. The only standout on this plate was the poached shrimp, fresh green and delicious sesame dressing (in the cup)

IMG_1718.thumb.jpg.b2055a91d9183415fb02acdb23e10ac0.jpg

IMG_1719.thumb.jpg.81902ec9a1f74b02482c7bad67d4218e.jpg

You must be first class... I get peanuts and pretzels on flights. hahaha

2 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

You must be first class... I get peanuts and pretzels on flights. hahaha

It's international business class. Week to week peanut and pretzel work travel funds more comfortable long haul vacation award travel.

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Now I want dal! I wish I wasn't in such an anti-cooking stage. It kills me that it costs $15 for a tiny container from a restaurant, when it is so easy and cheap to make.

I’m pretty sure a this cost around $3 and 20 mins to make a quart of this. I almost exclusively use Masoor Dal because it’s a quicker cook.

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I’m pretty sure a this cost around $3 and 20 mins to make a quart of this. I almost exclusively use Masoor Dal because it’s a quicker cook.

ok, now I need the recipe ... I've been shamed into cooking :(

ok, now I need the recipe ... I've been shamed into cooking :(

Oh no! I only have eyeball recipes. I knew this would come back to bite me. My daughter asked for a measuring cup to make rice yesterday and I explained I don’t measure then taught her how to estimate.

My Lazy A$$ Masoor Dal

Triple wash the red split lentils. Add Water. I think the lentil to water ratio is roughly 1:2.

Add any South/East Asian spices you like (garam masala, cumin, tumeric, bay leaf, ginger, kasuri methi… or if lazy like me just a good premade curry blend and basic aromatics)

Add in carrots, potatoes or whatever root vegetables you want. High heat until boiling then reduce to a simmer.

Cook root vegetables are until tender and lentils are dissolved adding more water or spices as necessary. For thicker stew use less water but cook slower and lower.

I hope that works, if not I have to book a flight and prove myself.

Edited by GreenTealael

IMG_1714.thumb.jpg.be03b6e3b07bf1960d088ff523350cc3.jpg

IMG_1717.thumb.jpg.8877e14b6fb04646f55dc50fec7bffb5.jpg

tablecloths, silverware, cloth napkins, and "glass" glasses. premium airline cabins for the win! lol

(that midnight cheese plate has me heading into the kitchen for some at-home charcuterie...)

38 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Oh no! I only have eyeball recipes. I knew this would come back to bite me. My daughter asked for a measuring cup to make rice yesterday and I explained I don’t measure then taught her how to estimate.

My Lazy A$$ Masoor Dal

Triple wash the red split lentils. Add Water. I think the lentil to Water ratio is roughly 1:2.

Add any East Asian spices you like (garam masala, cumin, tumeric, bay leaf, ginger, kasuri methi… or if lazy like me just a good premade curry blend and basic aromatics)

Add in carrots, potatoes or whatever root vegetables you want. High heat until boiling then reduce to a simmer.

Cook root vegetables are until tender and lentils are dissolved adding more water or spices as necessary. For thicker stew use less water but cook slower and lower.

I hope that works, if not I have to book a flight and prove myself.

I don't think I've actually measured anything for years. I think the rice lesson is a good one because it's all about proportions. My bf's house has no measuring cups, so I make rice as one pint glass of rice, with two pint glasses of water, and eyeball salt 🤷‍♂️

I just looked online for the Shan spice mix I used to use regularly, but no joy :( . I'm much too lazy to make the drive to Little India, 10 miles away 😂

On 11/8/2022 at 10:39 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Also, today was a meal prep day!

for kids’ Breakfast this week (not pictured, forgot to grab a photo sorry) 10 bacon egg and cheese burritos, 10 sausage, egg and cheese burritos, 10 Canadian bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches, 6 egg and cheese sandwiches, and pancakes. This took about an hour total.

freezer meals (pictured in my very disorganized freezer) 2 pepper steaks, 1 beef mushroom roast, 3 stuffed pepper Soup, 2 creamy Italian chicken, 2 balsamic chicken, 2 corn lime chicken, 2 sweet and sour chicken, and 2 extra bags of chicken ready for other meals. So 14 dinner meals plus 2 extras which took maybe 2 hours total. I can just dump them in the slow cooker in the mornings and have dinner ready without much effort.

Also, an unknown child spilled something in there (I’m thinking blueberries) and by the time I was done and saw it 😒 … It can wait another day.

E5E96F11-C181-4BE7-AD8D-C26DD9F5935B.jpeg

As much as I hate to admit it, I need to start meal prep again. I think just crockpot meals if I can get away with it. It really takes the guess work out of life.

48 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

As much as I hate to admit it, I need to start meal prep again. I think just crockpot meals if I can get away with it. It really takes the guess work out of life.

I meal prep my lunches usually. A lot of times crock pot meals, mainly because it is easier. This week I made "Mississippi roast beef" it is the best roast I have ever eaten! I will have to take a picture during my lunch tomorrow and share it.

If you look up the recipe- I used half of the butter in the recipe and will likely just leave the butter completely out next time.

7 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

I meal prep my lunches usually. A lot of times crock pot meals, mainly because it is easier. This week I made "Mississippi roast beef" it is the best roast I have ever eaten! I will have to take a picture during my lunch tomorrow and share it.

If you look up the recipe- I used half of the butter in the recipe and will likely just leave the butter completely out next time.

You’ve been hiding this from us!

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

You’ve been hiding this from us!

I suppose! haha

I also LOVE roast carrots so I added baby carrots to mine while it cooked! YUM! It is really the only kind of carrots I like. I hate raw carrots and even cooked taste to plain. But whew, I could make a meal of roast beef carrots alone.

6 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

I suppose! haha

I also LOVE roast carrots so I added baby carrots to mine while it cooked! YUM! It is really the only kind of carrots I like. I hate raw carrots and even cooked taste to plain. But whew, I could make a meal of roast beef carrots alone.

Please take pics

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Please take pics

You got it!! I will wait till I eat it tomorrow because it looks gross cold. HAHA!