Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Entree salad ‘of the house’ (yes, it was a Mexican salad 😂)
Goat cheese burger with fries and salad

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

Ok, the last one looks like a big portion to me. I'd either have the salad or the burger/fries thing.

What I sometimes do at restaurants when they have fancy Desserts and appetizers that I order an appetizer and a dessert. Most people I go out to eat with wouldn't order a three course meal (though it depends on the restaurant's portions sizes of course) as most say it's too much in one sitting.

It's different if it's a long evening and the course are quite a bit apart.

My lunch 2.2 oz salmon sashimi, with 2 oz rice with a 1 tsp of seasoned vinegar. I dipped the fish in lemon juice, soy sauce and wasabi. 177 calories total. Total weight meal 118g. I ate it all. 20221108_135512.jpg

On 11/08/2022 at 18:55, summerset said:

Ok, the last one looks like a big portion to me. I'd either have the salad or the burger/fries thing.

What I sometimes do at restaurants when they have fancy Desserts and appetizers that I order an appetizer and a dessert. Most people I go out to eat with wouldn't order a three course meal (though it depends on the restaurant's portions sizes of course) as most say it's too much in one sitting.

It's different if it's a long evening and the course are quite a bit apart.

My error, I was mixing up my French & American terminology. The salad and burger were two different dishes, mine and my friend’s dish). I was using entree in the US meaning an main course, not a French as starter. This was a casual one or two course meal

Thai sweet and sour crispy chicken

Ok I know I’m not going crazy. This is not a normal portion size. This is not including the 1.5 cups of rice that came with it (no thanks)

E234789A-5724-4C44-80FB-7263B28A2D4F.jpeg

95FBA8F3-2DC8-4EB5-8D32-E8FFB9266B23.jpeg

Tonight’s dinner, three courses, before and after. As you can see by the menu, the price is for three courses, so that’s the expected norm
First course, sheep’s milk foam with parsnips (no after, ate it all)
Second course, Cod with fennel
Third course, lemon cream with meringue shards

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

14 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Thai sweet and sour crispy chicken

Ok I know I’m not going crazy. This is not a normal portion size. This is not including the 1.5 cups of rice that came with it (no thanks)

E234789A-5724-4C44-80FB-7263B28A2D4F.jpeg

95FBA8F3-2DC8-4EB5-8D32-E8FFB9266B23.jpeg

Ok, so that is large ... BUT ... taking home leftovers is the norm and pretty much expected in the US. The rest of the world that's not really a thing.

12 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Ok, so that is large ... BUT ... taking home leftovers is the norm and pretty much expected in the US. The rest of the world that's not really a thing.

It was good but no one wanted these leftovers. Also I have to confess, I will take leftovers but rarely will I eat them.
Where is my support group?

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

It was good but no one wanted these leftovers. Also I have to confess, I will take leftovers but rarely will I eat them.
Where is my support group?

When you find it let me know so I can join!

Random foods- a Breakfast bowl with potatoes, onions, peppers, carrots and vegan scrambled eggs (just egg brand) and harissa spice

vegan sausage patties with Chinese takeout style broccoli (only ate half of it)

someone mentioned pita chips- they were on sale and I had a coupon so I bought some! And a mini cheese wedge.

F162C3B7-E85C-4DD4-AC63-48A0C468694A.jpeg

517FB27E-0AAF-447C-B576-EFB2BD254E03.jpeg

933226CF-B8D6-445E-84B1-F2E6DA303069.jpeg

Also, today was a meal prep day!

for kids’ breakfast this week (not pictured, forgot to grab a photo sorry) 10 bacon egg and cheese burritos, 10 sausage, egg and cheese burritos, 10 Canadian bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches, 6 egg and cheese sandwiches, and pancakes. This took about an hour total.

freezer meals (pictured in my very disorganized freezer) 2 pepper steaks, 1 beef mushroom roast, 3 stuffed pepper Soup, 2 creamy Italian chicken, 2 balsamic chicken, 2 corn lime chicken, 2 sweet and sour chicken, and 2 extra bags of chicken ready for other meals. So 14 dinner meals plus 2 extras which took maybe 2 hours total. I can just dump them in the slow cooker in the mornings and have dinner ready without much effort.

Also, an unknown child spilled something in there (I’m thinking blueberries) and by the time I was done and saw it 😒 … It can wait another day.

E5E96F11-C181-4BE7-AD8D-C26DD9F5935B.jpeg

8 hours ago, sillykitty said:

taking home leftovers is the norm and pretty much expected in the US. The rest of the world that's not really a thing.

Depends.

People take leftovers with them frequently here as well, e. g. from pizzas in boxes. Also poke bowls etc.

Not sure how common that really is in Germany but when you ask for a box no one bats an eye.